Sign in to follow this  
siradam134

J.J. Redick & Bill Simmons

But what if he signs for the MLE comes back and sucks again. Unlikely, but Gortat almost lost the value he once had, well he lost some, although being a big man, a serviceable one is rare.

a 6'5" Guard who runs and shoots well, well there's tons of those out there..as role players not stars. So I don't think it would be the same...

isn't this nice, some what of smart basketball talk..lol smile_shardhappy.png

quote:
Originally posted by The Magics KG:

If JJ goes and Vince(somehow) goes, who do you think we'll bring in?, i quite like Salmons, has he signed a contract with the bucks yet?

Why do you even say this

I believe Redick is worth mid-level money, but not for the full length. If there was any way that we could get him for the midlevel but at 3 years w/team option on the last that would be ideal for our flexibility-that would allow it to expire 2012/13 which is the same year Shard's contract expires even if we pick up his team option. That way, we can completely retool as needed(if needed).

That all being said, I believe Redick's stock is high. And I believe he will go to a winner. The question I have is whether Redick is still improving as a player. The quick answer would be yes, because of his relative lack of PT. Its not like he is maxing out on minutes per game, so he could in theory continue to improve his stats, which is alomst everything when it comes to securing your next contract.

I would like to see him improve his mid-range game, which is already pretty decent from a shooting perspective. If he could concentrate on improving his ball handling in the midrange( in traffic) along with initial penetration from the perimeter then he could become a real weapon on offense.

I was on a chicago board last week and there is definite fan interest in bringing Redick there-which I found to be completely random. Not that the fans have any say but it's funny to hear how much interest he is getting now.

My name requires me to post.

I, for one, would like to keep Redick. I think he's a valuable asset to our team, both from a shooting standpoint, and an IQ standpoint.

Dude just understands the game of basketball, and he always makes smart plays.

Do I think a player like that is worth the MLE? Sure, but not at the expense of crippling us financially, making it difficult to acquire more proven all-stars, or better overall players.

I would adore seeing my boy back in a Magic uni. But I would also like us to do whatever we can to improve our team so we can win a championship under Dwight's reign.

I'm a Magic fan first, a Redick fan next.

If we let him go, and NOT procure better players this offseason? Then, I will leave the boards.

quote:
Originally posted by 30Assists:

I think there'll be enough teams out there with money to burn that WON'T win the LeBron/Bosh/Wade lottery, that money will get thrown at role-players like JJ ('Shard, anyone?).

There was no indication prior to his signing, and two seasons following, that suggested Rashard was just a "role player". Now? Maybe. But he was/is an allstar level player, even if he is overpaid.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

You are all forgetting what is really important to get from this thread is that Jareth will leave if JJ gets the full MLE so we can only hope...

He didn't specify what forum he'll leave though.

Besides, he has a ton of other accounts to use smile_shardhappy.png

jj has a lot of value to the magic in many areas. on and off the court. he puts people in the seats. he is well liked in orlando which is a huge asset. i see the magic doing everything possible to keep him. i personally hope he stays and believe he will only leave if it is to a good organization with a chance win.

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

jj has a lot of value to the magic in many areas. on and off the court. he puts people in the seats. he is well liked in orlando which is a huge asset. i see the magic doing everything possible to keep him. i personally hope he stays and believe he will only leave if it is to a good organization with a chance win.

Agreed. I like that Redick has done whatever it takes to get playing time and improve his game.

That being said, a career in the NBA can be short lived and if there is a suitor offering a good long term deal, it has to be a serious consideration to him, no matter the situation.

i agree somewhat nat, and it will be interesting. however i do not think he would go to a really poor team for more money unless it was a starting position with a lot more money. you are right in that he would have to consider it.

Ray Allen has said that he wants to remain a Celtic. He will probably resign for a similar amount to the MLE.

The team to watch out for, IMO, are the Lakers. His play fits right into the Triangle. He could very well start ahead of Fisher.