Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Magic sign Channing Frye

Frye brings much more to this team in different ways. He can shoot the ball, to help oladipo and payton grow/navigate the court you need someone who can space it out. Watch Frye's Highlights he is wide open most the time at the top of the key and he can pass out of there as well. Very efficient and another leader to help these rookies

That's great and all but the guy could've been acquired for a less lucrative contract. Thats the entire point that hennigan needs to prove. He needs to prove he doesn't give guys more money than they deserve like Otis clearly did many times over. So far I like Rob but he could've made a better move for afflalo perhaps late last season but he didn't. He could've signed someone better than Gordon and could've paid Gordon less but he didn't. Those two moves were not the brightest. Now I like the draft picks those are logical so is Frye but not for the money at this point in his career. And I don't give Rob credit for drafting Victor anyone in their right mind except Cleveland would have done the same. Rob is questionable right now he doesn't seem to have a concise plan yet. He may never see his plan into action it may take too long or never happen at all. oh well these are ok moves but not great I think Rob is leaving all of us scratching our heads

Not a huge fan of this one. He's better than what we have but isn't going to be a core guy. With the 2 rooks we need shooting any way we can get it. Year 4 has to be a team option.

Not really a bad signing, Frye is very serviceable and his range is well respected around the league. This should translate into opening up the paint for our cutters and slashers and help Vuc on the boards by bringing out the opposing teams 4. I also see Frye as another bridge player, helping to bring along the young core as they continue to develop. I still could do without the Ben Gordon signing but.......................... we will see!!

Welcome Frye, work hard and make us better!!!!!

Channing Frye 31yrs old, 9.9 Career PPG and we are going to pay Channing 8,000,000.00 per year for 4yrs. The contract will end when Channing is 35yrs old.

I would of liked Channing here 4 to 5yrs ago, to team him up with Dwight. Frye is a good stretch 4, has a decent 3pt shot. But now.... im not sure how he fits in.

counting stats are the devil

last 4 years his 3 point shooting is extremely good on a high attempt rate, offensive rating the last 4 years.....120,106,111,110

yes it's an overpay but the magic have to overpay to get guys right now

now if we wanna talk defense.....vucci and frye is BRUTAL together

I would like to know more details about the deal before I determine if it was a poor deal or not. For all we know there is a team option for the 4th year or it may be front loaded. Someone mentioned it in the other thread that Ryan Anderson had a similar deal for a little bit more money. I don't remember hearing a lot of criticism on that deal throughout the league and Anderson is a comparable player. Shooting is a premium in today's league and this roster needs a lot of shooting. Frye does help with that considerably.

counting stats are the devil

last 4 years his 3 point shooting is extremely good on a high attempt rate, offensive rating the last 4 years.....120,106,111,110

yes it's an overpay but the magic have to overpay to get guys right now

now if we wanna talk defense.....vucci and frye is BRUTAL together

Fortunately the perimeter defense around them should be stellar.

That's great and all but the guy could've been acquired for a less lucrative contract. Thats the entire point that hennigan needs to prove. He needs to prove he doesn't give guys more money than they deserve like Otis clearly did many times over. So far I like Rob but he could've made a better move for afflalo perhaps late last season but he didn't. He could've signed someone better than Gordon and could've paid Gordon less but he didn't. Those two moves were not the brightest. Now I like the draft picks those are logical so is Frye but not for the money at this point in his career. And I don't give Rob credit for drafting Victor anyone in their right mind except Cleveland would have done the same. Rob is questionable right now he doesn't seem to have a concise plan yet. He may never see his plan into action it may take too long or never happen at all. oh well these are ok moves but not great I think Rob is leaving all of us scratching our heads

We needed a PF..... How do you know we overpaid for him... His Market value wasn't exactly set by you..... We still have Big baby on the books for almost 7 mil. and Al harrington for 6 mil.... How many games did Big Al play for us last year...????? That's right.. I think he played 1 game..... I'll take Channing who will actually play all year in the rotation and be a real role player with this team. He won't command 40 minutes a game and we can continue to develop our young players..... I personally like the signing... Much better then the Gordon signing.....

So much for getting rid of all the veterans and watching the "young guns" develop. Given the age of the player involved here, this one reminds me a little bit of Rashard Lewis. It's true that the money won't affect us this year, but that $8M may limit our options 2-3 years down the line.

Hope it works out ok.

I was high on Frye about 4 years ago. Haven't heard from him since. He crushed roto rankings because of his shooting percentage and 3pts made. He also passed and rebounded OK (but not stellar). Instead we got R.A.

I would like to know more details about the deal before I determine if it was a poor deal or not. For all we know there is a team option for the 4th year or it may be front loaded. Someone mentioned it in the other thread that Ryan Anderson had a similar deal for a little bit more money. I don't remember hearing a lot of criticism on that deal throughout the league and Anderson is a comparable player. Shooting is a premium in today's league and this roster needs a lot of shooting. Frye does help with that considerably.

If you checked your FB at all you'd know that I already told you all four years are guaranteed. I told you this during the Magic's SL game! Jerk.

Also, with Nelson and AA gone, Frye immediately becomes the best shooter on the team.

• Upvote 1