Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

The Official Trade Thread

Here is a typical Hoopsworld article:

Sources close to the situation say the Magic are more inclined to keep JJ and worry about it in the summer however if the right deal comes along the Magic could still move him.

Thanks for that breaking news bros.

Here is a typical Hoopsworld article:

Sources close to the situation say the Magic are more inclined to keep JJ and worry about it in the summer however if the right deal comes along the Magic could still move him.

Thanks for that breaking news bros.

Ok so Kyler knows Magic fans are desperate. So lets throw an article together to get hits!

The general lack of trade buzz around the entire NBA is weird. Maybe after the Dwightmare and Lebroner they have decided to not float things out every 10 seconds. Or maybe HWNSNBU needs more clients.

The Magic would be smart to sell high on JJ now. Even if he wants to stay, we will be investing too much money into him for a rebuilding team. I'd be kind of ticked if we let Anderson walk because he wasn't worth having money tied into but we re-sign JJ to a comfy deal.

The Magic would be smart to sell high on JJ now. Even if he wants to stay, we will be investing too much money into him for a rebuilding team. I'd be kind of ticked if we let Anderson walk because he wasn't worth having money tied into but we re-sign JJ to a comfy deal.

Agree with this.

The precedent set by Henny's handling of Anderson's situation suggests to me that we'll trade JJ. I'm sure he doesn't want to tie up $7-10m p.a. in an undersized 28-year old 2-guard during a rebuild. And so, let's consider the possibilities:

- You lowball him in the off-season (or don't make him an offer at all) and he takes bigger $$ elsewhere and walks. You get nothing for an asset.

- You trade him now for the best available offer

Either way you don't have Redick next season. One way you got some value back. With Anderson we took back a real lemon in Ayon, but it was something. With Redick we'll be able to get more, he's dead-set ready to help a contender make a push this season.

Any solid prospect or pick+expiring combination floated our way should be enough to get it done, and considering a bunch of contenders are all-in right now, I'm sure a few of them would part with a first. Even for a rental. A young draftee is useless to a team like that next season.

• Upvote 1

I would not believe any stories about not wanting to trade vets.....best way to drive up value is to look like you are disinterested.

If a good deal comes our way I have no doubts Henny will jump on it like BBD does on a sirloin steak.

• Upvote 1

The issue with trading Redick is the lack of a contender needing someone with his skillset with assets to offer. OKC maybe but that's even a bit of a weird fit.

The last two drafts have been considered weaker drafts which makes the pool of young talent players who you'd look at as a rebuilding piece shallow. I mean the case could be made that Nik is the 3rd or 4th best player from his draft class.

Unless a team has unprotected picks to offer, I just don't see a very deep trade pool.

Still not sure I see us taking a bad contract with the TPE and becoming a taxpayer.

Over the past few years, the going rate for a first round pick has been one terrible contract — the Warriors got Festus Ezeli for taking on Richard Jefferson, the Bobcats own a future first round pick from Detroit because they were cool with Ben Gordoning for a bit, the Cavs struck gold with Kyrie Irving after the Clippers surrendered an unprotected first round pick to get rid of Baron Davis, and so on.

These deals aren’t always available — don’t sit at home waiting for the Wizards to give you Bradley Beal just for paying Emeka Okafor next year — but they could be. By keeping their eye on the long-term benefits and not the short-term roster or books, the Magic could capitalize.

http://www.magicbask...ank/#more-14503