Sign in to follow this  
barnettej

No Cav's Game Thread?

This must be how a game thread is structured and possibly responded to in a parallel universe. Thats quite disturbing.

Even without Lebron, the Cavs still find a way to gets us all riled up. Stupid Cavs.

BTW, I do sort of take back my "nothing of value" comments from last night. After I posted I found myself reading threads such as that on the MVP race, and I realized that there are several "valuable" discussions still going on.

As others have stated though, I really can't wait for the playoffs. Unless Miami tanks, we're not moving up in the standings, so lets just get it over with.

Click on a poster's name to see their profile. In their profile, click on "Display Name History"

Oh Cool ECHO...i thought you had disappeared too!

Who is captain Hi-Top and Lord Xanu? Or who were they on the other board... I Agree with some of what was said here about the ebb and flow of the team and the comments. I do agree with for the first 2 years of the board from jan 06- to around jan 08 there was a lot of good discussions... I remember coming here for every and any article that had info to read about the magic.

Now I dont even come here for any news i gotta go search the OS website or RGM or HoopsHype and NBA.com and others for anything Magic. When that died my home page went from being Orlandomagiczone.com back to Google again. I think that is one reason why it has died out. Thats my honest non finger pointing one reason among others that i think could be an issue.

Also Since i probably dont say it enough but reading LOD fan posts makes it worthwhile to visit here at least once or twice a day just for the hope that today might be the day to read an excellent article. I really enjoyed the 3 part auction write up.

I've also noticed that there really hasnt been any Magic related articles on the Sentinel other than JJ being injured and recaps of the games....are they being bullied on there as well? Its been mentioned before but we are after the trade deadline, the team is doing pretty much the same thing every game (there are only so many ways to say stop turning it over and play D), and we really aren't going to find out anything new about this team till the playoffs. There is a lull right now, it happens. I have noticed that there is more activity in the off topic section so people are still posting, there just isn't a lot of new things to discuss on the main forum.

During the course of this season we have set a record for the number of people logged on to this board at one time. The difference? There were things to talk about, beating the Cav's these days isn't exactly earth shattering.

With regard to people posting less, I post less now because work is really busy. When it's slower I post more often as I did prior to the last 2 months, that has nothing to do with anyone else on this board, however I will say that there are some comments/topics that annoy me to the point that I just don't even bother wasting my time responding. For example TMF's comment here is one that I would usually ignore but since my name was mentioned I responded. I ignored the last absurd comment she made as well about game threads not being her responsibility (as though someone said it was) and when she wacked out about people complimenting a signature I made. In fact, I feel as though she is bullying me and I'm highly offended at her being offended. I guess what I'm getting at is this board (and the world in general) would be a better place if people would stop searching for things to get upset about. Find a hobby, get a pet, read a book.

Well i mentioned you Marc!

Seriously though, even though work can play a part in less chat time... Yes on the OS there does seem to be less, But my comment was really reflected that even here the ppl who did scour the net and post the links don't do that much anymore. I don't regularly come here to find the latest news or tidbit of info as i used to.

And yes the OS is being cyber bullied by blogs and other news outlets that make buying or reading the local newspaper less of a necessity.

It has been over 12 hours since no game thread, yet an investigation hasn't been announced. Where are you, Obama?

Dude, we get it, you're a teabagger. Move on.

I've been on this board for a while, have been on the end of my fair share of "cyber-bullying" (which isn't even bullying if you say something stupid and someone calls you out for it... which I have on more than one occasion), and I have to say, compared to other forums I'm registered to, this one is by far the best managed, and most respectful to its members.

Yes, there might be a clique-y aspect to it, but that's human nature to group up with like-minded people; to be drawn to each other's heat like moths to a flame; to gently stroke another man's face and say "it's okay, friends do this all the time," only to learn that that friend recently hung himself because he couldn't handle the pressure of being ridiculed in society any longer.

My point is, your personal experience on this board goes hand-in-hand with how you present yourself. If you post like an idiot, you'll be treated like an idiot. If you post irreverently, you'll be treated with irreverent humor. If you try to talk about basketball related matters, then be ready to back it up (like BMP said).

Or just leave. Who cares? It's only the internet.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well i mentioned you Marc!

Seriously though, even though work can play a part in less chat time... Yes on the OS there does seem to be less, But my comment was really reflected that even here the ppl who did scour the net and post the links don't do that much anymore. I don't regularly come here to find the latest news or tidbit of info as i used to.

And yes the OS is being cyber bullied by blogs and other news outlets that make buying or reading the local newspaper less of a necessity.

That is true but what I've noticed in viewing various sites is there really isn't a lot of Magic related links out there at the moment. No real drama going on with the team like there is with Miami and NY, the new members are already settled in, no major injuries (to the outside world, they don't understand JJ's impact) so aside from recap's what is out there?

...We have a chatroom?

Apparently it's a members only kind of thing that is only open to select members, or, you know, anyone that clicks on the word "chat" up above (between Calendar and Search).

Apparently it's a members only kind of thing that is only open to select members, or, you know, anyone that clicks on the word "chat" up above (between Calendar and Search).

The chat is awful anyway I don't get what all the fuss is about. It's a bunch of morons talking nonsense with the occasional "HEDO" or "HOOOOOOOO MAAAN" or "Meer sucks!" thrown in.