Sign in to follow this  
A Better DJ & Photographer

Welcome Ben Gordon- Magic Sign Ben Gordon for 2 years $9M

Welcome Ben Gordon, I hope you surprise everyone by getting back to your old self and provide us with some great shooting off the bench.

Before you say WTF, his 2nd year is not guaranteed and he will be excellent trade fodder at the deadline! Who knows, he could even make a comeback and get somewhere near his Chicago form? http://basketball.re...ract-With-Magic

Otis would have never signed him as a free agent when he could have traded our first rounders for three years to another team while he was under contract. Shame on you for suggesting such mild stupidity from Otis. He really was far more stupid than you give him credit for.

• Upvote 2

This I don't understand..I have been very high on Hennie but this last few moves, including the draft, has been very disappointed. It appears as he wants to save cap space but for what??? Jameer has been a very loyal player who has given a lot to this community and you waive him for two guys that are not going to bring much. The 2 million s to jammer plus the 6 millions to green and gordon are equivalent to the expiring 8 million that jameer had which could it have been traded on deadline for assets if needed.

So if ir was a cap space move..then explain it to me..

The draft! We could it easily picked Exum and Saric without giving any other assests.

Saric will it stayed in Europe saving us another 2 millions in cap space if this is truly what Jennie wants.

We could it select a guy like patrick young with a second rounder on a cheap contract for a 2nd or third PF/C option.

Afflalo deal was a lateral move.

So far we have lost 1 first round, a second round pick, our loyal leader in jammer and our best player in afflalo for nothing yet.

my grade for the off season so far on Hennie is a D minus.

I think we have overrated him over the past 2 years as our expectations were low and we were truing to lose for the tank.

The draft! We could it easily picked Exum and Saric without giving any other assests.

Saric will it stayed in Europe saving us another 2 millions in cap space if this is truly what Jennie wants.

Wow.

Otis would have never signed him as a free agent when he could have traded our first rounders for three years to another team while he was under contract. Shame on you for suggesting such mild stupidity from Otis. He really was far more stupid than you give him credit for.

This made me crack up more than it should have. Very true.

What do scorers usually do in contract years? Put up numbers to try and get a good offer. We signed him to a1 year deal, if he stinks we cut him, if he goes off we picked up the scoring we need.

What do scorers usually do in contract years? Put up numbers to try and get a good offer. We signed him to a1 year deal, if he stinks we cut him, if he goes off we picked up the scoring we need.

Exactly, glad to see we did a little something, and we shouldn't be putrid at shooting now.

Maybe anyway.. Ben Gordon is not immune to some cold spells. But still, there's no downside in this.

I'm not mad about it, I'm not thrilled either. But I am however fine with it. It's a very low-risk, high-reward kind of thing. He's a shooter and like Skywise said, shooters shoot for contracts and in a sense this deal makes next season a contract season for him. So he might actually come to play to revive his career. Who knows. If he sucks, we'll either cut him or use him in a trade for a parking meter.

I'm not mad about it, I'm not thrilled either. But I am however fine with it. It's a very low-risk, high-reward kind of thing. He's a shooter and like Skywise said, shooters shoot for contracts and in a sense this deal makes next season a contract season for him. So he might actually come to play to revive his career. Who knows. If he sucks, we'll either cut him or use him in a trade for a parking meter.

Agreed. He fills a spot and if we tell him this is your last chance to prove something, what can we expect? Not 20ppg but I bet he gets a few for us.

Ehh.... this was a yawner.

Gordon hasn't produced anything significant since his last year in Chicago when he had a 20ppg season. It's not reasonable to think he is going to fill a need to score when he couldn't even get to the floor last year, netting Ben a whopping 5ppg stat.

From a Vet perspective, I don't see where he could help. Had problems and got waived before the playoffs in Charlotte. Don't you think charlotte would of used him if he could provide something?

X2 Yawn...

For the sake of the team, hope he proves me wrong.

Trend + age says no.