barnettej

2012 Orlando Magic Regular Season Thread

I think he was talking about heat like in temperature, or would have capitalized the "H" like in Miami Heat. If he does think we could beat the Miami Heat in a series then I need some of what he's smokin'... preferably before the weekend :D

lovvvvvvvvve youuuuuuu.

40 wins.

Somehow a 40 win team can beat the Heat in a 7 game series. And that's assuming the Magic are a 40 win team which is a pretty damn big assumption.

al harrington ‏@cheddahcheese7

The report that I'm considering Retirement is completely False and has absolutely no Truth to the article that's being circulated! #backsoon

Glen Davis and JJ Redick destroyed the Wolves....... It was a straight inside out clinic.

The Magic defense is some serious business.

Great Game Fellas

• Upvote 1

To show how well this team has been passing this season, there's 2 different stats I want to throw out there (all courtesy to the great Basketball-Reference.com)

1st - This year the Magic already have 9 games with 25+ assists, with a total of 24 games played, or 37.5% of the games. Last year they had 13 of those games total, or 16% of the total games.

2nd - This year, there has been 3 games with 30+ assists, including tonight's game. That doesn't seem like much, except if you go back the 8 years prior with you know who, there were 8 games total with 30+ assists.

• Upvote 1

Serious question, when Hedo comes back, what's his role?

Starting him means taking time from Harkless = bad.

Putting him on bench means he takes touches away from JJ = worse.

What do you do with him?

He shouldn't be in our closing line-up. He isn't a good defender.

I really like our rotation right now and think we have 12 guys who can contribute on a nightly basis as Jones and McRoberts have shown when their number's been called. I just see Turkotrash as a wrench in that.

I think I read somewhere that Turk won't start over Hark as we're putting a greater emphasis on rookie development than we are on winning games. The article I read raised an interesting point however in that we could start to see the a sort of struggle between the vets on the team and the long term future of the team. Nobody wants to lose on purpose but next season in particular it really won't benefit us at all to finish about .500 and miss out on the premiere talent on offer in the draft.

To show how well this team has been passing this season, there's 2 different stats I want to throw out there (all courtesy to the great Basketball-Reference.com)

1st - This year the Magic already have 9 games with 25+ assists, with a total of 24 games played, or 37.5% of the games. Last year they had 13 of those games total, or 16% of the total games.

2nd - This year, there has been 3 games with 30+ assists, including tonight's game. That doesn't seem like much, except if you go back the 8 years prior with you know who, there were 8 games total with 30+ assists.

Nice post, I reposted it on the NBA General board on ESPN and gave you credit.

Nice post, I reposted it on the NBA General board on ESPN and gave you credit.

Cool, thanks. I decided to do some more digging. Here's what I've found out:

1. There's been 29 non-overtime games with 30+ assists by all teams this year. Only 2 of those games were losses.

2. The Spurs* and the Clippers have 4 such games. The Magic and Thunder are next, both tied with 3 games.

*- Plus another game in overtime.

** - The Jazz have 3 games also, but one of those was a triple overtime.