Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Agreed.... I mean its not like Dwight was scoring 20ppg since his rookie year. The only thing he could do for the first 3yrs was dunk and rebound.... The 4-6 year he worked on a decent post up game with running hooks.... Dwights 6th through 8th was suppose to be about his jump shot and free throws (Haven seen his jump shot lately and his FT are still garbage).

I like Dwight, i really do... bought D12 gear, talked him up when everyone was downing him, even won a couple of Autographed D12 pictures. But.....

@ from him, everything he wants to be he is here. If Dwight wants to move on, then let him walk and waist the 30mil and all the tax free endorsement money. This franchise isnt going anywhere, we will be champions with players who are committed to the task.

good point building championships take time he and everybody thinks jus he and Williams equal ring look at Mia two of 3the best players on team no ring now wade hurt so who knows now but I believe this team is like MAVS keep knocking at door then kick it down talent here need little tweaking! !!! But if he wanna leave make it happen but don't lose core pieces! !!!

All of the teams in the NBA are professional basketball players. In the playoffs it comes down to who's hot and who's not. If the team with the most talent goes cold or has injury problems they could go down in the 1st round. A team in the middle of the pack can get hot and step up and roll through the playoffs.

So yes, I believe we have a shot with this squad. If our guards ever get on track...

http://www.bostonher...elt#articleFull

Wow. Dwight is flat out calling out this team and Magic management and ownership. What I hear him saying is, "The guys on the Magic can't win when it matters in the playoffs."

Do you agree? Disagree? Think he should be saying this to the media?

I agree that there are teams that do well in the regular season and not in the playoffs, what I don't agree with is publically calling out your current teammates, it's classless. How about he just shuts his mouth while he is still here and then he can go on his merry little way after it's over just as he's planned.

I wish they would just stop getting sound bites and quotes from these "star" players because the more I hear what comes out of their mouths the more I want to switch over to watching college ball exclusively.

• Upvote 1

Sorry Dwight, but regardless of how little the celtic players care about stats or whatever, they aren't going to be winning in the playoffs, if they even make the playoffs.

It's a nice storied franchise, but if you sign there, get ready for some rebuilding (yes they'll have a lot coming off the books soon, but still).

Oh, and I'll add one more thing. This is some big talk coming from a guy that can be made less effective on the offensive end with single coverage. I don't remember Hakeem having that issue. When he played you could have called in a center, guards, and an airstrike to try and stop him and he would have still been an offensive force, he would have pissed on Jason Collins, ZaZa, and Kendrick Perkins.

• Upvote 1

It's not very encouraging to hear a player go from "I love this team" to "I don't have no problems with being here".

Did Dwight hire LeBron's PR crew? Lately, it doesn't seem like he has any grasp on how to handle loaded media questions. He's giving them exactly what they want, and potentially alienating his fanbase in the process.

You're the team captain on a 12-5 team. You play for a city that constructed a state-of-the-art arena because you'd given the indication that you were in for the long haul. We know Orlando is no longer your top priority, but the least you could do is behave like this season means something, you arrogant @$$clown.

• Upvote 5

I agree with the sentiment stated here regarding Dwight's comments. As I was looking through the Boston website, I found another quote from Dwight where he makes light of KG. Since I loathe KG more than nearly any other NBA player, I took pleasure in reading it:

“Even myself; there’s no way KG (Kevin Garnett) should be beating me up and down the floor. There’s a couple of plays where he beat me up and down the floor, and there’s no way. You know, he’s 40 and I’m 25 (actually 35 and 26, respectively). I just can’t allow that to happen. I have to step up and be the leader for this team, and when they see me doing things that are out of my character and not playing the way I play, then it falls to everybody else. So I have to do a better job and police everybody else.”

Let's face it, Dwight's not a very bright guy apparently. He could have taken the high road on this and remained virtually silent and respectful, which would have made his decision to leave more understandable to people who are reasonable about the shortcomings this team has had in building a contender around him. However, his unwillingness or inability to be consistent and considerate in message to his teammates and fanbase has done nothing but alienate himself from all the people who have supported him for eight years.

I'm not going to hold a grudge or resent him in any way, but he's going to be cast as a bad guy when this is all said and done, and I don't know if he has the kind of personality that can just shrug off legitimate hatred towards him.