ball junkie

Are the Magic Championship contenders ???

I agree about not wanting to see the celtics in the playoffs, but I really believe that the Hawks are a mentally weak team. They are much more athletic team than us, but if in a playoff series, we get them down 2-0 and have a nice lead in game 3, they will more than likely mentally check out. So long as we keep our foot on their throat. We cannot do what we do against a lot of teams during the season and get out to a big lead and then just coast the rest of the game only to barely squeak out a win in the end.

We are a better team, we just need to develop that killer instinct and just finish teams when we have them on the ropes. I don't feel there are many guys on the team that would take pleasure in embarrassing an opposing team. It all goes back to us playing to the level or our opposition.

With that said, I think we make it to the ECF.

I honestly think that in the playoffs we will be pretty hard to beat on our home court. With the renewed energy our fans are going to bring now that Dwight has opted in, as well as the fact that it is the playoffs, the Amway Center will be rocking and rolling. I just don't see us losing many more games at home the rest of the way.

Stan and this team need to learn how to plan and beat Atlanta and Boston. We REALLY struggle against teams that can play us aggressively on the perimeter and single Dwight.

Stan and this team need to learn how to plan and beat Atlanta and Boston. We REALLY struggle against teams that can play us aggressively on the perimeter and single Dwight.

Boston I agree with. Dwight should be absolutely destroying the Hawks big men. If he does that we should be good. Our ball movement is just getting better and better. Especially with JJ in the starting lineup.

• Upvote 1

Boston I agree with. Dwight should be absolutely destroying the Hawks big men. If he does that we should be good. Our ball movement is just getting better and better. Especially with JJ in the starting lineup.

I really really feel this should continue. I cannot stress this enough. I doubt it happens, but I really do like the ball movement with him in the starting lineup.

• Upvote 2

This. Dwight needs to realize that it's on his shoulders in these match ups to force double teams or make them pay for single covering him. If he can't do that, then our chances drop drastically.

I really really feel this should continue. I cannot stress this enough. I doubt it happens, but I really do like the ball movement with him in the starting lineup.

I don't like saying it, because I actually really like Jason Richardson, but with him on the sideline we've been playing a lot better basketball. I think he should become the sixth man on this team. Before, I used to think JJ was perfectly suited for coming off the bench, but I've changed my mind. Start him Stan!

As far as whether or not we're a championship contender, I think we're a dark horse. If we get hot at the right time we could beat Miami or Chicago in a 7 game series. I realize you could say that if most teams "get hot at the right time", they could win. However, the difference is, we have Dwight Howard. When our shooters are shooting well, that makes us very difficult to beat.

Now that the whole Dwight drama is basically out of the way (for the time being at least), this team can really dig in and focus. Hopefully Jameer can keep up his great offense, but he probably won't. That's just Jameer. All-Star for a week or two, then a bum for the next week or two.

When that happens, our pick and roll game has to really be SHARP.