Marc Acres 3:16

The SVG Appreciation Thread

I'll go first here. Thanks for your entertaining press conferences, thanks for being the winningest coach in franchise history, and thanks for signing on here in spite of Otis trying his best to f-up his first coaching hire.

Oh and fair warning, if you have something negative to say about Stan, take it elsewhere. This is an appreciation thread, unlike other threads I will pay attention to moderating this one.

• Upvote 7

Oh Stan. I'll miss your candor. Your sideline interviews. I will miss your mustache and lack of tie. I will miss the way you spoke up for your guys and against league issues like the refs, playing on holidays, and when you took down Stern and Michael Wilbon.

If the first round was any indication every guy on this team fought for you. Best of luck in the future and when you lead the Clippers to the NBA title in the next 2 years I will applaud you.

Sincerely,

Drain-O

A part of me hopes this team is terrible for a long time just so some of the buffoons who call themselves fans will come to the realization of what they actually had here.

Good luck, Stan. You deserve better.

• Upvote 2

Stan will be missed, especially his epic press conferences. I can't recall ever being as interested in post game press conferences game to game as I was with Stan running the show.

He was put in a tough position with Otis feeding him some interesting choices to make up our favorite team, particularly these past two seasons, but I really think Stan is one of the best in terms of getting the most out of what he is given to work with.

I am truly sad, but I had accepted this fate several weeks ago. Still, its a sad day. Stan is the best coach this team has ever had, and I will always remember him as a hilarious, no-nonsense, straight shooter, and a man that cared passionately about winning.

A part of me hopes this team is terrible for a long time just so some of the buffoons who call themselves fans will come to the realization of what they actually had here.

Good luck, Stan. You deserve better.

I almost have to agree with you man. The idiots who wanted Stan gone are so completely misguided it's just sad. There isnt an available coach out there with SVGs qualifications.

Will miss the hell outta Stan, but he won't be out a job long. Wish him the best of luck.

SVG, please go to Charlotte....... Please. But im sure you will end up with the Clippers.

Thanks SVG for being the best Orlando Magic Coach so far in this franchises history. It was a blast listening to your blunt talk about some of our favorite topics and rants. It will be interesting to see where you land next. Great Job with Coaching this half talented roster.

-Erik Barnett

I have not posted here for a very long time but today I have to thank Stan Van Gundy (my fellow Braves fan) for some exciting games! He's is one of the most charismatic coaches in the game today. He raised the bar and dared the players to jumped over it. Those who did are better players because of Stan. Those who thumbed their noses at him...well you know who you are. He was dealt a screwed-up hand and he played it to the end. He never bluffed for one minute. Most coaches in his position would have crumbled under that kind of drama. We haven't seen the end of Stan - he will land on his feet somewhere and I look forward to seeing his next team excel.

I'll miss ya, Stan. Good luck to you and I will always pull for whatever team you're with. You deserve better than the current fiasco this organization is going through.