Live or Die Magic

The Dwight Howard Drama Unfolds

And they were above .500 in the West. They missed the playoffs by 2 games. They didn't really suck.

You are right. They were mediocre. which is worse than sucking in sports...we are setting ourselves up for Shabazz.....

Quick reality check and honest question: if these Houston players are so badass, why did the Rockets suck? Injury? Coaching?

3 of the guys we are getting were not even on the team last year.

wow

If this trade goes down, this has to be the best compensation a team has gotten from a superstar.

and, I think it's hilarious we are basically giving them our starting 5 from last season.

Have two teams ever just said, what the hell, lets just trade teams?

If Dwight truly is 100% out the door and Houston deal is 90% as advertised this deal should have been done yesterday..... I hope this is the way we go, I'm more excited to see some heart and hustle than any borderline playoff team (which we will be with Bynum).

See New Orleans from last season. The sucked but were fun to watch because they competed every game.

It's nice to see most people are happy with this trade since it has been discussed for over a week now while the Nets smokescreen was brewing and everyone was melting down.

It's not done yet though.

what else is there to discuss?

No Shaq, No Dwight, Still Magic......

Cam across a great little blog (Fran Blinbury) from NBA.com dealing with our current and past situations of major players leaving the Magic with some bites from Pat Williams.

“It won’t be nearly as big a blow,” said Williams. “Not really. This town has grown so much since then. We had 55 million visitors last year. That’s never happened before in an American city. I think Orlando can stand on its own. It’s a major, major market now.

“So is there sense of dismissal, that we’re ‘a dried up pond,’ as Shaq called it? No. No.

No Shaq, No Dwight, Still Magic

what else is there to discuss?

I think Houston still has to offer Lin and Asik and wait for them to be matched. Also I assume not everyone will be in this trade but it is probably figuring out contracts and the like.

Also just to add this and I could be on an island here but Turk's contract is pretty valuable at the deadline or over next summer so if we had to keep him it is not big deal.

I think Houston still has to offer Lin and Asik and wait for them to be matched. Also I assume not everyone will be in this trade but it is probably figuring out contracts and the like.

Also just to add this and I could be on an island here but Turk's contract is pretty valuable at the deadline or over next summer so if we had to keep him it is not big deal.

Exactly. Henny wants to get a big contract to unload it at the deadline (we can include 3 mil cash) which means he can be paired with a young asset to land us a proven player (gay, iggy)...Henny is smart unlike Otis

If dwight decides to come out and make a statement apologizing. Will you trust him? Don't you think this will be coming directly fromFegan?

I just dont care for his statements anymore.

Unless, of course, he fires HWNSNBU.

I'd rather see his parents come out and say "Dwight has been acting like an Ass! We apologize for the behavior of our son and we have told him to get his sh*t together"