Sign in to follow this  
jjasso007

David Lee could possibly be traded to Orlando (speculation)

I saw that Kyler reported this as well and I think they are both basing it on that nonsense article that came out yesterday. Having said that if it is true then it is a 2 yr deal does that mean his contract becomes valuable around the time we are looking to make a FA play? I guess it would depend on what we are giving up, what we get, and how the contract would match up with that FA time table.

I saw that Kyler reported this as well and I think they are both basing it on that nonsense article that came out yesterday. Having said that if it is true then it is a 2 yr deal does that mean his contract becomes valuable around the time we are looking to make a FA play? I guess it would depend on what we are giving up, what we get, and how the contract would match up with that FA time table.

This actually made me change my initial reaction.

If it is true, (which I doubt but still) it could be because we want to clear space at SG by trading Afflalo in order to draft a guard and also fill a whole at PF. Granted he's not really the type of PF we need but maybe we have faith in Vuc improving his defense? If we role out a lineup of:

Exum

Oladipo

Harris/Harkless

Lee

Vucevic

We could potentially push for a playoff spot this coming season and then the season after we have a huge expiring contract to shop around with in trades. And if we can't trade him his contract expires at the same time as Kevin Durant's ;) Plus I think, given the contract of Lee, we might be able to get more than just him for Afflalo.

I'm still not sold on the idea but thinking about more than just "we'd be paying him $15 million to not play defense" has kind of made me feel like I'd be ok with it.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/5/21/5738146/nba-trade-rumors-david-lee-magic-warriors

Interesting scenario. I like Lee's production and energy, and we do need someone who can grab boards and score at the PF position. I'd be good with bringing Lee in to man the 4

Lee makes sense if we dump Affalo and Nelson as we will need some vets to fill the void and Lee fills that need as people mentioned for a 4 that rebound and defend. It would also open up both guard positions for Dipo and Exum (if we go there). Lee is due 30 million over the next two years, 15 each so we would take on an expiring contract that would not be much different than the schedule of Nelson and Affalo combined. There may be one season difference but we may not miss big free agency period. Correct me if I am wrong but Golden State has no picks in this draft coming up so they may want in.

This actually made me change my initial reaction.

If it is true, (which I doubt but still) it could be because we want to clear space at SG by trading Afflalo in order to draft a guard and also fill a whole at PF. Granted he's not really the type of PF we need but maybe we have faith in Vuc improving his defense? If we role out a lineup of:

Exum

Oladipo

Harris/Harkless

Lee

Vucevic

We could potentially push for a playoff spot this coming season and then the season after we have a huge expiring contract to shop around with in trades. And if we can't trade him his contract expires at the same time as Kevin Durant's ;)/> Plus I think, given the contract of Lee, we might be able to get more than just him for Afflalo.

I'm still not sold on the idea but thinking about more than just "we'd be paying him $15 million to not play defense" has kind of made me feel like I'd be ok with it.

Also made me double look as well. Before I was like ah, no. But I think other factors could sway something. But, I still think it was a load of **** made up by a Bay Area reporter who thinks his team can get the world for Lee, no *****ing way!