Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

Apparently we've structured Siva's deal so he'll be with us up to a certain point in preseason or whatever and then we'll waive him but, due to (maybe new?) rules we'll retain his rights and he'll play for the Bayhawks in the D League. Because he's clearly taking a pretty big pay cut staying in the D League as opposed to playing in Europe we've also structured his deal so he gets a decent amount of money from us.

In other news Osby signed for a French team, if I had to guess I'd say he got offered the same deal as Siva but opted instead for the more money.

Right now, I feel the Magic's roster depth is exponential. The Magic are stacked with potential 1st and 2nd tier talent. There is team balance of an inside/outside attack especially after the acquisition of shooters. Every raw piece is there for future contention.

We will not be dependent on a single player for each and every match. This will be a team effort rather than a player effort. There are no headaches, hobs, and slackers on this team. Over a span of two years, our beautiful Orena has been cleansed from memories that tipped both sides of the scale.

Now comes the new era of the willing.

As "his"...window closes, our's is quickly opening. Two years of tanking. We are some great fans. Still here. Still believing.

The NBA is in for a rude awakening. We are coming back brollbaby.gifby!smile_bigparty.gifsmile_sadcrab.gifsmile_band.gifsmile_cheers.gifsmile_pulpfiction.gif

• Upvote 1

As "his"...window closes, our's is quickly opening. Two years of tanking. We are some great fans. Still here. Still believing.

Most of us are long-time Magic fans, so we know this situation.

ridnour starting is a disaster it's a laughable scenario IF you are trying to win games

i think he is a good vet to have groom payton on running an offense. He is also a good shoot and can play pick and roll.

i think he is a good vet to have groom payton on running an offense. He is also a good shoot and can play pick and roll.

I agree but don't necessarily think he needs to start in order to mentor Payton.

ridnour starting is a disaster it's a laughable scenario IF you are trying to win games

That's pretty extreme. Especially if you use common sense and logic and understand that this would be extremely similar to when Skiles started over Penny initially, but relinquished the role.

If it helps Victor log more minutes at SG then Im all for it at first.

Also, we need to have camp happen before any of this stuff becomes clear. Fournier could demonstrate good ball skill and end up starting next to Dipo..or even, just possibly..Ben Gordon.

Ultimate scenario is Elfrid dominates camp and just starts the season as the guy, but its a lot to expect from a young rookie.

We're doing that? Someone forgot to send me the memo.

I agree but don't necessarily think he needs to start in order to mentor Payton.

i dont think LR starts. I think payton will start at some point during the season. If anyone starts at pg over payton, it would be vctor. LR would give vet leadership in practice like foyle did with d howard. He will also give us depth at the position; if injuries happen.

Former Magic guard E’Twaun Moore will sign a one-year deal with Olimpia Milano of Italy,Sportando’s Emiliano Carchia reports. Fellow Sportando scribe Enea Trapani reported last week that the club had interest. The value of the deal isn’t immediately clear.

The Magic decided against a qualifying offer for the 25-year-old, and it appears he didn’t generate enough interest from other NBA teams as an unrestricted free agent to keep him from going overseas. That’s somewhat surprising, given that Moore was a part of Orlando’s rotation the past two seasons, averaging 7.1 points in 20.7 minutes per game over the course of his time with the Magic. It’s possible that Olimpia Milano’s offer was especially lucrative, though that’s just my speculation.

Moore has experience in Italy, having played for Benetton Treviso during the 2011 lockout, as Carchia notes. The Mark Bartelstein client joins a group of several other notable NBA free agents who’ve found deals overseas this summer, as our Free Agent Tracker shows.