Sign in to follow this  
ShefGator2

Dwight says his preference is to stay with the Magic and 'start his own path'

PTI is debating whether or not Dwight's comments will create a LeBron like backlash WHEN he leaves. Wilbon says it won't and Tony says it will.

As long as Dwight doesn't put together a televised event like LeBron IF he leaves, no backlash.

I still don't understand why you fools watch that crap and then complain about it and say how much it sucks but then watch it again the next day and do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and overwincentsad.png

I still don't understand why you fools watch that crap and then complain about it and say how much it sucks but then watch it again the next day and do the same thing over and over and over and over and over and overwincentsad.png

Because we're cool.

buttermilk-pancakes-recipe-photo-260-CNewman-207.jpg

wincentsad.png

• Upvote 1

I stopped watching ESPN because they're always talking about Dwight Howard leaving and it's just annoying. Also, they employ some of the worst sports "analysts".

I don't know what more we can ask the guy to do at this point, what he has stated makes sense in that he needs......PLAYERS.... not pretenders and retreads around him to collect our first RING!!!!!!!

I beleive the man wants to stay and do something here! He calls this "HIS CITY" and Otis is now on notice! (did that ryhme? LOL!!)

I am thinking about spamming Otis's e-mail with a Get it done or get out message....and I like the guy!!

I heard on Real Radio 104.1 here in Orlando earlier this morning that it was official he signed the extension. The guy that announced it knows Otis, not sure if that is how he found out.

The 2 year extension is good for management to have time to build something and him to look good if he does leave as he did all the right things. I personally am looking forward to next season and watching all the moves over the summer with the Magic.

I was talking to my friend about Dwight's future and since he insists Dwight is going to leave Orlando (he's a Celtic fan), I was wondering the outcome if we had kept Gortat. In Phoenix, he has shined -- taking over the starting spot for Robin Lopez (like that was much of an obstacle) and posting consistent double-double efforts. Imagine if Gortat was our starting center and we traded Dwight (don't go crazy, this is hypothetical talk) for another elite star player....

Do you think we would have a better chance at a championship?

EDIT: I am NOT knocking Dwight, just sparking some discussion and I'd like to hear some interesting opinions

I was talking to my friend about Dwight's future and since he insists Dwight is going to leave Orlando (he's a Celtic fan), I was wondering the outcome if we had kept Gortat. In Phoenix, he has shined -- taking over the starting spot for Robin Lopez (like that was much of an obstacle) and posting consistent double-double efforts. Imagine if Gortat was our starting center and we traded Dwight (don't go crazy, this is hypothetical talk) for another elite star player....

Do you think we would have a better chance at a championship?

EDIT: I am NOT knocking Dwight, just sparking some discussion and I'd like to hear some interesting opinions

No. Are there any other questions that I can answer for you?

Agreed, if Dwight signs the extension it means we are doing something wrong. Wait what?

The #1 priority this offseason was to get Dwight to sign the dotted lines. Otis apparently got him to do that, and I strongly believe that Otis (for better or worse) has done his best to surround Dwight with the type of players needed to win a 'ship. I really appreciate Otis' efforts to do his best, I mean that sincerely, but barring a miracle rabbit-in-the-hat trick, I think it's time to give someone else a chance.

Not sure what you are trying to say, that Otis should set up contracts so we start from 0 in 4 years when Dwight's contact will be up if he signs extension now? Cause thats alot of years, we'll have to start setting things up next year probably already.

Anyway, I think this year will be Otis'es last chance to make some changes.And if results wont be there by the end of season they should look into bringing in new GM.

What I'm saying is if Dwight signs a 2 yr ext we will have him here in the 2013-2014 season. That is the final year of Gilbert and Hedo's contracts, in fact, that is the final year for just about everyone so if we follow a Miami type game plan of signing short contract's or reasonable ones that allow flexibility we will have space to go after whatever players may be available. Now, if the amnesty clause is in play and we get rid of Gilberts deal then you are talking about only needing to move Hedo for us to have space in 2012-2013 Dwight's original year of FA (he has a player option for that year). Bottom line is if he resigns he will be under contract with us when we are out of cap hell and able to make moves. Looking at those scenarios does Otis have a plan in place to put the pieces around Dwight? I don't trust him anymore, not after picking up Gilbert. If he had an idea that the amnesty clause would be coming he could have just stuck with Rashard and used the clause on Hedo's contract. That would have put us under the cap in 2012 without having to make any moves, instead we have to keep our fingers crossed.

It's looking more and more like Ping's tweet was BS so we better hope Otis does have something planned because that is what is going to sell Dwight on staying. He obviously wants to be here, Otis needs to fix this and fast.