Sign in to follow this  
nbr

Jameer

My grandma can shoot over Jameer and can see the floor better.

Between this and "Shameer Nelson", I'm convinced you're an alt account troll, because there's no other explanation.

You can come out from behind the curtain now, Jareth.

My grandma can shoot over Jameer and can see the floor better. By not completely blowing this team up we will be a 9 to 13 pick in the draft with Jameer here instead of landing potentially a Top 5 pick. I want to be able to start a Cody Zeller thread. He is supposed to be the best of the Zellers. Also, Nerlens Noel and Shabazz Muhammad are not too bad either. I have heard Muhammad my go on a mission or something but those are three guys I would like to target early. We need a D12 replacement or some solid wing scoring. Keeing Jameer and not unloading all this other dead weight we have will not put is in the Top 3-5 unless we get lucky and win the lottery for the third time.

I really think Nicholson will be a nice piece to the puzzle to add with a high draft pick next year barring his committment to defense and getting stronger. His footwork and shooting touch are way ahead of schedule. Love the upside with. Too bad Jameer wont be able to find him much like D12. How about that assist to turnover ratio.

It's interesting to me that you spend 2 paragraphs bashing Jameer but apparently you think he's good enough to drag an otherwise weak/inexperienced roster to the verge of a playoff berth. I, on the other hand, really like Jameer and I'm confident there's no way this team sniffs 40 wins.

I really should have taken my own advice and avoided this thread.

Between this and "Shameer Nelson", I'm convinced you're an alt account troll, because there's no other explanation.

You can come out from behind the curtain now, Jareth.

I am not an account troll. Just Magic realist. Jameer=old regime. If you are going to blow up the team. Blow it up all the way. That means all captains go. I just dont see how this $8 million of loyalty and leadership is in the best interest of this team for the long run. I believe Jameer JJ Hedo Nicholson and some center can probably win enough games to not get us in the playoffs but still blow us from getting a good draft pick unless we get lucky with the lottery. We may still add other pieces as well. We will probably end up in never never land in the lottery just missing out on best talent. Yes we are rebuilding now but the mid term and long term thoughts should be championship or bust. Jameer is not a championship team STARTING PG. Sorry. The fact that Duhon backs him up is even more disgusting. Jameer is a great guy, has made his living, had some amazing games, but it was time to move on and we didn't. Shame on Henny and the Magic. This team was arguably a better PG away from getting over the top. He couldn't beat Billips and Stuckey in Det series. He couldn't beat Rondo and Boston. He couldnt beat Atl when it supposed to be our time. We had pretty good matchups at the other positions during our playoff runs outside this year. Enough to make it to the finals probably more than once considering our overall record in the Van Gundy era. All the other teams with top records during that period(Bos, LA, Spurs ) all won titles. Now we are more than PG away and still havent addressed the PG position. We even tried for Arenas to be our savior causing a Jameer dilemna. Everyone was calling for CP3 and D Williams to come here before when it looked like Dwight was still in the mold because they knew deep down PG was issue. Now that Dwight is out, it is like that realization never happened and Jameer is the coolest guy ever.

Look if you want a lovable and hard working guy to be the face of Heart & Hustle 2 until we land another elite franchise player and get back to making playoff runs, then Jameer is your guy. I get that and that is what many people on here in the pain from Dwight are maybe looking for in him. Heck, Magic need him because he will at least put all you Jameer lovers in the stands the next few years. Great PR move if you think about on the Magic part especially if they start taking heat for having a brand new arena that is now half empty for game. But once we get back to being a contender, this issue will surface again if he is around and that is when this has to finally end. I hope Jameer will prove me wrong but unfortunately he may not get enough talent around him to have a real shot to show that he became a better PG. Hopefully Henny can work things faster than what most people think it will actually take to rebuild. We shall see.

• Upvote 1

I am not an account troll. Just Magic realist. Jameer=old regime. If you are going to blow up the team. Blow it up all the way. That means all captains go. I just dont see how this $8 million of loyalty and leadership is in the best interest of this team for the long run. I believe Jameer JJ Hedo Nicholson and some center can probably win enough games to not get us in the playoffs but still blow us from getting a good draft pick unless we get lucky with the lottery. We may still add other pieces as well. We will probably end up in never never land in the lottery just missing out on best talent. Yes we are rebuilding now but the mid term and long term thoughts should be championship or bust. Jameer is not a championship team STARTING PG. Sorry. The fact that Duhon backs him up is even more disgusting. Jameer is a great guy, has made his living, had some amazing games, but it was time to move on and we didn't. Shame on Henny and the Magic. This team was arguably a better PG away from getting over the top. He couldn't beat Billips and Stuckey in Det series. He couldn't beat Rondo and Boston. He couldnt beat Atl when it supposed to be our time. We had pretty good matchups at the other positions during our playoff runs outside this year. Enough to make it to the finals probably more than once considering our overall record in the Van Gundy era. All the other teams with top records during that period(Bos, LA, Spurs ) all won titles. Now we are more than PG away and still havent addressed the PG position. We even tried for Arenas to be our savior causing a Jameer dilemna. Everyone was calling for CP3 and D Williams to come here before when it looked like Dwight was still in the mold because they knew deep down PG was issue. Now that Dwight is out, it is like that realization never happened and Jameer is the coolest guy ever.

Look if you want a lovable and hard working guy to be the face of Heart & Hustle 2 until we land another elite franchise player and get back to making playoff runs, then Jameer is your guy. I get that and that is what many people on here in the pain from Dwight are maybe looking for in him. Heck, Magic need him because he will at least put all you Jameer lovers in the stands the next few years. Great PR move if you think about on the Magic part especially if they start taking heat for having a brand new arena that is now half empty for game. But once we get back to being a contender, this issue will surface again if he is around and that is when this has to finally end. I hope Jameer will prove me wrong but unfortunately he may not get enough talent around him to have a real shot to show that he became a better PG. Hopefully Henny can work things faster than what most people think it will actually take to rebuild. We shall see.

Who cares if Jameer is a championship point guard at this point? There's no way the Magic are going to be a championship contender in 2 years if the Howard trade goes through! In a couple of years Jameer is going to be on the verge of retirement. There's several reasons why this move makes sense...and you actually provided a couple of them. He will provide leadership to what will probably be a young roster. He probably will help with attendance a little bit. We aren't going to be going after any major free agents in the next two summers so his contract doesn't hurt us in that regard. Furthermore, if we dump all of these bad contracts like its being rumored in the Dwight thread, we may actually need Nelson's contract to meet the minimum salary requirements for CBA purposes.

I really have no idea what you are complaining about. It seems like you major concern is whether or not Jameer is a championship caliber point guard when clearly that point is irrelevant.

• Upvote 2

I wanted Orlando to resign Jameer as there was no chance any quality PG's would want to come to Orlando in free agency and I certainly don't want to see Duhon starting and some D-league PG coming off the bench.

3yr/25 million is a phantom market competition signing though. No one else was going to offer Jameer anywhere close to 3yr/25mil. When it comes to salary cap, we don't need to be paying people for being our buddies. This signing was very Otis-like.

3yr/25 million is a phantom market competition signing though. This signing was very Otis-like.

Worse than Otis actually.

But whatever. I'm happy that he'll be here to mentor the young guns.

the fact that jameer can't play defense is actually good for us now... we will lose more games...

his professionalism and leadership is why he's here....

but seriously... was there even a team out there that was going to pay him 7 mil a year?

if not, why didnt we sign him for even 7 mil?

Again, the reason why he was signed for a higher contract is because once Dwight and our other bad contracts are traded away the Magic will need his contract to hit the salary floor.

Again, the reason why he was signed for a higher contract is because once Dwight and our other bad contracts are traded away the Magic will need his contract to hit the salary floor.

That makes no sense.

Then why bother insisting on shedding contracts packaged with Dwight,? Those teams (Houston) would want that cap space to put a convincing supporting cast around Dwight. They would give up more assets like picks/rookies etc in exchange for taking on less bad contracts packaged. Orlando's not getting every asset that would be valuable from Houston: Lamb, Parsons, Jones, White, Raptors 2013 pick, 2013 pick, 2015 pick. The more Orlando demands Houston to take in bad contracts, the less assets Houston will be willing to give up.

Signing any one player to a higher contract than necessary to stay above the salary floor is never smart. Get more free agents who are still only paid what they're worth then. That makes a team with assets who can be traded down the road, even if just for a trade exception. Teams who overpay players are stuck with them. They can't be moved, and their teams perpetually stay bad as long as they do so.