Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

2014 Free Agency Watch Thread

About Ben Gordon....

Wasn't the same said about Boris Diaw when he was in Charlotte? Now he's this great reserve on the Spurs.

Dynamically different situation at different positions.. Coach utilized him to his maximum effort.

Ben Gordon isn't he passer that is Boris Diaw nor the basketball intelligence. He's 6"3....size to play point guard..but never was that.

Wow !...Interesting....Let's Go UK !!!!

Don't know if this is sarcasm or not...but let me just tell you guys, I have literally been following Patrick Patterson since his junior year of high school...then 3 years of college and his time in the NBA. Solid, solid player. Will play for the team not himself, good rebounder, decent jumper and can stretch to hit the 3. Great locker room guy. Typically will make the smart decision on the floor.

I know I'm biased as a KY fan and I know Orlando has had the short straw on some of Cal's recent players but this is not one of those guys. This would be a fantastic pick up.

Here is a small taste of what he can bring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBpJaD0HmQg

Don't know if this is sarcasm or not...but let me just tell you guys, I have literally been following Patrick Patterson since his junior year of high school...then 3 years of college and his time in the NBA. Solid, solid player. Will play for the team not himself, good rebounder, decent jumper and can stretch to hit the 3. Great locker room guy. Typically will make the smart decision on the floor.

I know I'm biased as a KY fan and I know Orlando has had the short straw on some of Cal's recent players but this is not one of those guys. This would be a fantastic pick up.

Here is a small taste of what he can bring

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBpJaD0HmQg

It wasn't sarcasm. Junkie might be the biggest Kentucky homer on this forum.

It wasn't sarcasm. Junkie might be the biggest Kentucky homer on this forum.

Well that can be debated on another day haha :) I currently live in Lexington and kinda go crazy about anything concerning my Wildcats...

But in all honesty...this would still be a fantastic pick up.

Meh on Patterson, he'd be an upgrade over Nicholson but I don't want him eating into Aaron's minutes and development.

Yeah, and I think Tobias Harris can do 110% of what he does. If we grab another PF it should be a taller rim protector like Ed Davis. If we overpaid for Ben, I don't see why we couldn't overpay for Ed Davis for like 3 years with the last being team option (to make a run at Durant if necessary).

So let's get this right. We have

1 PG (rookie)

4 SG's

3 SF's

1 PF

3 C's

All but 2 of those players (Payton and Vuc) would play multiple positions

That's one weird, but flexible set up

That is not how I see it.

C Vuc, Dedmon, Maxiell

PF Gordan, Harris, Quinn

SF Harkless, Harris, Gordon, Fournier (Fournier is actually 6' 7" with shoes)

SG Oladipo, Fournier, Marble, Green

PG Payton, Oladipo,

I see Oladipo, Harris, Fournier and Gordon playing more than one position effectively.

Evan has stated that he was brought in to handle the ball some as well.

He was a playmaker in France.

Well that can be debated on another day haha :)/> I currently live in Lexington and kinda go crazy about anything concerning my Wildcats...

But in all honesty...this would still be a fantastic pick up.

TrueBlue, you just became 1 of my favorite posters....Grew up in Ashland....12 years....Until moving to Central Florida for majority of life....I'm still trying to teach these Magic fans how to be passionate about basketball, lol....Never forget going to games early in franchise history and half the building leaving with 5 minutes to go....Even when the score was tied !!!

Nah, there are passionate Magic fans....just the very few you hear from on this Forum.

Agree with everything you've said so far about getting Patterson....Amazing after reading the net about this is how many places I've read that consider Gordon a small forward.

Here's more from the net, OPP...

Patterson, 25, arrived in Toronto in December as part of the Rudy Gay trade with the Sacramento Kings. As a Dino, Patterson averaged 9.1 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 1.3 assists in 23.3 minutes. The Kentucky product shot 47.7 percent from the field and 41.1 percent on three-pointers.

The Magic are well stocked at power forward--they have Aaron Gordon, Tobias Harris, Jason Maxiell, Andrew Nicholson, and Kyle O'Quinn under contract--but Patterson would nonetheless add much-needed outside shooting to the club.

The Raptors have the right to match any offer Patterson signs with another team. It's unclear at which dollar amount they'd consider letting him leave.

It will be hard for the Raptors to keep Patterson because they just gave Lowery a boatload of money....Guess we'd have to dump Maxiell, Nicholson.....one or both.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2014/7/2/5866743/2014-nba-free-agents-patrick-patterson-rumors-orlando-magic-toronto-raptors

Yeah, and I think Tobias Harris can do 110% of what he does. If we grab another PF it should be a taller rim protector like Ed Davis. If we overpaid for Ben, I don't see why we couldn't overpay for Ed Davis for like 3 years with the last being team option (to make a run at Durant if necessary).

I agree with what you are saying, but I still feel that Harris is much better suited at the 3. I don't mind Patterson as a stretch 4 role player off the bench. I want no part in him starting though.

TrueBlue, you just became 1 of my favorite posters....Grew up in Ashland....12 years....Until moving to Central Florida for majority of life....I'm still trying to teach these Magic fans how to be passionate about basketball, lol....Never forget going to games early in franchise history and half the building leaving with 5 minutes to go....Even when the score was tied !!!

Nah, there are passionate Magic fans....just the very few you hear from on this Forum.

Agree with everything you've said so far about getting Patterson....Amazing after reading the net about this is how many places I've read that consider Gordon a small forward.

Here's more from the net, OPP...

Patterson, 25, arrived in Toronto in December as part of the Rudy Gay trade with the Sacramento Kings. As a Dino, Patterson averaged 9.1 points, 5.1 rebounds, and 1.3 assists in 23.3 minutes. The Kentucky product shot 47.7 percent from the field and 41.1 percent on three-pointers.

The Magic are well stocked at power forward--they have Aaron Gordon, Tobias Harris, Jason Maxiell, Andrew Nicholson, and Kyle O'Quinn under contract--but Patterson would nonetheless add much-needed outside shooting to the club.

The Raptors have the right to match any offer Patterson signs with another team. It's unclear at which dollar amount they'd consider letting him leave.

It will be hard for the Raptors to keep Patterson because they just gave Lowery a boatload of money....Guess we'd have to dump Maxiell, Nicholson.....one or both.

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2014/7/2/5866743/2014-nba-free-agents-patrick-patterson-rumors-orlando-magic-toronto-raptors

We still have until July, 10th to terminate Maxiell's contract, so I think he is high on our list to be waived. As previously said double P should be a nice addition. He knows his role perfectly. I can see him playing up to 20 minutes per game, without any complaint. And he's a mentor!