AddiFB

The Super Awesome, season-long '11-12 Magic 'Strap in' Thread

If the Magic end up trading Howard and assuming Duhon and/ or Turk are included in the deal, who on the current roster should be kept around for the rebuilding?

My feeling is Orton, JJ, Ryno, Baby, Wafer and the rookies. Though, I have a feeling we would be stuck with J Rich since his contract sucks. I am saying Orton, because he is still raw talent and 7 footers are hard to come by. No sure we need to keep both PF's, though and wonder what Ryno will be like with out Howard. Wafer because he is the only one on our team that can get to the basket on a regular basis. The rooks because we would be rebuilding and that requires young players to develope. Oh, forgot about Clark. Not sold on him yet, D seems good, but O seems out of control sometime and his jumper can be wildly off target.

I hope it does not come to this, but just thinking.

Big Baby is here because of Howard there buddy buddy all the time like how Dwight and Jameer used to be, so why don't we trade both of them together??? They want to play together let them, i personally dont want Baby without Dwight. Orton is NOT 7 foot, he is 6'10", he is an inch taller little bigger version of Big Baby. We need to trade Howard and Baby for a. Griffin and Jordan b. Chandler and Stoudemire or some good frontcourt combo, keep Ryno and JJ (unless we can get someone like Ellis, Iggy, Gay, etc.), Wafer, Clark (at PF!!!), the rookies (Harper at SF!!!!!), and Q for his D, energy, and hustle. Nelson, J-rich, Duhon, Hughes and Orton need to go. Somebody wants them Otis just isnt smart enough to find them. Duhon is a defensive 3rd string throw-in PG, Orton is a young raw prospect thats never played so he can easily get into a system, Hughes is a vet that hasnt played in over a year, he used to be nasty so somebody will take him as vet presence and to see what hes still got, and Nelson and J-Rich contrary to what everybody things are tradeable assets that could get a talk going, they have alot left in the tank i dont care what anybody says. We need a smart GM that people like, Otis is stupid and nobody likes him thats why he cant do anything without getting screwed, the only people that like him are in GS and they wont even do a deal with him. Tonights game against Boston is exactly why Dwight wants to leave, we were up by 27, 21 at halftime, and lost by i think 7, to Boston who didnt have Rondo, Allen or JO, we are a dangerous team when we are on fire but if not then we are just average, we have no energy, no hustle, nobody to get back on the fastbreak, nobody besides Dwight that will get to the rim and dunk on somebody let alone at all to provide some energy, we just shoot 3s and if there not falling we arent doing anything, when we were up by 27 we were getting into the paint and finishing not relying on 3s, not dunkin but we scored in the paint, when we started getting our a$$es handed to us Boston woke up and played D and we went back to relying on 3s and they werent falling so we lost horribly again. Im also over us not getting any calls. We get up and the refs rig the game with ridiculous calls or no calls. Its always 5 on 7 so we really dont have a chance anyways

Big Baby is here because of Howard there buddy buddy all the time like how Dwight and Jameer used to be, so why don't we trade both of them together??? They want to play together let them, i personally dont want Baby without Dwight. Orton is NOT 7 foot, he is 6'10", he is an inch taller little bigger version of Big Baby. We need to trade Howard and Baby for a. Griffin and Jordan b. Chandler and Stoudemire or some good frontcourt combo, keep Ryno and JJ (unless we can get someone like Ellis, Iggy, Gay, etc.), Wafer, Clark (at PF!!!), the rookies (Harper at SF!!!!!), and Q for his D, energy, and hustle. Nelson, J-rich, Duhon, Hughes and Orton need to go. Somebody wants them Otis just isnt smart enough to find them. Duhon is a defensive 3rd string throw-in PG, Orton is a young raw prospect thats never played so he can easily get into a system, Hughes is a vet that hasnt played in over a year, he used to be nasty so somebody will take him as vet presence and to see what hes still got, and Nelson and J-Rich contrary to what everybody things are tradeable assets that could get a talk going, they have alot left in the tank i dont care what anybody says. We need a smart GM that people like, Otis is stupid and nobody likes him thats why he cant do anything without getting screwed, the only people that like him are in GS and they wont even do a deal with him. Tonights game against Boston is exactly why Dwight wants to leave, we were up by 27, 21 at halftime, and lost by i think 7, to Boston who didnt have Rondo, Allen or JO, we are a dangerous team when we are on fire but if not then we are just average, we have no energy, no hustle, nobody to get back on the fastbreak, nobody besides Dwight that will get to the rim and dunk on somebody let alone at all to provide some energy, we just shoot 3s and if there not falling we arent doing anything, when we were up by 27 we were getting into the paint and finishing not relying on 3s, not dunkin but we scored in the paint, when we started getting our a$$es handed to us Boston woke up and played D and we went back to relying on 3s and they werent falling so we lost horribly again. Im also over us not getting any calls. We get up and the refs rig the game with ridiculous calls or no calls. Its always 5 on 7 so we really dont have a chance anyways

I realized Orton was 6 10 after the post. I still think he should be kept even if it is only as a third stringer (depending on the cost of course). I see your point on Davis though. Clark has shown some talent esp on D and I would hate to lose him since he is still young. Q is getting old.

Not sure I see your last point though. Yeah, there were some bad calls, but the Magic not the refs lost that game

I realized Orton was 6 10 after the post. I still think he should be kept even if it is only as a third stringer (depending on the cost of course). I see your point on Davis though. Clark has shown some talent esp on D and I would hate to lose him since he is still young. Q is getting old.

Not sure I see your last point though. Yeah, there were some bad calls, but the Magic not the refs lost that game

Im not saying the refs lose the games for us. We get bad calls or calls against us that ruin any momentum we have, get a player on the bench because of foul trouble, get us down enough for the other team to come back, etc. Im not just talking about the Boston game, im talking about every game. We are not a very liked team, other teams and people love to see us fail and come up short idk why but thats just how it is.

Im not saying the refs lose the games for us. We get bad calls or calls against us that ruin any momentum we have, get a player on the bench because of foul trouble, get us down enough for the other team to come back, etc. Im not just talking about the Boston game, im talking about every game. We are not a very liked team, other teams and people love to see us fail and come up short idk why but thats just how it is.

Listen, The magic have a history with the refs... Dwight have a history with the refs.. However, I dont think they can make you win or loose a game unless the game is very close.

I dont think that the humiliation we received from Boston x2 and NO is the refs fault.

We are just playing bad..

shooting 3?% from the field is not going to help. We are at fault.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6007975 give ATL a 2012 1st and PHX a 2013 2nd

Howard, Baby/Frye

BBD, Frye, Clark

Smith, Turk, Harper

J-Rich, Wafer, Liggins

Nash, Hughes, Liggins

March 1st trade Frye for a PG and sign a C or Harper for a C and sign a PG or vise versa or something like that, but Howard would be happy with BBD and Smith in the starting lineup with him and Nash runnin the point, and Nash could bring back the old J-Rich with Frye, Clark, Turk, Wafer , and Hughes off the bench. Pretty solid we just lose our 1st rd pick this year and our 2nd next year. But the way this draft is sounding a 2nd rd is as good as a normal 1st right?? Just brainstorming and came up with this but we would need a younger PG imo but we could figure that out after. But even if we stick with the above roster as is we can still win the title imo.

Orlando Magic owners MUST fight to get Bynum and Gasol for Dwight and Hedo. This will get us some new blood. Must do while the Lakers are hurting.

Orlando Magic owners MUST fight to get Bynum and Gasol for Dwight and Hedo. This will get us some new blood. Must do while the Lakers are hurting.

Why?...... What happen to the whole if we are going to rebuild then lets blow everything up..... ?

Nobody outside like 10ppl on the is board want Gasol or Bynum...... Gasol is old... and Bynum is one wrong landing away to a injury.... Plus his character just simply bites the big one.

If this is the best idea you guys can some up with, then your no better than Otis.

The solution to our bad team is to bring in core pieces of another bad team minus their leader who is one of the hardest working guys in the league who was not able to motivate these particular core pieces?? Do I have the correct? I just want to make sure I understand the logic at work here.

Which of Bynum or Gasol is the go to guy that can get to the line when the shooters are missing shots? Which one is the go to guy for the Lakers? I'll wait for your answer.

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6007975 give ATL a 2012 1st and PHX a 2013 2nd

Howard, Baby/Frye

BBD, Frye, Clark

Smith, Turk, Harper

J-Rich, Wafer, Liggins

Nash, Hughes, Liggins

March 1st trade Frye for a PG and sign a C or Harper for a C and sign a PG or vise versa or something like that, but Howard would be happy with BBD and Smith in the starting lineup with him and Nash runnin the point, and Nash could bring back the old J-Rich with Frye, Clark, Turk, Wafer , and Hughes off the bench. Pretty solid we just lose our 1st rd pick this year and our 2nd next year. But the way this draft is sounding a 2nd rd is as good as a normal 1st right?? Just brainstorming and came up with this but we would need a younger PG imo but we could figure that out after. But even if we stick with the above roster as is we can still win the title imo.

Hahaha the Hawks and Suns would never make such a terrible deal.

Why do people want a frontcourt that got ran over by Drew Gooden last night

Agree 100%

They got smoked by drew gooden and ilyasova sp? And Brandon Jennings (whom I would take in a heartbeat)