Babir_9

2012 Offseason

Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I'm pretty sure I never said anything about the Lakers making or not making mistakes. Secondly Duhon? What does he have to do with anything? I really dont get people like you who put words in peoples mouth and bring up irrelevant points. If you'd like to discuss the topic with a better approach please feel free to try again.

Thanks

It's not really THAT hard.

I pointed out your stupid way of arguing something by saying "X" doesn't make mistakes.

Clear enough?

because the LA Lakers are one of the best run franchises in the history of the league. They really don't make mistakes and when they do they know how to handle it. If the Lakers didn't hire Brian Shaw then clearly they saw something in him that was not fit to coach the best team in the NBA (one of).

You are right. If they saw something, we must all be aware.

It's not really THAT hard.

I pointed out your stupid way of arguing something by saying "X" doesn't make mistakes.

Clear enough?

Again please quote where I said the Lakers do/dont make mistakes.

Clear enough?

Who did the Lakers hire the first time Phil left? Rudy T! Then Phil came back to fix the train wreck. So pointing to Mike Brown (who really isn't as bad a coach as he's pinned as) over Brian Shaw isn't exactly a great argument.

And really, you have to take every "trade Dwight" analyst with a grain of salt. They've been saying it for over a year, they're not going to give it up now.

• Upvote 1

Im pretty sure YBR has conveyed much of what we hahve said to d12 already since like us he's a fan.....as others said, when he has new info he'll probably post it no need to keep hasseling the guy

Correct lol, a lot of the stuff I've brought up to him

Who did the Lakers hire the first time Phil left? Rudy T! Then Phil came back to fix the train wreck. So pointing to Mike Brown (who really isn't as bad a coach as he's pinned as) over Brian Shaw isn't exactly a great argument.

And really, you have to take every "trade Dwight" analyst with a grain of salt. They've been saying it for over a year, they're not going to give it up now.

Rudy T left because of health conditions. That has nothing to do with Phil coming back to fix anything.

Some other things to look at from Dwights POV.....

How many times has our F.O been "close" to getting him a second star? Chris Paul, Monta Ellis, and who else? from his POV it may be very frustrating that they can never close the deal, and settle for second/third tier trades

I was listening to ESPN710 here in socal today and S.A.S was on the radio w/Max and Marcellus(podcast is on the ESPN LA page) and he says L.A is all for moving Bynum for Dwight and there were serious talks. IMO Orlando won't do it til LA has Gasol in the trade.

Bynums maturity is scary but if he has his own team to lead maybe he will finally get it......but even on a team with Kobe Bryant, he can never seem to be fully motivated.

With each day that passes it becomes more obvious to me, Orlando will wait til their guys are out of the playoffs to make a move and on Dwight I really would like him to just talk 1 on 1 to RDV and tell him his issues and tell him how players perceive the F.O perhaps there is good reason why no solid veterans will sign with us at a good price.

my guess is we'll know by the draft and july 1st what's going to happen....franchise players don't grow on tree's Orlando better get their **** together

• Upvote 1

Some other things to look at from Dwights POV.....

How many times has our F.O been "close" to getting him a second star? Chris Paul, Monta Ellis, and who else? from his POV it may be very frustrating that they can never close the deal, and settle for second/third tier trades

I was listening to ESPN710 here in socal today and S.A.S was on the radio w/Max and Marcellus(podcast is on the ESPN LA page) and he says L.A is all for moving Bynum for Dwight and there were serious talks. IMO Orlando won't do it til LA has Gasol in the trade.

Bynums maturity is scary but if he has his own team to lead maybe he will finally get it......but even on a team with Kobe Bryant, he can never seem to be fully motivated.

With each day that passes it becomes more obvious to me, Orlando will wait til their guys are out of the playoffs to make a move and on Dwight I really would like him to just talk 1 on 1 to RDV and tell him his issues and tell him how players perceive the F.O perhaps there is good reason why no solid veterans will sign with us at a good price.

my guess is we'll know by the draft and july 1st what's going to happen....franchise players don't grow on tree's Orlando better get their **** together

Agreed, but we havent had a second tier trade yet....maybe a third tier best case scenario.

Also, the Lakers are absolutely trying to move Bynum. If I were them Id do the same. There is no way Id want to lock that guy up after next season to a long term max deal. Between his knees and maturity issues it is only a matter of time before the implosion occurs. They dont want a Grant Hill/Gilbert Arenas combo on their roster long term. That is a disaster waiting to happen. Injury history and horrible attitude just dont add up to long term deal regardless of talent. Let them find another taker for him. If Dwight leaves clear the roster, clear the management, maybe the coaching and collect draft picks and young talent. Nothing out there will get us to a championship in the next 4 years anyway if he leaves. Its better to start over and build it up a la OKC. As much as I think Bynum could be a great player he isnt worth the long term risk to our franchise.

AND LASTLY WHY HASNT OTIS BEEN FIRED YET? What are we waiting for? Ownership is a bunch of passive nice guys who are afraid to make decisions.

I'm in the "Keep Dwight" camp, as much as I like SVG. I just think a franchise can survive the loss of a good coach better than a once-in-a-decade Center. To make it worse, we've come up on the short-end of this one before and I can't even believe they're contemplating it again.

That said? If Dwight WON'T re-sign, it changes things. If he doesn't want to stay here, the Magic HAVE to pull the trigger on something. With that in mind, the Lakers trade is the only one currently on the table that makes any kind of sense.

You want to play against a motivated Dwight four times a year with Brooks-effing-Lopez anchoring the middle? Yeah: that'll be fun to watch. How did the Nets do with Lopez and Williams? Exactly.

At least a trade with the *****ing Lakers nets us the (arguably) second best center in the game, who's not a geriatric, IS a headcase (but come on: HE LIVES IN LA - who ISN'T crazy in LA?), and would still fit our system. Best of all, Dwight would be in another conference and we'd only have to see him twice a year.

So that's worst-case: Dwight stops teeter-tottering and decides he's leaving no matter what, we trade him to LA for Bynum and "stuff" (not our mascot....actually, yes: throw Stuff in there, too).

Hopefully, Dwight sees that Orlando will idolize him, that he's unique there; whereas in Brooklyn, he'll just be one more name in a long string of them.

I think Bynum's contract is up after next year too so trading Dwight for him accomplishes nothing.

The Nets and Rockets offers are beyond awful. Golden State's is probably worse.

Really, there's only one trade partner that makes any kind of sense and they're in our division and down 2-1.