Sign in to follow this  
NickAnderson

Arenas Trade in Talks with Magic?

partypoison was curran. he needs to go back to work detailing airplanes.

but how will we be able to enjoy the games if we don't know how it plays out in NBA 2k11 first?

A little more on this thread:

A league source said on Wednesday that the Magic is open to making roster upgrades, with targets including Chris Paul, Carmelo Anthony and Arenas, given his connection with Magic General Manager Otis Smith. The Wizards contacted the Magic last summer about trading Arenas for Vince Carter's expiring contract, but the conversation didn't get very far. The source, though, said the talks were never totally dead.

Ben Q. Rock then responded:

These reports seem to indicate that these talks are fluid and ongoing, and the clubs may revisit them; you'll forgive me for being skeptical that they've truly died. Instead, I'm more inclined to believe--and this is only my inference--that a trade built around Arenas and Vince Carter may happen as the February deadline approaches.

My personal opinion is that this is a very responsible website.....they rarely post trade rumors of their own....which leads me to believe Ben must have spoken to someone very prominent in the organization to post this.

We'll see....

http://www.orlandopinstripedpost.com/2010/12/1/1849887/orlando-magic-washington-wizards-deny-gilbert-arenas-trade-rumor

I've never been a fan of OPP/3QC. They don't really know their ****.

That being said, if we ever trade vince or shard for Arenas I want Otis fired. I get the idea that Lewis might be Pat Garrity for the last two years of his career but I'd rather cross that bridge when we come to it than make the present situation worse. It makes no sense to trade for a guy without having a role for him. 12 shots a game doesn't make Arenas Valuable at all. If that's our game plan we'd just be better off letting Jameer shoot more.

• Upvote 2

My personal opinion is that this is a very responsible website.....they rarely post trade rumors of their own....which leads me to believe Ben must have spoken to someone very prominent in the organization to post this.

one of the better logics I have encountered on this board.

I've never been a fan of OPP/3QC. They don't really know their ****.

That being said, if we ever trade vince or shard for Arenas I want Otis fired. I get the idea that Lewis might be Pat Garrity for the last two years of his career but I'd rather cross that bridge when we come to it than make the present situation worse. It makes no sense to trade for a guy without having a role for him. 12 shots a game doesn't make Arenas Valuable at all. If that's our game plan we'd just be better off letting Jameer shoot more.

Amen. Arenas is a player who can score a lot of points, but he needs a lot of shots to do it. He wouldn't fit in well here at all. Otis would be foolish to trade for him.

That list of players reads like a "which of these doesn't belong here, which of these is not like the others" type question.

Lol... now you just gotta sing the song