Live or Die Magic

2012 MAGIC Offseason Thread

Oh definitely, I think that goes without saying. My point is, there's really no reason to "upgrade" the back up PG position (unless we somehow find our PG of the future this year) and waste more money when the goal is to suck while grooming our rookies. That is the one thing Duhon can do well and consistently. It's painful, but necessary I think.

I think you're missing the point that anything is an upgrade. Dirt is an upgrade. My left nut is an upgrade. So is a rookie and I'd rather watch a rookie try to get better than Duhon taint my colors for another season.

I don't want Duhon playing, even if we tank. He is that pitiful and that big of a disgrace to this franchise.

He does play a mean air guitar though.

What are the chances that we sign Malik Wayns?

Updated Orlando salary forecast

so Jameer is the $25m man and not the $19m man. People are going to love that, non-guaranteed or not.

wait what? so did the deal get upped at the last minute? is there somewhere legit reporting this? seems like hoopsworld may have just taken his last year of his previous contract and pasted it out for a couple more years.

yah, that's just wrong... 25mil/3yrs?

wtf is hennigon doing... and what is felton getting? 3 years 9 mil...

he messes this d12 trade up, i am gone for real

Welcome to my frustrations. There were way to many PGs on the market to pay Nelson anywhere close to what we did. Now that players are starting to sign you are seeing the "Who will sign for less players".

I like Nelson but as a backup only and certaintly not that price- hopefully the 3rd year is a small buyout like $1M an then his contract is no big deal as we will have another good expiring deal next year.

I realize this doesn't always make sense from a financial/salary cap perspective, but for the next couple of seasons, until whatever young players we get in the Howard trade have had time to develop and flourish, Nelson is the face of the franchise. He is the leader in the locker room, and will have the ball in his hands. If the details of his contract are true, then I'll agree it is above market, in comparison to other recent point guard deals. But Nelson is worth more to us than he is to any other team in the league. Also, now that he is likely to be the focal point offensively, early on, he actually may put up numbers that justify that contract.

I appreciate your optimism, LOD, I still hope those numbers are false though. He could've been had for half that amount or face being out of the league imo.

If Henny's first move was re-signing a middle of the road 30-year old point guard for twice his value, I'll be on the verge of throwing my hands up.