Marc Acres 3:16

The SVG Appreciation Thread

It's upsetting that the casual fan will never truly understand how good of a coach Stan really was/is. To them, all they're going to remember is that he was fired twice.

:svgsad:

And the casual fan is just as his/her namesake implies: a casual, fair-weather idiot.

If you thought our defense was a twenty foot wall of earwax now, wait till next year.

And...one last Stan Van Gundy sad...for good times...smile_svgsad.png

If you thought our defense was a twenty foot wall of earwax now, wait till next year.

And...one last Stan Van Gundy sad...for good times...smile_svgsad.png

If Dwight is back, our defense will be fine.

Thank you Stan for your hard work, effort, and Integrity. I respect your honesty, tell it like it is approach (even though it probably got you fired). Also please note I will not be posting in the Otis appreciation thread as I do not have anything nice to say considering his moves have severely crippled our flexibility and has made the new GM's job a lot tougher!

Thank you for everything Stan Van Gundy. Especially for:

- Holding all your players, franchise/star/role alike, accountable

- Saying it as it is

- gems like "Daivd Stern and his minions". :)

- Actually answering the questions during the interviews instead of beating around the bush.

- the '09 Finals run.

And most of all, thank you for being an honest/direct/no non-sense/genuine person and thank you for taking the mask off of people's face and showing us their real face (even if it cost you your job).

Best wishes and good luck!

Gianto.

• Upvote 3

Thanks Stan for being the our second best coach in Magic history (I consider Chuck Daly to be best.)

You consistently got the absolute most out of the rosters given to you.

I already miss him. I love sports but I rarely let them affect my overall mood. I'm genuinely sad to see Stan go.

• Upvote 5

JVG torches Alex... and its well deserved.... Millen 2.0

"Finally, this one is the biggest one to me, he said there that my brother is the finest X and O coach he's been around in his 25 years in the business," Jeff Van Gundy said. "OK, listen: all you have done in your 25 years in the business is release press releases and run the business side. You don't know if a ball is blown up or stuffed. You don't know if their pick and roll coverage on the side or high was right or wrong. Just say, 'I have no knowledge about basketball.' It's offensive when someone who has no knowledge about basketball -- even in the positive comments -- tries to sort of negate what [former Magic coaches] Brian Hill or Matt Guokas did as a coach. He doesn't know one thing about basketball so please hold off your comments on my brother's expertise since you know nothing about basketball."

http://www.cbssports...bout-basketball

JVG torches Alex... and its well deserved.... Millen 2.0

"Finally, this one is the biggest one to me, he said there that my brother is the finest X and O coach he's been around in his 25 years in the business," Jeff Van Gundy said. "OK, listen: all you have done in your 25 years in the business is release press releases and run the business side. You don't know if a ball is blown up or stuffed. You don't know if their pick and roll coverage on the side or high was right or wrong. Just say, 'I have no knowledge about basketball.' It's offensive when someone who has no knowledge about basketball -- even in the positive comments -- tries to sort of negate what [former Magic coaches] Brian Hill or Matt Guokas did as a coach. He doesn't know one thing about basketball so please hold off your comments on my brother's expertise since you know nothing about basketball."

http://www.cbssports...bout-basketball

ehh, most of it is him ranting about your typical corporate culture.

I do think it's unprofessional that Stan was fired via phone. The winningest coach in franchise history and you can't even have a face to face? for shame.

ehh, most of it is him ranting about your typical corporate culture.

I do think it's unprofessional that Stan was fired via phone. The winningest coach in franchise history and you can't even have a face to face? for shame.

I am really dissapointed that this is the way the firing was done. Think what you will about Stan, the guy is a good basketball coach, and did not deserve for it to go down this way. I am starting to wonder if Alex isnt a big part of the problem with what is taking place within the organization.

• Upvote 1

I am really dissapointed that this is the way the firing was done. Think what you will about Stan, the guy is a good basketball coach, and did not deserve for it to go down this way. I am starting to wonder if Alex isnt a big part of the problem with what is taking place within the organization.

Same here, I'm really going to watch how Alex works from this point forward. I swear I feel like I'm watching the 2000 Detroit Lions where they couldn't figure it out for a decade and then some.

Millien 2.0 right now is how I'm labeling Alex.

• Upvote 1