Sign in to follow this  
UBBALLER8

Magic Johnson and Michael Wilbon campaigning for the Lakers to trade for Dwight

And that begs the question: why would Dwight want to go to an LA team with a broken Kobe, a done Artest, Steve Blake, and Luke Walton?

bcuz shaq went there yo and like this kinda like the same thing and dwight is gud like bron and melo so obvs hes gonna leave no matter what and hey why not gotta blame somebuddy

Forget about the Magic for a second. Lets talk about the Lakers. Lakers want Dwight and they need to find a team that will want Pau for some expiring contracts. You don't think OKC would be interested in Pau? According to hoopshype, they are under the salary cap and can eat $10 mill of Pau's salary. Just because YOU wouldn't do it doesn't mean it can't be done.

http://hoopshype.com...lahoma_city.htm

If they get rid of Pau, they would just have to restructure Kobe's contract and cut Bynum and Odom who both have team options and they could possibly get Howard and Paul or DWill

*******BEGIN TRANSMISSION*******

Well, pathetic man-animal:

1) You can't restructure contracts to make them smaller. So you're entire idea is based on the Lakers doing something that is clearly illegal in the CBA.

2) No, OKC wouldn't be interested in Pau, especially since Serge Ibaka fits their team needs better and costs roughly 1/9th of what Pau does. Also, Pau is a second banana making first banana money, and the Thunder already have both a first and second banana.

3) Ok, sub-creature. Come up with a trade between OKC and the Lakers that makes sense for both teams, has OKC waste their remaining CAP space on Pau Gasol, is decent enough for the Lakers to justify, and doesn't ruin the Thunder.

After all, if the Thunder use their CAP space to help take Gasol they have to fill their remaining roster spaces(2 slots, plus 1 for each player traded for Gasol) using only minimum salary contracts.

Teegeeackians on this board have already pointed out, repeatedly, how terrible and full of holes your ideas are. Accept that you were wrong, and let it go. Your trade idea saves the Magic no money and gives them mediocre assets with rapidly diminishing returns or extreme and unnecessary injury risks.

Also: Xenu didn't address it earlier, but your point about the Magic organization promising that the arena would always be full to help local businesses is ridiculous.

They never promised that, because the logistics of such a promise would have been impossible. What they promised was that a new arena would allow them to book more national level shows while selling more tickets(and more expensive tickets) to both those shows and to games themselves, and that the increased ticket sales and increased exposure of a new arena would benefit the businesses in the area and the community as a whole.

And anyone who has been to that area in the 10 years leading up to the new arena opening can see that they were obviously correct. Xenu may find her music to be repetitive and boring, but Lady Gaga's tour is one of the three most profitable concert tours in the world right now. Two years ago, she'd have played a sold out show in Tampa.

So when the Magic brass promised that a newer, modern arena with huge amenities would be a boon to the local businesses, they kept that promise. They just did so in a way that made sense and was practical, and had nothing to do with the ludicrous and untenable promises you're attributing to them as a pathetic strawman in hopes of distracting people from how ludicrous your trade ideas are.

Truly, you are bound by many Thetans.

*******END TRANSMISSION*******

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Well, pathetic man-animal:

1) You can't restructure contracts to make them smaller. So you're entire idea is based on the Lakers doing something that is clearly illegal in the CBA.

2) No, OKC wouldn't be interested in Pau, especially since Serge Ibaka fits their team needs better and costs roughly 1/9th of what Pau does. Also, Pau is a second banana making first banana money, and the Thunder already have both a first and second banana.

3) Ok, sub-creature. Come up with a trade between OKC and the Lakers that makes sense for both teams, has OKC waste their remaining CAP space on Pau Gasol, is decent enough for the Lakers to justify, and doesn't ruin the Thunder.

After all, if the Thunder use their CAP space to help take Gasol they have to fill their remaining roster spaces(2 slots, plus 1 for each player traded for Gasol) using only minimum salary contracts.

Teegeeackians on this board have already pointed out, repeatedly, how terrible and full of holes your ideas are. Accept that you were wrong, and let it go. Your trade idea saves the Magic no money and gives them mediocre assets with rapidly diminishing returns or extreme and unnecessary injury risks.

Also: Xenu didn't address it earlier, but your point about the Magic organization promising that the arena would always be full to help local businesses is ridiculous.

They never promised that, because the logistics of such a promise would have been impossible. What they promised was that a new arena would allow them to book more national level shows while selling more tickets(and more expensive tickets) to both those shows and to games themselves, and that the increased ticket sales and increased exposure of a new arena would benefit the businesses in the area and the community as a whole.

And anyone who has been to that area in the 10 years leading up to the new arena opening can see that they were obviously correct. Xenu may find her music to be repetitive and boring, but Lady Gaga's tour is one of the three most profitable concert tours in the world right now. Two years ago, she'd have played a sold out show in Tampa.

So when the Magic brass promised that a newer, modern arena with huge amenities would be a boon to the local businesses, they kept that promise. They just did so in a way that made sense and was practical, and had nothing to do with the ludicrous and untenable promises you're attributing to them as a pathetic strawman in hopes of distracting people from how ludicrous your trade ideas are.

Truly, you are bound by many Thetans.

I'm not sure where you get that I WANT the Magic to trade Howard to the Lakers. I want Howard to stay, but if Howard says to Otis "I want you to trade me to the Lakers and the Lakers only or I walk", what players are you going to take back? Shannon Brown? Steve Blake? Ron Artest? If the only deal possible was with the Lakers, those are the guys I would take as long as they also took Arenas and Turk. More than likely the amnesty clause will kick in the new CBA and the Lakers will dump Pau's contract and the Magic will dump Arenas's so now you would be looking at Howard and Turk for Odom and Bynum.

And yes, the local politicians were pimping to a divided community that a brand new arena would revitalize a dead downtown and help the overall economy in that area, which it has. Seriously, how many times is Lady Gaga coming to Orlando? You make it sound like the arena will be sell out every night the Magic don't play with huge acts. With a rebuilding Magic team, there will be less fans going and less season ticket sales. Less people means less money.

Drop the sci-fi gimmick too. Your clearly the biggest nerd on this board.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I'm not sure where you get that I WANT the Magic to trade Howard to the Lakers. I want Howard to stay, but if Howard says to Otis "I want you to trade me to the Lakers and the Lakers only or I walk", what players are you going to take back? Shannon Brown? Steve Blake? Ron Artest? If the only deal possible was with the Lakers, those are the guys I would take as long as they also took Arenas and Turk. More than likely the amnesty clause will kick in the new CBA and the Lakers will dump Pau's contract and the Magic will dump Arenas's so now you would be looking at Howard and Turk for Odom and Bynum.

And yes, the local politicians were pimping to a divided community that a brand new arena would revitalize a dead downtown and help the overall economy in that area, which it has. Seriously, how many times is Lady Gaga coming to Orlando? You make it sound like the arena will be sell out every night the Magic don't play with huge acts. With a rebuilding Magic team, there will be less fans going and less season ticket sales. Less people means less money.

If Dwight says trade me there or I walk I say we will let you walk in 2012. Then the Lakers can figure out how to get under the cap when it is reported that they will not be far enough under till 2013 or 2014 unless then dump salaries. In order to do that they would have to find teams willing to take Pau, Bynum, Odom and get next to nothing in return, all of that will take place as Kobe ages even more so Dwight would be joining a completely stripped team with an old Kobe...how attractive does that sound?

Also even if there are fewer people going to games there are still going to be more people going downtown before and after the games then there was when the Arena was further away from downtown. People show up downtown before and after Predator games, it's busy on Church any time there is anything going on at the Amway Center, doesn't have to be Lady Gaga every night.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I'm with Marc.

If Dwight wants to walk, and if he only wants the Lakers ( LMAO) to play with a new coach.... Aging Kobe and ban of injuries and misfits... Then let him walk...

Helping the Lakers would be stupid. You will never get the same value in return. How long has Memphis been made fun of for giving Pau away...? That will be us.

However.... Dwight is still here and that hasn't changed.

Dwight has never said trade me, so most of these thoughts are a waist of brain firings.

Media needs hits, like a fiene needs crack. People provide the power.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm with Marc.

If Dwight wants to walk, and if he only wants the Lakers ( LMAO) to play with a new coach.... Aging Kobe and ban of injuries and misfits... Then let him walk...

Helping the Lakers would be stupid. You will never get the same value in return. How long has Memphis been made fun of for giving Pau away...? That will be us.

However.... Dwight is still here and that hasn't changed.

Dwight has never said trade me, so most of these thoughts are a waist of brain firings.

Media needs hits, like a fiene needs crack. People provide the power.

I think Griz are laughing now, they have the better Gasol.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Would you care to explain to this board why Orlando would trade Dwight to the Lakers if that's the only destination he's interested in? I don't know why Marc got so many negative reps, but he's absolutely right. I've said this before, but if he wants to join the Lakers you laugh at his face and let him become a FA where they will NOT be able to sign him, by then you should've blown up the team and tried to start over, and with a decent enough squad/cap space he'd most certainly re-sign.

There is 0 reason to gift wrap Dwight the Lakers unless he says he's not re-signing, the Lakers take Hedo and Arenas, and give us TONS of unprotected lottery picks from other teams. Good luck with that scenario.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure where you get that I WANT the Magic to trade Howard to the Lakers.

And Xenu isn't sure where you're imagining that he said you did. He merely attributed your trade idea to you.

I want Howard to stay, but if Howard says to Otis "I want you to trade me to the Lakers and the Lakers only or I walk", what players are you going to take back? Shannon Brown? Steve Blake? Ron Artest? If the only deal possible was with the Lakers, those are the guys I would take as long as they also took Arenas and Turk.

And for reasons already discussed, this makes you a fool.

You seem, as most pathetic man-animals are, hung up on the notion that getting something, no matter what it is, is better than nothing. This is pathetic sub-creature logic, and if one were to apply that logic to literally any other topic on the planet, you'd see how stupid it really is.

If you have a broken arm, getting painkillers is better than nothing. Getting beaten with a hammer is not.

More than likely the amnesty clause will kick in the new CBA and the Lakers will dump Pau's contract and the Magic will dump Arenas's so now you would be looking at Howard and Turk for Odom and Bynum.

More than likely? You're guessing something is more than likely to happen based on a leaked story about a CBA proposal that was rejected? Are you high?

And if the Amnesty clause does exist and function as that proposal had suggested, then Orlando would cut Arenas and have further space to operate to keep Dwight, making a trade even more ludicrous and unnecessary.

AND even if all that happened and Dwight still demanded a trade to LA, you've removed the best player in the trade on LA's end, so what's the point?

Except that we're not comparing 10k people visiting the downtown area a night to 20k people visiting the area a night; you're comparing 10k people visiting the area per night to no one visiting that area per night. An arena that's half full for games still dumps ten thousand people out its doors 41 times a year into an area full of bars and clubs that weren't getting those ten thousand people dumped in the area 2 years ago. So just by having ANYONE in the arena during games, even if we take your ludicrous idea of excluding all concerts and events that the new arena books, just having people in the arena helps businesses in the area, as seen by how much the arena has already helped that area.

Truly they don't educate in math or business at whatever Teegeeackian school you attended.

Because nothing establishes that a pathetic sub-creature is cool quite like calling someone a nerd on the internet.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

And that's not to mention "WHO GIVES A CRAP WHAT DWIGHT WANTS IN THAT SITUATION?"

If he says "trade me to LA or I walk," there are two ways to handle it: 1) like everyone above me said, SEE YA LATER! And 2) trade him to a team that will give us assets back that we want (i.e. young players, draft picks, etc). We would have leverage in the latter's case. Dwight would not.

And that's not to mention "WHO GIVES A CRAP WHAT DWIGHT WANTS IN THAT SITUATION?"

If he says "trade me to LA or I walk," there are two ways to handle it: 1) like everyone above me said, SEE YA LATER! And 2) trade him to a team that will give us assets back that we want (i.e. young players, draft picks, etc). We would have leverage in the latter's case. Dwight would not.

Agree completely.

You want out? We'll let you go somewhere worthless like Minnesota.

Or we'll trade you for our best offer (that will actually help out our team).

I hope neither situation is what we're presented with, but trading Dwight for scrubs for the sake of "getting something back" isn't worth it.

• Upvote 1