Sign in to follow this  
gporter

Hakeem & Dwight Training Session 2010

True, Yao didn't look hampered by his foot, but when was the last time he played a game in the NBA? Not to take away from what Dwight showed last night, because I don't think it would have mattered who was guarding him, but Yao hasn't played in forever.

I think that actually strengthens the case for Dwight's performance. If Yao had played the whole game, and Dwight had spread out the performance throughout the game, Yao's rust would have shown through more. I think Dwight playing very well right from the beginning, when Yao was still fresh, speaks volumes.

nah i think Barkley was 6'6, built like Joey Dorsey or Gani Lawal. Dwight's only 6'9. Keem was listed at 7'0 so i think anything less than 6'9 would be insulting to the public.

hakeem is 6 ft 10 dwight said that he and hakeem are undersized centers

Howard needs to stay consistent with this moves and try them on all games, even if the shot or move isn't working.

Great find. Glad to see that video. Howard looked great last night!

This right here is most important. Dwight has always had a little bit of these kinda moves in him but the problem was if it didn't work once he didn't stay with it. He would go back to his power and strength which was always his ace in the hole. But if he can continue to do this each and every game day in day out and not worry about missing or hurting his FG% (which remember he takes a very large amount of pride in) then I will start to believe.

I wonder if this will help his FT% at all. Just learning that touch and softness may carry to that part of his game as well. Unfortunately that is still the chink in his armor more then anything, with sometimes being a bit to aggressive on some silly fouls. For Dwight to truly be unstoppable those two things have to be worked out as well.

I forget which part of the video, but Hakeem ends up telling Dwight to "move quickly." I've mentioned that for YEARS, and if that can truly resonate with Dwight after hearing it from a legend, then that alone is, imo, the most important part of that vid.

• Upvote 1

I forget which part of the video, but Hakeem ends up telling Dwight to "move quickly." I've mentioned that for YEARS, and if that can truly resonate with Dwight after hearing it from a legend, then that alone is, imo, the most important part of that vid.

Agreed. If Dwight ever makes that catch-spin baseline simultaneously move in a game I will wet my pants.

I also want to state once again just how beautiful that and-1 move was by Dwight. Hit 2 jumpers, saw Yao leaning forward, froze him with a pumpfake and a jab step, then blew right by him. Being able to string moves together like that is, in my opinion, the most exciting aspect of Dwight's development.

• Upvote 1

Best. Youtube. Ever. If Dwight starts making that fadeaway jumper in the lane.. then there might as well be a lockout in 2011 anyway because this is OVER.

By the way, henceforth Hakeem Olajuwon shall be known as "Master Splinter." LOL.