Sign in to follow this  
Passenger57

Dwight Howard had previously been warned about time at free throw line

free throws are about rythum and routine more than anything else.

the longer a player takes higher the percentage that the player starts thinking about the situation.

dwights record would be a lot better if he got in to a short rythum and let the shot go to still be struggling when he shoots so many in the year shows its a combination of rythum and mental. he has the ability to shoot 100% from the stripe he did that against the spurs while we had everything going our way no pressure at all but put him in a slug fest and his struggles return.

i coached a kid in under 16s and he was a great free throw shooter 90% four dribbles and shot every time feet set body balanced.

as far as his comment ill still continue to do it im in agreeance with the bone head call as it is simply a bone head thing to say especally when he is the teams leader.

First of all - that call was horse crap. Howard continues to get denied the referee treatment other superstars get. In fact, it seems he gets targeted by the refs a lot.

Second of all - The new technical foul rules are beyond absurd. To think this is the same professional sport I've watched for many many years where players used to sprint up and chew out an official and not get a technical foul, to now days where they can call a tech for a player looking at them wrong. It's horrible. Players can barely show any emotion at all out there! Just a "hint of attitude" can be called a tech. Silly if you ask me.

Thirdly - I'd like Dwight to just shutup and play the game. It's obvious these refs are gonna call silly technical fouls and other silly fouls, so just refrain, help your team, and play. I don't know of a superstar that can just play the game and not complain every time down the floor. I think if a superstar player could just play and never confront a ref in any way, it would go a long way to getting some favorable calls. I'd like to see Dwight try it.

• Downvote 1

I don't have a problem at all with the new rules. The problem is the refs choose and act differently (and of course they play their little games) so it's inconsistent.

that said, Dwight needs to shutup and just work on his FT's.

• Upvote 1

there are so many funky routines in the nba, it is funny they get on dwight's case.

maybe they should not call fouls for dwight, since he can't make them anyway.

i am yet to see a flagrant foul called on somebody hacking dwight on the neck/head.

just today, artest put lebron's head in a lock, and lebron threw a punch, all on abc.

but the announcers were mute, afraid to say lebron threw a punch.

oh, the double standards..

MA

Dwight has brought the scrutiny on himself.

His long-ass routine isn't working anyway, maybe just catching and shooting will give him more rhythm and a higher percentage, who knows?

He's an idiot if he doesn't speed up already.

• Upvote 1

First of all - that call was horse crap. Howard continues to get denied the referee treatment other superstars get. In fact, it seems he gets targeted by the refs a lot.

Second of all - The new technical foul rules are beyond absurd. To think this is the same professional sport I've watched for many many years where players used to sprint up and chew out an official and not get a technical foul, to now days where they can call a tech for a player looking at them wrong. It's horrible. Players can barely show any emotion at all out there! Just a "hint of attitude" can be called a tech. Silly if you ask me.

Thirdly - I'd like Dwight to just shutup and play the game. It's obvious these refs are gonna call silly technical fouls and other silly fouls, so just refrain, help your team, and play. I don't know of a superstar that can just play the game and not complain every time down the floor. I think if a superstar player could just play and never confront a ref in any way, it would go a long way to getting some favorable calls. I'd like to see Dwight try it.

How can he just shut up when he's taken the same **** for more than 5 seasons. I really don't care if he gets technical anymore. I just don't want him to kill anyone.

My problem was with the technical. Dwight rolls the ball away and gets a technical immediately. Meanwhile, Pierce gets stripped, screams at the ref and throws a fist in his direction, continues to jaw at the official down to play defense and into Bostons next possession and only THEN gets rung up. That is ridiculous.

I've heard opposing fans count Dwight on a couple occasions. It was never called obviously, but it brought out the fact that he does take a long time. In one attempt, the crowd got to 15. I love Dwight, but he really should speed it up unless it's going to drop his percentage even further.