Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Magic going in for Chris Paul

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

You guys realize VC for Hinrich/Foye/Thornton is a great trade.

We've become to infatuated with the Chris Paul thing that we are setting our expectations too high.

Barnes is gone. Thornton steps in. We have scoring at the 3.

JJ possibly goes. We get Foye, a guy who could create his own shot and is a playmaker.

Hinrich is the defensive minded PG we all want and have been wanting for quite some time.

All this for VC. That's quality trade, just maybe not as sexy/

You didn't answer the one question everyone is asking about the trade, who's putting the ball in the hoop?

I'm with Jareth here. Guys Vince looked done in the Boston series. Unless you are ThuglifeJ you should realize that by now.

Anything we can get for him would be gravy and I think this trade will not be made until everything shakes out with everything else.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:

We've become to infatuated with the Chris Paul thing that we are setting our expectations too high.

JJ possibly goes. We get Foye, a guy who could create his own shot and is a playmaker.

Hinrich is the defensive minded PG we all want and have been wanting for quite some time.

You didn't answer the one question everyone is asking about the trade, who's putting the ball in the hoop?

Yeah you're right. And I guess we forgot Lewis, Nelson, and Howard would still be on the team. icon_rolleyes.gif

Did you sleep OK last night?

quote:

The trade isn't bad by any means, but it's all role players, only brought in to replace role players. I call it a lateral move. If we don't get another star this summer, this offseason is a bust IMO.

Yeah, as Magical said earlier in the summer, the Magic like Thornton a lot. Foye was once thought of as part of the core in Minnesota, and Hinrich is a guy every Jameer basher has been drooling over for years.

Not sure how that trade could work.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yeah you're right. And I guess we forgot Lewis, Nelson, and Howard would still be on the team. icon_rolleyes.gif

Did you sleep OK last night?

I haven't slept, maybe that's the problem.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Yeah, as Magical said earlier in the summer, the Magic like Thornton a lot. Foye was once thought of as part of the core in Minnesota, and Hinrich is a guy every Jameer basher has been drooling over for years.

Not sure how that trade could work.

And we all know Magical is the symbol of trustworthiness.

Just kidding, rev... keep us posted.

Rev, don't take this as a knock. I think you might feel that I'm trying to tear you down in every post, but I'm not (last night in he chat, maybe. But the adrenaline was flowing lol).

But if Magical said it's a done deal, don't you think it would be a done deal. I mean, do you think he just jumped the gun or what?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:

It's only $60mil if you buy him out.What I was referring to as "petty" was not taking on Okafor at all. There's 28 other teams (not including ORL and NO), somebody will take him.

Nice attempt at twisting words around though, you have a future in cable news.

I didn't twist anything. Look what you just posted and maybe stop thinking that you know what you are talking about.

Okay, so now we're leaving words out instead of twisting them. You're a tool.

Ahh..nice, you are in personal insult world now because you are frustrated with being wrong. Nice.

If we take on Okafor it could limit getting more players this summer until a trade was made next year to potentially move Okafor. Barring injury or him sucking it up and killing his value.

It only makes sense to do a 3 way trade NOW with another team so this does not happen.

I'm not frustrated with being wrong, I'm frustrated with you twisting what I say to make yourself sound correct. Just because Ball Junkie is gone doesn't mean you have to take his place in doing that.

I didn't twist anything. You are under the impression that our draft sucked, and acquiring a guy like CP3 is a real easy process that should have been done by last night. Both things are completely wrong and naive.

But I guess you "know basketball" and not numbers and business, so that makes it all ok.

I'm with Jareth in this one.

It's not the trade everyone would dream, but it adds a lot of dept. And there's no guarantee all three players would be in a Magic uniform next year, we could still use any of them in another trade along with Gortat/Bass etc.

The only thing I havent't really understand (maybe it was already discussed, but this thread is a monster) it's how we could talk about trading Hinrich if he isn't even officialy a Wizard until 7 july.

quote:

It will be sexy, when we are able to lift the hardware at the end of the season...this is a good deal, but is it just rumor or does this thing have legs?

quote:

Rev, don't take this as a knock. I think you might feel that I'm trying to tear you down in every post, but I'm not (last night in he chat, maybe. But the adrenaline was flowing lol).

But if Magical said it's a done deal, don't you think it would be a done deal. I mean, do you think he just jumped the gun or what?

He said it was "agreed on", which is not entirely the same. And he did not jump the gun, but someone else closer to the situation did. Does not mean it is not going to happen.