Sign in to follow this  
i_forgot_my_password

DeAndre Liggins

Yeah - pretty happy with this pick, too. With nothing in the first round, we did the best we could. I could see the guy being a defensive version of Lee.

Man....well, the Spurs began their dynasty in the strike year, right?

I don't see him making the regular season roster. But with the 53rd pick, you can't complain. Otis took a hard working guy who plays defense, so you know he'll work hard to try and make the roster and that is all you can ask of a pick this late.

His videos remind me of Pietrus SO much. Especially his ESPN clip last night, right down to holding up the 3 fingers after a made trey.

I'm getting giddy. I WANT SUMMER LEAGUE.

Exactly what I was thinking! SUMMER LEAGUE! I realize the talent on the court isnt always the greatest in the summer league but at least you get to see them showcase their talents in a 5 on 5 setting. I am just glad we got a solid perimeter defender, I was down to Liggins or Lighty towards the end of that draft, where I see Lighty as a better spot up shooter, I think Liggins may be the better penetrator of the two. Here's to hoping he sticks around a while. :cheers:

I'm a die hard kentucky fan and let me tell you... we got a steal in Liggins... I'm guessing he will be our starter whenever the season actually begins after the lockout. He can gaurd the 1-3, drive the ball when needed and can spot of for 3's. He hit the game winning 3 from the corner in the elite 8 against UNC... so he has no problem stepping up when his number is called.

Warning: he struggled to find his niche the first 2 seasons while at Kentucky which included being suspended for the first 10 or so games his sophomore year for unspecified reasons and rumors he was a loner during that season, but Caliapri got him to buy into the role of a glue guy this past year and he flurished from there... SVG will have to be careful on how he manages Liggins, but if he is treated right I see him as our starting 2.

Below is a story about Liggins tough upbringing

Liggin's finds Strength through Death of Brother

• Upvote 1