barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

Had to check my heart rate after seeing that Duhon has a double double.

Looking at that box score Dudu was the best piece in that trade.

Every time someone writes "Dudu" when referring to Chris Duhon, I mentally replace it with: "I can't wait to tell everyone how stupid I am."

And yet when they do write Dudu, you know exactly who they're referring to. Uhn I found to be more funny.

Upon hearing Orlando aquired a seven-foot tall "Goose", Duhon told his agent he was hoping to return to the Magic. :tongue:

• Upvote 1

And yet when they do write Dudu, you know exactly who they're referring to.

If a group of posters here started referring to you as Britches McGee for a long enough amount of time, eventually everyone would come to know who that name referred to: you.

That wouldn't make doing it funny, clever, or add anything to any conversation anywhere ever.

And calling you Britches McGee is substantially more clever than calling Chris Duhon Dudu.

If a group of posters here started referring to you as Britches McGee for a long enough amount of time, eventually everyone would come to know who that name referred to you.

That wouldn't make doing it funny, clever, or add anything to any conversation anywhere ever.

And calling you Britches McGee is substantially more clever than calling Chris Duhon Dudu.

Leave britches mcgee alone, dom.

• Upvote 2

Magic/Lakers Records as of today (Dec.10)

Magic 8-12

Lakers 9-12

Magic is currently in the 10th place in the Eastern Conference

Lakers are currently in the 11th place in the Western Conference :tongue:

Ohhhh. . .Dwight!!!!!!!! (smh) Remember, the grass is not always greener. . .

Go Magic!!!!!!!

• Upvote 3

I was just thinking, if Dwight decides he doesn't want to stay in LA after this year and with Nash and Pau always injured and both those guys (with Kobe as well) aging. Our pick(s? I don't remember) from LA may be better than imagined, I know there were some protections but still. Obviously that's a long shot but even with Howard they're not playing well at the moment.

I was just thinking, if Dwight decides he doesn't want to stay in LA after this year and with Nash and Pau always injured and both those guys (with Kobe as well) aging. Our pick(s? I don't remember) from LA may be better than imagined, I know there were some protections but still. Obviously that's a long shot but even with Howard they're not playing well at the moment.

that pick is 5 years away I think.

But there could be some hope. Gasol/Nash/Kobe are still locked in for next season. So they retool around Howard in 2015. If that doesn't work out then it's possible that 2017 pick be worth something (it's a 1st round pick)

I just want to add one thing to the "trade JJ" argument. There's something to be said about having a player play their career in one uniform. To other players, it means that team is stable and that ownership and management is loyal to their players (at least players that play hard for them). That doesn't mean they don't let people walk in the twilight of their careers, but still - loyalty means something, even in a business.

Case in point, when I say "Bulls," you probably think "Michael Jordan." Jazz = Karl Malone and John Stockton. Spurs = Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, David Robinson. Lakers = Kobe, Magic, Kareem. And so on.

The Magic have a reputation of losing guys right when they get good, or right when they hit their playing/winning prime; blowing up the team; having bad managers; and so it goes.

I like JJ and he plays hard for us. Like Jameer, there's payoffs for having a guy like that on your team that don't always fill out a stat sheet or the financial bottom line. At this point? I'd rather lose AA than JJ.

• Upvote 2

If a group of posters here started referring to you as Britches McGee for a long enough amount of time, eventually everyone would come to know who that name referred to: you.

I'm going to call Duhon "Bucky McButtface." Not because it makes sense, but just because I like alliteration.

Magic/Lakers Records as of today (Dec.10)

Magic 8-12

Lakers 9-12

Magic is currently in the 10th place in the Eastern Conference

Lakers are currently in the 11th place in the Western Conference :tongue:/>

Ohhhh. . .Dwight!!!!!!!! (smh) Remember, the grass is not always greener. . .

Go Magic!!!!!!!

So do we still get an F for the summer trades and the Lakers get an A like all those ESPN guys said? What's the average age of our players again? What's our salary cap situation again?

I just want to add one thing to the "trade JJ" argument. There's something to be said about having a player play their career in one uniform. To other players, it means that team is stable and that ownership and management is loyal to their players (at least players that play hard for them). That doesn't mean they don't let people walk in the twilight of their careers, but still - loyalty means something, even in a business.

Case in point, when I say "Bulls," you probably think "Michael Jordan." Jazz = Karl Malone and John Stockton. Spurs = Tim Duncan, Tony Parker, David Robinson. Lakers = Kobe, Magic, Kareem. And so on.

The Magic have a reputation of losing guys right when they get good, or right when they hit their playing/winning prime; blowing up the team; having bad managers; and so it goes.

I like JJ and he plays hard for us. Like Jameer, there's payoffs for having a guy like that on your team that don't always fill out a stat sheet or the financial bottom line. At this point? I'd rather lose AA than JJ.

JJ has far more value to other teams than Afflalo