Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Cheap replacement to Etwaun Moore. A rental for a year who can combo guard off the bench. Has the ability to regain his form and become a trade asset for us. Also provides long range shooting (last year was poor for him, historically, he is very good though), which is something I believe everyone was screaming that we needed.

But it seems like a lot of people will still complain about "tanking" even though we actually did upgrade our reserves with Green>Price and Gordon>Moore.

Furthermore we have to believe Victor is a starter now, which means he is expected to give us 16-18ppg in replacement of Afflalo.

We also have a young stud PG who should be better than an old, oft injured Jameer right?

On top of that we can run a 2 guard backcourt lineup with Vic and Fournier which may prove rather difficult to defend.

Just trying to see how the team is in worse shape than last year and I can not.

I don't get all the panic over Ben Gordon. It's essentially a 1 year deal and last year was a wash for him and he's still only 31 (pretty much makes him elderly on this team though) and maybe he can teach some people on this team how to shoot. I remember wanting Gordon so bad 5 years ago lol

But doesnt someone have to "WANT" Ben in order to get a trade... or is it the whole numbers thing.

Hence 2 year.with a second year not guaranteed. Give him one year to showcase whether his ethics are valued to extend his career or drop him the next year. its a gamble without major repercussions RIGHT OTIS?

I don't get all the panic over Ben Gordon. It's essentially a 1 year deal and last year was a wash for him and he's still only 31 (pretty much makes him elderly on this team though) and maybe he can teach some people on this team how to shoot. I remember wanting Gordon so bad 5 years ago lol

What happens when Rob makes a move -

Stage 1 - message board meltdown. "WHY WHY WHY I DONT UNDERSTAND IT, WHO IS TOBIAS HARRIS?????"

Stage 2 - Hot seat predictions - "HE WILL BE FIRED FOR THIS!! THE TEAM WILL SUCK FOREVER.I DONT KNOW MUCH BUT I KNOW MORE THAN THIS IDIOT GM".

Stage 3 - Watching the players actually play - "WOW HARRIS IS REALLY GOOD!!"

Stage 4 - Apology - "LOL, SORRY ROB I REALLY LIKE THIS TRADE NOW"

Stage 5 - Faith - "I BELIEVE IN HENNY!!!!!!"

Now start again at stage 1.

• Upvote 1

There are a few reasons to sign a player like Gordon:

1. He provides a veteran presence on and off court to help mentor the young players.

2. In the right situation he should still be able to give us some scoring off the bench.

3. We might need to add some salary to make the minimum amount we have to spend [?]. It also is flexible and can be cut after next season.

4. It allows the young players to get major minutes and aides their development, instead of signing cap draining FAs that are 'overhyped' and likely to be 'overpaid' (eg Luol Deng et al).

Overall I'm fine with the addition. He can be a solid role player, gives us depth, and his deal is flexible so we don't have to keep him if things don't work out.

Cheap replacement to Etwaun Moore. A rental for a year who can combo guard off the bench. Has the ability to regain his form and become a trade asset for us. Also provides long range shooting (last year was poor for him, historically, he is very good though), which is something I believe everyone was screaming that we needed.

But it seems like a lot of people will still complain about "tanking" even though we actually did upgrade our reserves with Green>Price and Gordon>Moore.

Furthermore we have to believe Victor is a starter now, which means he is expected to give us 16-18ppg in replacement of Afflalo.

We also have a young stud PG who should be better than an old, oft injured Jameer right?

On top of that we can run a 2 guard backcourt lineup with Vic and Fournier which may prove rather difficult to defend.

Just trying to see how the team is in worse shape than last year and I can not.

You aren't trying hard enough, everything is BAD change brings pain.

What happens when Rob makes a move -

Stage 1 - message board meltdown. "WHY WHY WHY I DONT UNDERSTAND IT, WHO IS TOBIAS HARRIS?????"

Stage 2 - Hot seat predictions - "HE WILL BE FIRED FOR THIS!! THE TEAM WILL SUCK FOREVER.I DONT KNOW MUCH BUT I KNOW MORE THAN THIS IDIOT GM".

Stage 3 - Watching the players actually play - "WOW HARRIS IS REALLY GOOD!!"

Stage 4 - Apology - "LOL, SORRY ROB I REALLY LIKE THIS TRADE NOW"

Stage 5 - Faith - "I BELIEVE IN HENNY!!!!!!"

Now start again at stage 1.

While true, you know damn well that won't be the case with Ben Gordon.

Step 1 - Yes, same as usual.

Step 2 - This guy sucks.

Step 3 - Hooray we cut Gordon (or didn't renew). Thank God Henny structured the deal the way he did, Otis would've given BG the max prolly.

Step 4 - Lollerskates at these teams with bad contracts now because Henny *****ed with the market value.

Step 5 - I believe in Henny!