CTMagicUK

Summer League Thread

Y'all have correctly identified two potential busts in my eyes. Randle has no versatility and Exum no shot. At this point neither is an impact player, moving forward we will see.

I haven't seen a burst approaching Wall or pre-injury Rose at all. Not yet anyways.

That drive at the end of the quarter, I can see quite a few defensive players cutting that right off. He definitely has an advantage passing wise, I was just expecting to see a burst. Victor has that other gear he hits where you are just like good Lord, that is what I was expecting. Payton was WAY more aggressive in summer league.

Y'all have correctly identified two potential busts in my eyes. Randle has no versatility and Exum no shot. At this point neither is an impact player, moving forward we will see.

They both will probably get better, I was expecting more after all the hype Exum got...Randle I just did not enjoy watching in college.

Exum looks very smooth. He just can't shoot yet. his defense is bad and he creates a lot of situations that he can't get out of. without a haphazard pass.

He just dribbled into 2 guys and got ripped, then lost a jump ball to a guy 3 inches shorter, and then got a dunk off on a fast break.

Thats summer league for you.

The announcers are getting paid every time they say his name I think.

He was only bad tonight because Burke was freezing him out from the sidelines.

Exum has been downright awful in SL: http://www.nba.com/s...exum/index.html … 30 FG% and 16 3PT%. I'm not saying he won't turn out okay but he's a project from my eyeball test. I also do not see him playing PG. He just doesn't look like a 1 to me, which is what a lot of GMs were supposedly saying pre-draft.

My guess is that Rob saw the same thing in his eyeball test. We needed a PG and a rim defender who can rebound with our first two picks, and it looks like Henny did his homework.

From watching both players.I truly believe Aaron Gordon was the 3rd best option in terms of ceiling in the draft.

I leave Embiid out of this since we won't see him for some time.

If he delivers, that means Gordon would be 4th, which would mean it was the optimal draft pick.

There is no way anyone can watch Randle and tell me that guy has the talent level of Gordon.

In fact a better debate may be Smart versus Payton because Exum is not on their level - IMO.

Yeah Henny is a good GM. Wish more fans saw this after what he has already done post D12. We are going to be built like the Spurs: good picks, good character players, no dwama kings.

From watching both players.I truly believe Aaron Gordon was the 3rd best option in terms of ceiling in the draft.

I leave Embiid out of this since we won't see him for some time.

If he delivers, that means Gordon would be 4th, which would mean it was the optimal draft pick.

There is no way anyone can watch Randle and tell me that guy has the talent level of Gordon.

In fact a better debate may be Smart versus Payton because Exum is not on their level - IMO.

It's funny we preached patience when Gordon was struggling yet we are happy to write off Exum after the summer league.

It's funny we preached patience when Gordon was struggling yet we are happy to write off Exum after the summer league.

Gordon actually was better than Exum, but everyone knows SL means nothing. It's all about pick justification at this point, I hope no one is thinking they learned much about either that can be projected into the future.

Gordon actually was better than Exum, but everyone knows SL means nothing. It's all about pick justification at this point, I hope no one is thinking they learned much about either that can be projected into the future.

Though it is summerleague, I do think you can take somethings away from it. You can see how some players games will translate some what and what skills players currently have now. For example, seeing victor last year, I got a good idea of his skill set- strengths and weekness. You can also see what thing players have improved on from the year before. This summer with victor, I saw more of a comfort and leadership with him than last year.