Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

Replace Dwight/Hedo with Bynum/Gasol, where do we rank?

Who would be the leader in that team? Gasol?

If Bynum is healthy enough, i see us as a 4th seed, 2nd round material. Also, Anderson's production would diminish.

The potential to do more damage in the playoffs would, once again, be on the shoulders of our lame backcourt. Bynum, Gasol, Anderson and Davis are more than good enough to compete with Heat/Bulls. Its the backcourt that will have to step up.

Hoping Jameer and Richardson can turn the clock back to 2008.

While I do believe Bynum/Gasol still gets us a 4 seed in the East we would still have an early playoff exit.

I would however turn around and trade Gasol for a wing scorer or PG upgrade or high lottery pick.

Gasol for Iggy/1st rnd pick??

Would probably rank 3 or 4 in the East. I wouldn't want Gasol though. I'd rather keep Anderson. Maybe even work a 3 team deal say Philly and send Gasol there for AI.

Nelson

J-Rich

AI

Anderson

Bynum

• Upvote 1

Who would be the leader in that team? Gasol?

If Bynum is healthy enough, i see us as a 4th seed, 2nd round material. Also, Anderson's production would diminish.

The potential to do more damage in the playoffs would, once again, be on the shoulders of our lame backcourt. Bynum, Gasol, Anderson and Davis are more than good enough to compete with Heat/Bulls. Its the backcourt that will have to step up.

Hoping Jameer and Richardson can turn the clock back to 2008.

Agree with you. Not only our perimeter is a liability but with bynum as our center, our defense will get even worse. We all now how bad defenders jameer and j rich are and the fact that bynum is not as athletic as dwight will make him prone to foul out easely. Gasol, in the other hand is slighly better defender and much smarter but without the help of our guards defensevely, he can become a liability.

Again, I just dont see us getting overall better.

Dwight can defend the paint better than those two guys together

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If you could get a guy like Iggy without giving up Gasol, our defense wouldn't be too bad. Giving up Gasol in favor of Anderson would be giving up on defense as well, because Bynum can't erase mistakes like Dwight can for this team.

Neither Bynum nor Gasol can be as valuable as Dwight. If we think them as combo then still Dwight-Hedo duo is far valuable than Bynum-Gasol duo. Making defense is very important in this beautiful game but when making the defense, creating offensive opportunities is a must, too. Neither Bynum nor Gasol can create their own offense. Yes, they can collect offensive rebounds and score but it will not be allways easy against big guys like Howard or Griffin or Noah(even young Omer and very strongly coming Enes Kanter). So, most of the time they need distributors to score. Hedo is poor defensively, everybody knows that but his game reading and clutch scoring abilities together with his excellent game making skills will make him and Dwight much more better duo than Bynum-Gasol...

So, the answer is: if that trade happens (for god's sake no)our rank will not be better than our rank now and I believe it will be even worse.

I generally very much dislike discussing things like this, but since it's hypothetical...

I would be somewhat content with keeping Gasol and sending Bynum and J-Rich to Philly for AI and Jrue Holiday...didn't check to see if the money matches or whatever fillers need to be added (Duhon would probably be shipped as well), but if so all teams involved would benefit.

Orlando:

Holiday/Jameer

JJ/Wafer/Q

AI/Q/Harper

Ryno/Big Baby/Clark

Gasol/Big Baby

Philly:

Meeks/Williams

Turner/J-Rich

Young/Nocioni

Brand/Battie

Bynum/Battie

***** LA...

I think we would struggle at first. Our offense would change. Hedo is one of our playmakers so there's a adjustment. In the playoffs though we would be good if Bynum is healthy. Especially defensively.

There would be a serious log jam though and I would hate to see BB and Anderson lose minutes.

Tim Legler on ESPN tonight said he thinks Lakers now are more inclined to go ahead with keeping Bynum as their All-Star center, and are just shifting most if not all of their focus on acquiring an upgrade in PG as their top priority.

He says doesn't know where Dwight will end up, but still believes he will be traded before the trade deadline.

He says doesn't know where Dwight will end up, but still believes he will be traded before the trade deadline.

well if the lakers aren't players anymore and with brook lopez' injury, it's basically down to the mavericks, warriors, and knicks at this point. and since none of those trade offers seem realistic, it sounds like homeboy is speculating something fierce.

I don't think Orlando would keep Pau, I think they'd want to send him elsewhere.

What about if he went to GSW, and we could get Lee and either Curry or Ellis in return?

Magic could also send Nelson to the Lakers who need a PG

I think there are many possibilities for the magic. if we could turn dwight into Bynum and a star wing or PG I think we'd be a better overall team