Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

I love Dwight on our team as much as the next fan but I'm a MAGIC fan 1st! If we can't get any good pieces to convince him to stay then trading him is our only option to becoming a better team. Dwight, Turk, Baby, Duhon and Otis for the best deal we can get!

I think a lot of this is on Otis, but not all. Yes, as GM, he had to sign off on all these things, and some didn't look horrible going in. But a good scouting squad would have been able to sniff out good picks and good trades.

This front office just acts so surprised sometimes, and I think a lot of that is that they're understaffed. RDV threw gobs of money at the players, but I think he badly neglected the FO.

Now we're seeing the cost of that decision.

I think a lot of this is on Otis, but not all. Yes, as GM, he had to sign off on all these things, and some didn't look horrible going in. But a good scouting squad would have been able to sniff out good picks and good trades.

This front office just acts so surprised sometimes, and I think a lot of that is that they're understaffed. RDV threw gobs of money at the players, but I think he badly neglected the FO.

Now we're seeing the cost of that decision.

That article did come out at the beginning of the season that talked about how short handed we were in the front office ie. scouts. Now its biting us in the ass. Hopefully we come out of it (relatively quickly) however that may be.

you know, at first I had some feelings regarding this scenario. I felt pretty strongly about it. however, new details were revealed to me that generated new emotions and opinions that I held for a period of time.

if I speculate as to why a scenario or detail may have ocurred, it only serves to reaffirm my original notion. However a different hypothetical may have caused me to soften my stance.

an argument can be made to place blame for the developments on one person. however just as easily, the blame may be placed on another. I, however, conceded that it is quite possible blame for these events may be placed on something of which I am entirely not aware.

perhaps if something in history had transpired differently, I may never have had to been put in a position to feel such emotions. the vacillations between various opinions at one point caused me to feel perturbed that events occurring could have such a sway on my state of mind.

I have since reassessed and determined that the only important thing to me has become closure and that my original feelings were fleeting and fickle.

I would like to reiterate that all of my previous states of mind are valid and I reserve the right to return to these states at any time as events transpire. At such time, I will provide insight regarding the details of how it was determined that an old opinion that had previously been dismissed has now prevailed.

• Upvote 1

Trading Dwight is the easiest way to get rid of our overpaid players. If Martins is ready to clean house in the front office, if I'm him, I trade D12 if he won't commit to one more year, and send make sure to send BBD and Hedo with him, and gear up for 2012

Trading Dwight is the easiest way to get rid of our overpaid players. If Martins is ready to clean house in the front office, if I'm him, I trade D12 if he won't commit to one more year, and send make sure to send BBD and Hedo with him, and gear up for 2012

If you are going to do that you have to give Duhon his ticket as well.... or just leave a trail of greygoose.... ***** it, cheap ass russian vodka to the team we trade with.

The sad reality is that to improve this team, we will need to trade the best big man in the game. You can blame Otis for that.

If Dwight is traded or even if he leaves via FA, the front office needs to be cleaned out. To make that next step, we need to start again.

• Downvote 1

The sad reality is that to improve this team, we will need to trade the best big man in the game. You can blame Otis for that.

If Dwight is traded or even if he leaves via FA, the front office needs to be cleaned out. To make that next step, we need to start again.

I don't believe that in order to improve this team we need to trade Dwight. I think in order to keep Dwight based on the given situation we need to make a splashy move, but there's plenty of lateral moves could be made such that if Dwight was willing to at least opt in for the last year of his contract, I think we could see a lot of improvement in the team come end of that contract. I don't think the issue is no one wants our players, I think no one wants our players in exchange for a superstar. Big difference.

I know it's old news but I just got a bit of inside information on the whole Bob Vander Weide/ Dwight drunk dial situation

1. BVW did indeed drunk dial Dwight and they aren't pals so it wasn't cool with D12

2. old man DeVos brought down the ban hammer on Bob, he is banned from: Amway center family compound/ vacation homes family activities jet/ helicopter and ALL MAGIC DANCERS

3. Mrs. Vander Weide had hired a private eye (they're always watching you) and came back with proof that Bobby was bangin' one or more magic dancers

4. The misses kept this information under her hat until daddy found out and the drunk dial was seen as the perfect time to keep the dancer thing under wraps and get rid of Bob

Now the Vander Weide family will not get the organization when DeVos kicks it like it was originally planned and the only reason why Bob and his wife are still together are the 5 kids they have together

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

I really don't want to see Howard leave the team but I am very nervous about New Jersey. Lets say we hang onto Howard beyond the deadline but cannot add a significant piece. In the summer Howard may be able to sign with a team that has Lopez as a trade asset, Deron Williams, Anthony Morrow (who was on Howard's list of players he would like to play with), Marshon Brooks, and a top three pick in the draft. What happens if New Jersey wins the lottery and drafts Anthony Davis. A possible lineup of Williams, Brooks, SF obtained via a Lopez trade, Anthony Davis, and Howard would be formidable for years and years to come. If I were Howard I would sign on and not think twice about it.

Someone talk me off the ledge.

I know it's old news but I just got a bit of inside information on the whole Bob Vander Weide/ Dwight drunk dial situation

1. BVW did indeed drunk dial Dwight and they aren't pals so it wasn't cool with D12

2. old man DeVos brought down the ban hammer on Bob, he is banned from: Amway center family compound/ vacation homes family activities jet/ helicopter and ALL MAGIC DANCERS

3. Mrs. Vander Weide had hired a private eye (they're always watching you) and came back with proof that Bobby was bangin' one or more magic dancers

4. The misses kept this information under her hat until daddy found out and the drunk dial was seen as the perfect time to keep the dancer thing under wraps and get rid of Bob

Now the Vander Weide family will not get the organization when DeVos kicks it like it was originally planned and the only reason why Bob and his wife are still together are the 5 kids they have together

Awesome Story, Go Troll someone else with your cool Sig.

#ORLtrolls ----- Make it Trend