Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Toronto @ Orlando, Orlando @ New Jersey Super Game Thread 11/12 & 11/13

This is a very good loss for the Magic. Possibly the worst team in all of basketball comes in and beats you on your home floor. Very humbling. Very embarrassing.

If this don't wake these guys up nothing will.

Dwight is going to lose this team a bunch of games with his free throw shooting.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Disappointing game. I'm very impressed with Dwight's offensive improvement, but there's no way we can win if he's going to shoot FTs this poorly. Very poor decision making out there on the court by our guys, and as a team the FT% has now cost us two games. I'm mostly very disappointed in us underachieving the way we are. From the opening tip we should have made it very clear to Toronto they can not compete with us, and we failed to do that.

I'm more upset at the **** talking I have to endure than the actual loss. Still pretty pathetic all around performance defensively. It's sad to think if it weren't for Pietrus making 8 threes we may have actually been blown out.

My take on this lose:

The good:

* Pietrus shot himself back into the lineup, it was not his fault that no-one got open on the inbounds.

* Nelson Played well.

The Bad:

* Howard has to check his ego. The dude is all about offense now. He has lost his heart and hustle to rebounding and help defense.

* Lewis is just not getting involved on offense.

* Q-Rich still putting up shots when someone is on him. I also think Van Gundy stays too long with him.

* Van Gundy still making some bad rotations, and still is not using Lewis correctly.

* What the hell was going on with that inbounds????

* Team defense is terrible, slow on rotations.

Its not the end of the world, but Van Gundy needs to get Howard back to doing what he should be able to do best: Rebounding, blocking shots, and clogging the lane. The magic play much better team wise when he does those things. Van Gundy also needs to work out how to use Lewis to his potential.

Bring on Nets. This next game will be important. Howard should aim to get 20rbs.