Sign in to follow this  
Drain-O

The Official Stan Van Gundy Appreciation Thread

If Dwight keeps getting his way, our team is going to get worse and worse until he decides to leave anyway.

Stan Van Gundy does not deserve to be fired.

• Upvote 1

Completely agree. I just saw the quote that IBN posted and that pretty much sums things up for me. If the team cared half as much as Stan does we would have one the series against Atl last year. It turns my stomach to watch guys like Hedo play basketball.

peace stan!!!

seriously, he really must be the most overrated coach in the NBA. You heart SVG?!!?? how about hearting the Orlando Magic! He's a good coach, but get over your love affair.

The Orlando Magic will still win without Stan and Otis.... how well will we do without the most DOMINANT BIG MAN in the NBA.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Stan SHOULD get fired (especially because Dwight says so), but we don't know what is going on in practice, locker room or behind the scenes. Also, he can take us to the post season with 50 wins, but once there, his adjustments and rotations will be horrible and his stubbornness and ego will bury players on the bench, all this without any discipline and losing another 20 point lead... aren't you guys tired of seeing the same lousy rotations or adjustment every playoffs?

oh and the same **** next season.... just the same ole, same ole.... if he is sent packing with Otis, then this may be good for the team.

Who knows, maybe Dwight isn't the only one who feels this way..

don't mean to piss any stan lovers off, but I rather my team be happy, than the coach/es

• Downvote 16

The team is happy. It's just Dwight that's not happy. Stan has helped our younglings grow every year. Look at JJ and Ryno. There's a rhyme and reason to his decisions. I've come to see that now...

SVG's one of the better coaches in the league, for sure. To coach this team to its current record, with our roster and all the Dwight-drama? Amazing.

I hope that after all the dust has settled from that idiot backstabbing us that SVG is still here as our coach. Dude has been mad successful with what's been handed to him, and we've literally watched JJ and Ryno grow before our very eyes into two pretty great talents. No one player is worth that much. As someone said earlier, not even His Greatness, MJ Himself, could get his GM to not fire the coach. At some point we need to remember that Dwight is just a basketball player. An awesome one, no doubt, but only a basketball player.

I hope that after all the dust has settled from that idiot backstabbing us that SVG is still here as our coach. Dude has been mad successful with what's been handed to him, and we've literally watched JJ and Ryno grow before our very eyes into two pretty great talents. No one player is worth that much. As someone said earlier, not even His Greatness, MJ Himself, could get his GM to not fire the coach. At some point we need to remember that Dwight is just a basketball player. An awesome one, no doubt, but only a basketball player.

only a basketball player that fills the seats of our glorious stadium. only a basketball player that would make the Bobcats a contender and playoff team every season (no matter what coach). i understand the love of Stan, but some of you are giving him WAY TOO MUCH credit. JJ was and is a basketball talent from Duke (w/ coach K), Stan didn't "make" or "develop" him. His work ethic got him playing time... I think he would've done good whoever was coaching him in the NBA. Same with Ryan.... dude was balling in Jersey.

You guys are forgetting... people watch the Orlando Magic around the world because of Dwight and our TEAM, not because of the coaches.

I like Stan, but I like Dwight better. I agree he is immature and needs to button up, but that is a part of life. Stan needs to embrace his position and understand that his method and style of coaching needs to change if he wants to coach the best BIG MAN in the game.

and trade Jameer already. I feel like Stan is the reason we can't let go of the most inconsistent PG in the NBA...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 5

only a basketball player that fills the seats of our glorious stadium. only a basketball player that would make the Bobcats a contender and playoff team every season (no matter what coach). i understand the love of Stan, but some of you are giving him WAY TOO MUCH credit. JJ was and is a basketball talent from Duke (w/ coach K), Stan didn't "make" or "develop" him. His work ethic got him playing time... I think he would've done good whoever was coaching him in the NBA. Same with Ryan.... dude was balling in Jersey.

You guys are forgetting... people watch the Orlando Magic around the world because of Dwight and our TEAM, not because of the coaches.

I like Stan, but I like Dwight better. I agree he is immature and needs to button up, but that is a part of life. Stan needs to embrace his position and understand that his method and style of coaching needs to change if he wants to coach the best BIG MAN in the game.

and trade Jameer already. I feel like Stan is the reason we can't let go of the most inconsistent PG in the NBA...

Stan is the coach, not the GM. The GM makes the trades, and you do know that Jameer is Dwight's little buddy, right?

Stan is the coach, not the GM. The GM makes the trades, and you do know that Jameer is Dwight's little buddy, right?

Agreed, but the coach has plenty influence.

Jameer WAS Dwight's little buddy.... he wouldn't be ditching him if he still was. After the last couple of seasons, I think they grew apart a little.. where you been?