Sign in to follow this  
nbr

Jameer

At a time where our franchise superstar has turned his back on this franchise, (seeking an easier path to glory) his once upon a time partner in crime who he did throw under a bus recommited to this franchise and it shouldn't go unnoticed!

ORLANDO – In Jameer Nelson’s eyes, NBA players are either leaders or they are followers. And the role of being a team captain for the Orlando Magic is one that he takes quite seriously and never considers it to be merely a part-time gig.

So with Nelson back on board with the Magic after officially signing his contract and passing a physical on Monday, the veteran point guard is anxious to resume his leadership duties for new-look team.

Nelson and the Magic will be playing for a new head coach and staff, and the squad could be filled with young players in need of direction. None of that matters to Nelson, who said he will look to lead the Magic in the future just as he had in the past when shared the captain role with Dwight Howard and the team was composed of mostly veteran players.

Props to you Jameer Nelson

nelson00_300_070512.jpg

• Upvote 11

I love Jameer and am glad he's back leading our team. If we do make that trade to the Rockets those rookies are going to need some veteran leadership and I can't think of anyone better than Jameer to fill that role.

• Upvote 2

Finally some good news for Magic fans. Jameer's leadership will go along way regardless of what the new squad looks like. It's funny because when we drafted them, Jameer was the bad boy with all the tattoos and Dwight was the humble charismatic Christian. My how things have changed! I'm glad to have to back Jameer.

• Upvote 2

I, for one, am thrilled with keeping Jameer and JJ. It's good to have two mainstays who are FIGHTERS and are GUARANTEED to give their ALL for this team.

No more co-captains. We have one captain: MIGHTY MOUSE!

:tongue:

• Upvote 1

Me & my Girlfriend are about to have our 2nd baby boy & she actually is considering calling him Jameer!!

My oldest son is 7 & Jameer is his favourite player. We was discussing names and he came out with Jameer & the missus actually likes it.

I looked it up on the internet & it means HANDSOME, CAPABLE & TRUSTWORTHY.

My preference is something else but as it stands we shall see.

Glad he resigned. Go Magic!

At a time where our franchise superstar has turned his back on this franchise, (seeking an easier path to glory) his once upon a time partner in crime who he did throw under a bus recommited to this franchise and it shouldn't go unnoticed!

Props to you Jameer Nelson

nelson00_300_070512.jpg

Nelson displays what real leadership means. Even through Jameers toughest times during the summer of 2007 ( His Father passing and how ) he played his heart out for the team that same year 07-08 (46%FG - 41%3PFG - 3.5 REB - 5.6 AST - 2 TO).

The following year Nelson was named an All Star:

"Jan. 30, 2009

PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - Former A-10 standouts and Associated Press National Players of the Year Jameer Nelson of Saint Joseph's and Xavier's David West have been named to the NBA All-Star team and will square off Feb. 15 in Phoenix, Ariz. It marks Nelson's first All-Star selection, while West earns his second straight honor"

Jameer Nelson and David West Named NBA All Stars

Im glad he stayed with the team to help the younger guys become the next leaders and win us a championship.

After all the shenanigans going on of players coming and going and not wanting to be here and we get stuck with him. This is the only move I have disagreed with Henningan on. I love Jameer but he is not a starter in this league. Lack of production from the point guard spot is why this whole franchise is in the crapper right now. It is not just Jameer alone. It is Duhoh, Arenas, etc..you name it...garbage...Alston was the best PG we had since Penny.

I love Jameer but he is not a starter in this league.

wrong

Lack of production from the point guard spot is why this whole franchise is in the crapper right now.

wrong

Alston was the best PG we had since Penny.

aaaannnnnd wrong

• Upvote 5