barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

Sooooo, the trade is looking much better now?? I'll take what we have now over no knees or the maxed out cutie pie that can't rebound.

I would say, outside of the rumored (and never verified) Rockets trade, we probably did the best we could. 'Ole Brokenfoot would have been okay with the right pieces around him (to cover his rebounding deficiency), but when the Nets maxed him out? No.

And Bynum's knees and, probably more important, his mental state...

Yeah, let's rebuild through drafts, trade, and free agency on our terms, thanks.

Royce White is a nut case. Terrence Jones doesn't play. Jeremy Lamb isn't very good.

I'll take our rookies over theirs. However, Chandler Parsons would've been fantastic to grab.

The TPE should be used to take back a bad deal/worn out welcome player attached with a lotto pick.

I don't expect us to be players in free agency for a year or two anyhow, so a short bad deal won't hurt us.

Like hypothetically speaking, by the deadline the Bulls are heading towards the lotto for sure. TPE for Boozer + their pick (and maybe even that CHA pick hey nowwww) will save them money instead of just amnestying Boozer.

I can live with his deal as the next 2 free agent classes don't do much for me.

If that's too extreme for you, then the TPE for Tyrus Thomas + a pick.

Charlie V/pick. Etc.

You get the point however.

The TPE should be used to take back a bad deal/worn out welcome player attached with a lotto pick.

I don't expect us to be players in free agency for a year or two anyhow, so a short bad deal won't hurt us.

Like hypothetically speaking, by the deadline the Bulls are heading towards the lotto for sure. TPE for Boozer + their pick (and maybe even that CHA pick hey nowwww) will save them money instead of just amnestying Boozer.

I can live with his deal as the next 2 free agent classes don't do much for me.

If that's too extreme for you, then the TPE for Tyrus Thomas + a pick.

Charlie V/pick. Etc.

You get the point however.

I agree to a point, but we don't want to sign someone too good, or they'll throw off our lottery chances (but put us in the situation where we aren't good enough to make/do anything in the playoffs). Boozer is kind of like that, in my book. Not great, but he'll win a few games for you on hustle and then evaporate in the playoffs.

I agree to a point, but we don't want to sign someone too good, or they'll throw off our lottery chances (but put us in the situation where we aren't good enough to make/do anything in the playoffs). Boozer is kind of like that, in my book. Not great, but he'll win a few games for you on hustle and then evaporate in the playoffs.

Agreed, Drew Gooden and the Bucks 1st wouldn't be bad. Maybe not lotto but certainly it will be top 20.

EDIT: And I think we'd still have a fair bit of the TPE to play with after that wouldn't we? Could take on one of the guys listed above as well... Although I'd rather not Boozer.

Sooooo, the trade is looking much better now?? I'll take what we have now over no knees or the maxed out cutie pie that can't rebound.

Same.... Those who mocked us havent said crap since.

Can anyone give a little info on Moore? He seems to be an offensive minded undersized SG who plays point. How is his defense? As much as I try to watch games its hard to watch them online without league pass.