Drain-O

The Official Dwight Howard Everything Thread

Dwight is obviously not so intelligent or being offered something extra. There's no other way he would want to play there.

do not forget who owns New Jersey Nets. russians are very corrupted, for them it is a normal thing. Prokhorov is a billionaire, and all russian billionaires made their money by cheating, bribing, not paying taxes, involving criminals and etc. So, it is very likely that Dwight was offfered extra money ot smth. else to play for the Nets...

Dwight: "i just wanna win"

Reporter: has your trade request changed?

Dwight: "nothing has changed"

Magic=10-3, dwight=looks stupid

This.

The "I just wanna win" is a total slap in the face. What he is saying does not mesh with what he is doing. This either means he is a liar (and thinks the general fan base is stupid) or stupid. I don't think he's stupid, so that leaves the former.

I have no respect for him anymore as an individual. It's his life, he can do anything he wants, that isn't the issue, it's a personal stance that I have now with how he appears to be as an individual.

JohnDenton555 John Denton

Postgame #Magic joke from @DwightHoward, who has grown tired of daily rumors: "Breaking news, I’m going to play with the Globetrotters."

Oh No :panicworker: :panicworker:

So he still ends up in NY.

Dwight's PR people definitely have me doing some head scratching this season.

His "nothing has changed" comment I can understand, since he's trying to maintain whatever leverage he has.

But to continue pushing your trade agenda by adding to the list of suitable trade suitors following wins? Can't wrap my head around that one.

His "nothing has changed" comment I can understand, since he's trying to maintain whatever leverage he has.

But to continue pushing your trade agenda by adding to the list of suitable trade suitors following wins? Can't wrap my head around that one.

There are now reports that he never actually said anything about the Clippers.

It's a mad, mad, mad world.

There are now reports that he never actually said anything about the Clippers.

It's a mad, mad, mad world.

I forgot to add that it could also be his agent pushing the agenda and not him.

That said, I wouldn't mind hearing something of substance from Dwight regarding these rumors. Either the Clippers rumor is so silly that he doesn't feel like dignifying it with a response, or it's another option for him. Just wish he'd address any "false" rumors he's heard about, unless they aren't really false, at all.

Everything that Dwight continues to say publicly makes it appear inevitable that he wants out of Orlando as soon as possible and there is nothing that the Magic organization can do to change his decision. At this point, I'm not sure pairing him in Orlando with Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird and Bill Russell in their primes would cause him to want to stay. Obviously, a 10-3 record thus far hasn't been good enough to overcome his ENORMOUS ego. So, I hardly believe trading for Monta Eliis or Andre Iguodola or whatever other scenarios might seem feasible makes any difference.

I believe the Magic are left with 2 options: (1) Hold out as long as they can up until the March trade deadline to get the best trade deal they can or (2) let him walk as a free agent at the end of the year and get no players or draft picks in return in order to clear cap space to rebuild for the future.

I still believe a deal for Andrew Bynum and the Lakers two 1st round picks in this year's draft (assuming Dallas' pick is 20 or below) may be the best return the Magic could hope to get for Dwight. A bonus would be to include Hedo and/or Duhon in the deal to dump their bloated contracts. That may take getting a 3rd team involved and the Magic receiving additional players and/or draft picks. But, the heart of the deal would result in the Magic having Bynum as their new center (with the injury/attitude risk that comes with that) and draft picks to help build a team that would still be left with Ryno, JJ and Big Baby as core pieces who come to play hard every night.

Everything that Dwight continues to say publicly makes it appear inevitable that he wants out of Orlando as soon as possible and there is nothing that the Magic organization can do to change his decision. At this point, I'm not sure pairing him in Orlando with Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Larry Bird and Bill Russell in their primes would cause him to want to stay. Obviously, a 10-3 record thus far hasn't been good enough to overcome his ENORMOUS ego. So, I hardly believe trading for Monta Eliis or Andre Iguodola or whatever other scenarios might seem feasible makes any difference.

I believe the Magic are left with 2 options: (1) Hold out as long as they can up until the March trade deadline to get the best trade deal they can or (2) let him walk as a free agent at the end of the year and get no players or draft picks in return in order to clear cap space to rebuild for the future.

I still believe a deal for Andrew Bynum and the Lakers two 1st round picks in this year's draft (assuming Dallas' pick is 20 or below) may be the best return the Magic could hope to get for Dwight. A bonus would be to include Hedo and/or Duhon in the deal to dump their bloated contracts. That may take getting a 3rd team involved and the Magic receiving additional players and/or draft picks. But, the heart of the deal would result in the Magic having Bynum as their new center (with the injury/attitude risk that comes with that) and draft picks to help build a team that would still be left with Ryno, JJ and Big Baby as core pieces who come to play hard every night.

Don't give up on Dwight just yet...and anyways even come summer he wants to leave we'd just do a sign-and-trade in July. Dwights playing this whole season in a Magic uniform, its what he wants

Don't give up on Dwight just yet...and anyways even come summer he wants to leave we'd just do a sign-and-trade in July. Dwights playing this whole season in a Magic uniform, its what he wants

I don't see the Magic letting Dwight play the rest of the year here if he hasn't committed to staying. Too risky for ownership.

I don't see the Magic letting Dwight play the rest of the year here if he hasn't committed to staying. Too risky for ownership.

If the team finishes with the 2nd or 3rd best record in the east; I don't see how they not keep him. With a little luck, this team could make the conference finals.