barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

I still think we'll win the 'ship this year. I'm also REALLY drunk...

Oh yea... no doubt.... With our current MVP in Quinn.. Man we are going to destroy Team USA.....

"Stop Talking Patron!"

_________________________________________________________________________________

Its been a long week... havent seen a Magic game in forever.... so today I get to catch up and watch the past 3 games.

So a hypothetical, and this is just spitballing, but if Harris continues to play this way the rest of the year, do you entertain the idea (if LA is willing to play ball) of like a Bledsoe/Butler for Harkless/Baby type deal.

You know LA won't pay both Bledsoe and Paul. It would be silly. And I'd think they'd rather deal him ala Harden rather than deal with trying to make it work.

Would it be too soon to start giving away prospects, even though Bledsoe himself is still young and improving?

Again, this is CLEARLY hypothetical, as Harris could fall back to earth, Harkless could play out of his mind, both could suck, Paul could get a career ending injury, etc.

So a hypothetical, and this is just spitballing, but if Harris continues to play this way the rest of the year, do you entertain the idea (if LA is willing to play ball) of like a Bledsoe/Butler for Harkless/Baby type deal.

You know LA won't pay both Bledsoe and Paul. It would be silly. And I'd think they'd rather deal him ala Harden rather than deal with trying to make it work.

Would it be too soon to start giving away prospects, even though Bledsoe himself is still young and improving?

Again, this is CLEARLY hypothetical, as Harris could fall back to earth, Harkless could play out of his mind, both could suck, Paul could get a career ending injury, etc.

If Harris plays this well consistently and Harkless really plateaus, yes. I've been really encouraged by Moe's growth this season though. Also, call me crazy.. but I'm not as in love with Bledsoe as some.

Not a terrible deal since it clears 2014 cap space, but I'm not convinced Bledsoe is the answer at pg. I rate Harkless' long term ceiling a lot higher.

Hmmm interesting proposition.

I would think this would really depend on our time frame of when we are "trying" to get back into the hunt for a championship. A move like this would signal that we are gunning for the hunt relatively soon with Bledsoe running the show. I dont like the Bulter part because he is injury prone and has never done anything meaningful except get injured during the worst times.... like the playoffs.... several times. So in this scenario, I think we are giving up too much production for what we would get back. Glen isnt a slouch and plays hard as anything, and Harkless being a young long SF with alot of upside wouldnt be equal to a good PG and on the way out Butler.

Now the inverse is this: If we didnt pull this move, then we still have a great shot at getting a Young PG. So really.... there are many paths to getting a good PG, which is why I believe we wouldnt pull the trigger.

We would only pull the trigger on something like this if we know we couldnt get said name player or players via the draft or FA.

Thoughts?

Interesting idea, JC. If we drafted Otto, this scenario would be especially interesting.

I don't think I am willing to give up Harkless for Bledsoe right now. Bledsoe seems like a fine player but I don't think he has the ceiling to match his upcoming salary. I like Harkless better as a prospect and I think we can find an equal or better PG through the draft this year as barnette suggested I believe.

Now if you could find a Bledsoe-type player with his contract/potential that plays the sg spot I would consider moving Harris/Mo if the right partner came up...perhaps Terrence Ross, Klay Thompson, maybe Evan Turner types of players. I doubt any of those teams would trade for Harris or Mo though.

Orlando Diving Deep on Analytics

Interesting article on some new focuses in our new front office. Nice to see we're finally headed in the right direction.

Its nice to see management finally making an effort at working to be good. Not blaming players, fools gold and we just didnt know he had other thoughts about playing in the NBA. Amazingly, the previous staff seemed more intent to hide our favorite player from other teams by not interviewing or trying out anyone and also interpreted toe analytics of the salary cap with a side walk chalk and crowns and chicken blood. Unfortunately we will pay for the years of backwards wizarding genious of those who came before for some time. I sure hope Henny's efforts pay off before the fans get tired of supporting 15 win seasons.