Sign in to follow this  
Marc Acres 3:16

The Super Colossal Mega-Awesome 2013 Offseason Move (Insert Echo-Effect) Thread, Thread, Thread, Thread

Ahhh yes, no time to bask in the glow of what has just happened, no sir not when we can look at what may happen (counts on fingers) a year from now! Let's cheer on the guys through this offseason AND dream up what could happen next year! Put your junk here!

Marc Acres 3:16 asked:

DoM, you Ron Swanson-esque man's man, I have a question for you:

I've read on Hoopshype that we have little committed salary after next season. I know their numbers are unreliable. How accurate is their representation of our CAP numbers?

Then I said:

Their numbers aren't quite right, but more or less.

We'll have Jrich, Davis and Qrich on contract. Qrich has a PO for that year, and there's 0 chance he opts out. Duhon is only guaranteed 1.5m that year, and will almost assuredly be waived.

Hedo is only half guaranteed that year, and he too will almost assuredly be waived.

It's worth noting, though, that the 2013 number doesn't include a potential salary for Dwight OR an extension for Ryan Anderson. If we assume that Dwight and Ryan combine for 28 million and another 6m for four future draft picks, that puts us right up to the CAP number with only 10 players on roster: Dwight, Ryan, Qrich, Jrich, BBD, Von Wafer and 4 rookies/sophomores

Marc Acres 3:16 asked:

DoM, you Ron Swanson-esque man's man, I have a question for you:

I've read on Hoopshype that we have little committed salary after next season. I know their numbers are unreliable. How accurate is their representation of our CAP numbers?

Then I said:

Their numbers aren't quite right, but more or less.

We'll have Jrich, Davis and Qrich on contract. Qrich has a PO for that year, and there's 0 chance he opts out. Duhon is only guaranteed 1.5m that year, and will almost assuredly be waived.

Hedo is only half guaranteed that year, and he too will almost assuredly be waived.

It's worth noting, though, that the 2013 number doesn't include a potential salary for Dwight OR an extension for Ryan Anderson. If we assume that Dwight and Ryan combine for 28 million and another 6m for four future draft picks, that puts us right up to the CAP number with only 10 players on roster: Dwight, Ryan, Qrich, Jrich, BBD, Von Wafer and 4 rookies/sophomores

Hey wait a second, something is wrong with that quote....

So basically we need to do what in order to make...ummm magic happen?

After much waffling I am opting back in and staying on the Magic bandwagon now that we have a new driver (Alex Martins).

Now if only had a time machine to go back and undo those 4 year deals to JRich and Big Baby....

After much waffling I am opting back in and staying on the Magic bandwagon now that we have a new driver (Alex Martins).

Now if only had a time machine to go back and undo those 4 year deals to JRich and Big Baby....

Or, you know.... That trade last December

• Upvote 1