Sign in to follow this  
Osprey

Replace Dwight/Hedo with Bynum/Gasol, where do we rank?

Simple question, where do you rank Orlando in the East if they were to trade Howard and Hedo to LA for Bynum and Gasol.

Feel free to add any other hypothetical outliers to the original.

Nelson/Duhon/Hughes

Redick/Wafer

J.Richardson/Anderson/Q.Rich

Gasol/Anderson/Davis

Bynum/Gasol/Davis/Anderson

I see that team as a top 4 squad in the East this season. We could go extremely big and slow and start Anderson at the 3 and J. Rich at the 2 as well. If we could add Andre Miller to that squad in place of Jameer I think we'd be tough.

• Downvote 1

Anderson cannot play the 3 at least on defense and he does not have the post game that Rashard had. I think if you make that move ideally you move Richardson for a decent 3 or more speed at the 2.

I would say if Bynum is 100% healthy that team could be a top 2-3 team in the East. Those 2 have championship experience and I think would relish being out of Kobe's shadow.

I also would be curious to see what Stan would do with those guys on both sides of the ball.

Simple question, where do you rank Orlando in the East if they were to trade Howard and Hedo to LA for Bynum and Gasol.

Feel free to add any other hypothetical outliers to the original.

Nelson/Duhon/Hughes

Redick/Wafer

J.Richardson/Anderson/Q.Rich

Gasol/Anderson/Davis

Bynum/Gasol/Davis/Anderson

I see that team as a top 4 squad in the East this season. We could go extremely big and slow and start Anderson at the 3 and J. Rich at the 2 as well. If we could add Andre Miller to that squad in place of Jameer I think we'd be tough.

LA wouldn't give us Gasol and Bynum, as I think they've said a few times, but as a purely hypothetical situation? I'd think we'd be about where we are now: 3-4 spot. I don't think that line-up's better than Miami or Chicago's.

Plus, Gasol's not getting any younger and Bynum's knees are going to give out. Even so, Gasol/Bynum would not be a terrible trade if we were going to lose Dwight anyways. So I think we'd have a very good team, but I don't think it would be long-lasting.

But as I've said elsewhere, we're better off just waiting until the end of the season, letting Dwight walk, dump what contracts we can, and rebuilding with a young team that hopefully doesn't have as many holes as this current one. Look to OKC for an example of how to do this.

If LA is hovering around the middle of the upper tier of the West, or if the other top teams (Portland, Clips, San Antonio) show that they can beat LA, I think they warm up to getting rid of both for Dwight and Hedo, because Metta World Peace has been terrible.

I also think people underrate how good Bynum and Gasol are. Give them 20 shots a game instead of being pick setters for Kobe and they both put up huge, efficient numbers.

If LA is hovering around the middle of the upper tier of the West, or if the other top teams (Portland, Clips, San Antonio) show that they can beat LA, I think they warm up to getting rid of both for Dwight and Hedo, because Metta World Peace has been terrible.

I also think people underrate how good Bynum and Gasol are. Give them 20 shots a game instead of being pick setters for Kobe and they both put up huge, efficient numbers.

A bynum+gasol front court would easily be the best in the east. It would be tough to balance that out at the other roster spots though.

But as I've said elsewhere, we're better off just waiting until the end of the season, letting Dwight walk, dump what contracts we can, and rebuilding with a young team that hopefully doesn't have as many holes as this current one. Look to OKC for an example of how to do this.

Devos already said he doesn't want to do this.

I never said this was a trade. It's a hypothetical. I'm curious as to what the opinion of the team would be if this were actually a true statement.

If we have to move Dwight I'd rather trade a Dwight rental and Nelson for Nash, Gortat and picks. I'd rather have the Hammer than Lopez!

Nash/Doodoo

JRich/JJ/Wafer

Hedo/Qrich

Anderson/Baby

Gortat/Baby

Get our rooks in the mix, draft a PG, and that's not too bad of a squad

If we have to move Dwight I'd rather trade a Dwight rental and Nelson for Nash, Gortat and picks. I'd rather have the Hammer than Lopez!

Nash/Doodoo

JRich/JJ/Wafer

Hedo/Qrich

Anderson/Baby

Gortat/Baby

Get our rooks in the mix, draft a PG, and that's not too bad of a squad

n6u8g1.jpg