Sign in to follow this  
A Better DJ & Photographer

Welcome Ben Gordon- Magic Sign Ben Gordon for 2 years $9M

He only played 19 games. You really can't calculate a true mean based on statistical sample size. Try his first year in Charlotte and last year in Detroit. If he doesn't go the full 82 games with consistent contribution then the beam would tilt to his durability. Will he be able to sustain his performances without frequent injuries. Will Gordon be able to even salvage whats left of his career? Wait...and see. This season needs to start because those questions rival that of TV previews of reality documentaries.

If somebody would have told Ben Gordon last week that he would be the second highest paid player that signed him, I doubt if he would have believed it. I'm starting to wonder if Rob isn't becoming the Billy Beane of the NBA. This will be the first time that the team on the floor were all his picks or signings. I don't expect this team to perform like the Oakland A's in baseball, 5th lowest salary out of 30 teams with no cap and currently playing at the highest level in the MLB, but I really do think there is a method to his madness, and how cool would it be to see this team play competitive ball in the NBA with this roster. Never say never.

What does signing a one year shooter really do for the team though? I dont really see the benefit of having someone who may play lights out because he is in a contract year only to regress the next.(Maybe he wont because the second year would also then be a contract year if picked up)

I guess I'm looking at this long term and don't see the need for an old shooter that won't be around when we could actually use an old shooter. I would of liked for this signing to be a younger guy.

Just thinking out loud. Anyone feel the same?

What does signing a one year shooter really do for the team though? I dont really see the benefit of having someone who may play lights out because he is in a contract year only to regress the next.(Maybe he wont because the second year would also then be a contract year if picked up)

I guess I'm looking at this long term and don't see the need for an old shooter that won't be around when we could actually use an old shooter. I would of liked for this signing to be a younger guy.

Just thinking out loud. Anyone feel the same?

I do see your point. I have been a season ticker holder for many years and as a fan you want to cheer for a winning team. The last two years has been tough but I knew we are on a rebuilding process and we saw some forward strikes towards that. However. This year, so far We have regress. Our current team, as it stands, is less talented than last year team.

We do have two new talented young players but still very raw. Our core of player are either too young and our 2 new veterans are and will be here for a short period of time. I dont see how we are going to be able to compete.

To top it all, I took offense when Hennie said in the press conference that he blocks our inputs and request as fans. For the first year in many years I will not be renewing my season tickets and put it on hold until next year. My commitment is still with the team but i will not be paying a significant amount of my hard earned money on another season ticket seats when event the manager of the team does not care about the fans.

I love the players and city and I hope we can turn this around ASAP. It is hard to be a players fan on your team when the players leave after a year or two in your team.

I do see your point. I have been a season ticker holder for many years and as a fan you want to cheer for a winning team. The last two years has been tough but I knew we are on a rebuilding process and we saw some forward strikes towards that. However. This year, so far We have regress. Our current team, as it stands, is less talented than last year team.

We do have two new talented young players but still very raw. Our core of player are either too young and our 2 new veterans are and will be here for a short period of time. I dont see how we are going to be able to compete.

To top it all, I took offense when Hennie said in the press conference that he blocks our inputs and request as fans. For the first year in many years I will not be renewing my season tickets and put it on hold until next year. My commitment is still with the team but i will not be paying a significant amount of my hard earned money on another season ticket seats when event the manager of the team does not care about the fans.

I love the players and city and I hope we can turn this around ASAP. It is hard to be a players fan on your team when the players leave after a year or two in your team.

Henny's job is to build a team, not to take or consider input from fans about who they want him to draft based on mock drafts and bs fed to the media. To take offense to this or think fans input is important or should be considered in any meaningful way is juvenile, not to mention utterly ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Since Magic got two piston players. I question whether this team is going the be like the Pistons or have a SA Spurs direction.

If it's the Piston's way then better call Isiah Thomas to train them as Bad Boys :chairshot:

Henny's job is to build a team, not to take or consider input from fans about who they want him to draft based on mock drafts and bs fed to the media. To take offense to this or think fans input is important or should be considered in any meaningful way is juvenile, not to mention utterly ridiculous.

Agreed.

I too believe that the team is regressing, or at very best, spinning their wheels in neutral and not moving forward.

But the last thing a GM should do, in any sport, is listen to what the fan base wants on personnel decisions. That's the quickest way to building a bad team.

I really don't mind the signing at all. With the way the contract is structured the worst case scenario is basically a null and void situation. Best case scenario of him returning to his old ways probably won't happen so we don't get any major gain either. The probable outcome is we get a guy who can sit on the 3pt line as a spot up shooter so all of our athletic drivers actually have someone to dish out to. Maybe not worth that money but in a year where that money means NOTHING who cares.

you clearly don't understand how this work. I have been a season ticker holder for more than 10 years...we have special meeting/events with ownership and players.

Hennie has said in the past, at least to us, that fan based is important. This is not about making draft or personal decision. We, as fan trust ownership and management and pay our dues so they can entertained us. The last time he and ownership talked to us, he specifically said that he wants to please our fan based and season ticker holders and that we are very important during the building process. i understand that This is all entertainment but my point is that if you are not happy with a meal and service you don't pay to go back. Although in sports is different, I don't have to pay my hard earning money on a management that provides service not of my liking. That is how we can talk and probably get listened. I will stay at home and follow my team on my TV. I am not the only one. 60% of my fellow ticker holders has done the same thing. Hopefully, there is a short term plan and if so, I will be the first to apologize and jump back on the Hennie bandwagon as I was last year.

people love to hennie blinds them of his actions..if Otis would it made the same moves this year..I'm sure all of you will be even worse than me..The fire Otis now posts will be off the chart. Let's stop with the spurs comparisons. .we Don't have anything close than that..we have a bunch of 20 and 21 year Old players that all will be free agents at the same time. How are we going to sign them all at once? we likely going to Keep one or two. Expect the ongoing signing players for 1-2 years at a time each year.

This is my place to vent. Sorry..we all want the same thing here which is winning.

I want it more and sooner than some of you guys. ..that's all.

• Upvote 4