Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

The Dark Knight Rises

I assume that Nolan did that because most people wouldn't know that Robin's last name is Grayson. I understand your point though.

Yeah, I just think that him finding the cave would be fine for those people. Just like Bane's breaking Batman's back. The only people who got it were the Batfans, but everyone else could still enjoy the movie without catching that part.

Yeah, I just think that him finding the cave would be fine for those people. Just like Bane's breaking Batman's back. The only people who got it were the Batfans, but everyone else could still enjoy the movie without catching that part.

I also like how he hinted at Ra's' immortality without really going there.

• Upvote 1

Amazing movie. It really does make it one of the best trilogies ever....but The American Pie movies....kidding.

I loved how it was all tied down together. Agree that the beginning was a bit slow, but as a whole the movie works. I liked it better than the rest. Maybe I have to sit down and watch them all again....eventually, back to back to decide. But this movie was amazing.

The ending montage was just perfect.

With respects of him finding the batcave, wasn't there some GPS thing in the bag to guide him there?

I have to watch it again, this weekend, to just answer all my little questions.

I watched it in one of those new motion vibrating chairs that moves with the action. It was ok, but all the moving and vibrating took away from my ability to pay attention to all the details of the movie.

Amazing movie. It really does make it one of the best trilogies ever....but The American Pie movies....kidding.

I loved how it was all tied down together. Agree that the beginning was a bit slow, but as a whole the movie works. I liked it better than the rest. Maybe I have to sit down and watch them all again....eventually, back to back to decide. But this movie was amazing.

The ending montage was just perfect.

With respects of him finding the batcave, wasn't there some GPS thing in the bag to guide him there?

I have to watch it again, this weekend, to just answer all my little questions.

I watched it in one of those new motion vibrating chairs that moves with the action. It was ok, but all the moving and vibrating took away from my ability to pay attention to all the details of the movie.

Bruce wrote the coordinates on a piece of paper, which he put in the bag Blake picked up when he gave his name. There was also a propel line to swing into the cave. I am assuming there were further instructions in the bag, as well.

Loved the finale of the trilogy. I didnt leave the theater with quite the same feeling of "ZOMG THAT WAS EPIC" as I did with the Dark Knight, but it still rocked my world. Enjoyed the ending sequence very much.

P.S. I really hoped that Blake's legal name would be "Mr. Grayson" rather than "Robin" but, I understand that this is a different universe, and he is not meant to be a sidekick.

I was half-expecting that to be the "real name" she was referring to, but I'm sure Nolan understands that 60-70% of the audiences viewing TDKR wouldn't recognize that name.

I was half-expecting that to be the "real name" she was referring to, but I'm sure Nolan understands that 60-70% of the audiences viewing TDKR wouldn't recognize that name.

I already made this point. Quit riding my coattails TITY and contribute something unique.

I already made this point. Quit riding my coattails TITY and contribute something unique.

Yeah, but I posted mine on page 3. No one even cares to remember page 2 anymore.

And you've been riding my coattails for 6 years, you hack.

• Upvote 1

Did any of you guys see the cover of Entertainment Weekly that was on newstands the weekend of the premiere? EW is a weekly magazine, and this was printed and distributed BEFORE that fateful night. You know the editors of the magazines and their parent company were smacking their foreheads for that one.

entertainment-weekly-july-20-2012-batmans-killer-finale.jpg