Sign in to follow this  
Marc Acres 3:16

The Super Colossal Mega-Awesome 2013 Offseason Move (Insert Echo-Effect) Thread, Thread, Thread, Thread

Yeah if I'm remembering right, both VC and MP were expiring, we could have amnestied Shard, and still had Gortat as a good trade piece. That about sum up the mess we're in right now?

Man it would have been real nice to get J-Rich off the books for next season, that contract really blows. Glen Davis is at least young enough where there is a POSSIBILITY that his value increases enough where we can use him as a chip.

Before anyone starts it, there is no way we're getting Chris Paul away from LA next year.

I think our targets will be Josh Smith and Monta Ellis, although I would prefer Iguodala. I think the Magic will make a big push for Josh on draft night and if they are not successful then, throughout the season.

Remember we could use the STRETCH provision on JRich or Babies contract at the beginning of any basketball year. So we could try and trade one or both, and if that does not work out we could cut them and hit them with the stretch provision to free up cash. So in summer of 2013 JRich would have 2 years of 6 mil left. If we use the stretch it would be $2.4 mil on the books for 5 years. Not sure if we would do this...but we can if we had to sign the free agents we want.

Josh Smith is Dwight's best buddy. No doubt in my mind we go the hardest after him. Then would be Ellis/Iggy. CP3 is a pipedream, he isn't leaving LA. Could see us trying to sign Nash for cheap for 2 seasons too.

I'm not sure how a lineup with Smith at the 3 would work though, I could see us trying to trade Ryno for a PG or SF if we want to go after Ellis and Smith.

Nash-Ellis-Smith-Ryno-Dwight or Nash-Ellis-trade-Smith-Dwight

we can easily trade Jrich, worst case, we can stretch him

I peg Ryan at about 7 M per year.

Re-sign JJ

I sense another run at Chris Paul coming guys, I don't see him stayin in LA that team has alot of holes and is poorly coached. Blake Griffin is great, but he's NOT Dwight Howard great

Also factor this in, with the new rules, the 2nd tier stars will no longer get max deals unless it's from bad teams.

if Luke Walton can be traded, Hedo can be traded, once he's off our books we have BIG possibilities.

and my bold prediction, by 2013 DeAndre Liggins will be solidified as a solid starter, kid really impresses me, great quickness, length and explosion

We gotta worry about resigning Ryno first. I think teams may offer him ridiculous money so we match and hurt our future cap space (Nets and Hawks come to mind). The truth is if we want to preserve cap flexibility we have to be reasonable about what we pay Ryno this summer. The Dwight drama hurt in regards to Ryno, as we may have been able to extend him at a reasonable price.

A scenario I can see is we make a pact that we make a draft day deal for Jsmoove before he can leave the Hawks in FA, and in turn we don't match an offer they make for Ryno.

The Magic have an opportunity to grab a stud to pair with Dwight, just have to be smart and conservative this summer and be prepared to make moves at next years deadline. Jameer and JJ are solid players with expirings, and I think Hedo is expiring (can be bought out), that can be flipped for an upcoming free agent or clear cap space. Let Dwight and iggy/ellis/smoove "test free agency" and the Magic should have enough cap to sign another impact player and resign Dwight + iggy/smoove/ellis.

The possibilities make me optimistic and excited!

I would also like to see Justin Harper get some run in to see if we have a replacement for Ryno, just in case.