Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Leader, leader !! Anybody got a leader !!!

Oladipo and Tobias harris. Aaron Gordon will slowly creep in after 2 years.

VO the obvious leader of the group, for me. Tobias a decent leader too.

Bit of a leader-by-committee situation, as I'd expect even our new draft picks to be good role models and really professional.

Sentinel is mentioning Willie Green. Only reason he was let go after 3 years in Clipper Nation was salary. They apparently need that $1.4 mil for something else. We save $4.6 mil by swapping Nelson out now for Green. I suspect we knew we were gonna be awarded Green before Nelson was let go...

Green actually has played in more NBA games than Jameer and is known as a great locker room guy. With that said, I'm sure the young guys already here are being encouraged to step up too.

Gordon will be a leader much faster than people think. That is one of his skills. He led Arizona as an 18 year old .

There are several "Lead by example" types on this team but for the one who's voice looks like it will be the loudest and will hold other accountable I have to think Harris. He just has the look of a guy who holds other's accountable and gets everyone to match intensity. If theres one guy who I think is really gonna take a big step forward this year it's him.

@JohnDenton555: #Magic Summ Lg players raving about @VicOladipo showing leadership. He's been extremely vocal and helpful to rookies Gordan, EP and Marble.

Usually you look to your stars and veterans for leadership. This will be difficult for the Magic since they don't really have either. They have brought in two older players but neither has any history with the team. The rest are all young, and no one has shown star ability yet. No one is going to want to be "led" by rookies, even if they've only been in the league a year or two (could occasionally make an exception for an acknowledged outstanding talent like Lebron, but again that's not our situation).

A lot of it may fall on the coach, who's not that far removed from his playing days. JV has shown great rapport with his players. Whether or not he's a good coach, however, is still very much an open question as far as I'm concerned.

• Upvote 1

Usually you look to your stars and veterans for leadership. This will be difficult for the Magic since they don't really have either. They have brought in two older players but neither has any history with the team. The rest are all young, and no one has shown star ability yet. No one is going to want to be "led" by rookies, even if they've only been in the league a year or two (could occasionally make an exception for an acknowledged outstanding talent like Lebron, but again that's not our situation).

A lot of it may fall on the coach, who's not that far removed from his playing days. JV has shown great rapport with his players. Whether or not he's a good coach, however, is still very much an open question as far as I'm concerned.

Absent an expected/defined leader, we will see who steps up to assume the mantle.

I don't think it's outside the realm of possibility that the Magic think this is Vic's team and made moves (trading Afflalo, waiving Jameer) accordingly to allow him to blossom and develop as a leader on and off the court.