Soul Bro

Buh-Bye, Cleveland

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by dreamingincolors:

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

Has anyone noticed the roles are reversed from last year to this. Last year the cavs swept through two weak teams at record pace and Orlando had to claw through a tough opener and trailed the Celts 3-2 in the second round. We all know what happened from that point. Lets hope our team understands their own history and dont let the Cavs or Celts any opportunity based on overconfidence.

Is it really a role reversal?

-This year Orlando is the #2 seed, last year Cleveland was #1 (and #1 last year).

-This year Magic swept Bobcats, one of the best, if not the best defensive team in the league and #7 seed...last year Cavs swept the Pistons which were the #8 seed (last year Magic played the Sixers the 6th seed).

-This year Magic swept an improved Hawks 3rd seeded team). Last year Cleveland swept the Hawks, #4 seeded team.

-Last year Magic played against Boston Celtics, #2 seeded team. Yes, without Garnett and the Magic were also without Jameer. This year the Cavs are playing #4 seeded Boston team.

So, truly the only thing that is similar in this postseason from last year is that Orlando have swept the first two rounds, but they played harder opponents, because of the playoff seeding, then Cleveland did.

Not to mention Cleveland HAD HCA against Boston... the Magic did not.

So much is different. The Magic's offensive and defensive. Rosters, including coaching staff. Just everything.

It's just another in a long line of ****amamie ideologies some people have developed to undermine the success of the Magic.

quote:
Originally posted by TreyTime:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

1. Even though Cleveland is playing like crap, would still rather play Boston. We'd have home court and not have to play 5 on 8.

If Stern is the puppet master, why wouldn't he pull the strings to have a Lakers vs Celtics series? Remember everyone's collective boner over that in 2008? I don't get your logic.

The way Stern sees it:

Lakers/Celtics = Collective boner

Lakers/LeBron = Collective orgasm

Right, so how would us vs. the Celtics be 5 on 5? If you are right, and Stern pays the officials to call the game in favorable of the more marketable team, then your point makes no sense.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

1. Even though Cleveland is playing like crap, would still rather play Boston. We'd have home court and not have to play 5 on 8.

If Stern is the puppet master, why wouldn't he pull the strings to have a Lakers vs Celtics series? Remember everyone's collective boner over that in 2008? I don't get your logic.

The way Stern sees it:

Lakers/Celtics = Collective boner

Lakers/LeBron = Collective orgasm

Right, so how would us vs. the Celtics be 5 on 5? If you are right, and Stern pays the officials to call the game in favorable of the more marketable team, then your point makes no sense.

Trey never says anything that makes sense.

When someone explains me how is possible that Boobie Gibson does not get any minute in that team while he has "The Worst All-Star ever" Mo ahead, I think I will start to comprehend the logic in that brain of yours, Mikey Brown.

quote:
Originally posted by barnettej:

cavsfish00.jpg

I was going to ask why Lebron wasn't in the picture with them, but I think it's cause he's about to snap the pic then run to catch the flight to NY.

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

When someone explains me how is possible that Boobie Gibson does not get any minute in that team while he has "The Worst All-Star ever" Mo ahead, I think I will start to comprehend the logic in that brain of yours, Mikey Brown.

Yeah, definitely. More minutes for one of the worst guards in the league should solve the problem!

well when they got jamison it was all about beating us and us alone good thing for boston they were not really on clevelands radiar.

That was shocking. I know Jackson was beating it to death but Lebron couldn't get rid of the ball fast enough last night and when he drove he was driving to pass rather than to take contact and get to the line. The strangest thing of all was what happened at the end of the game, has anyone ever seen a team in an elimination game elect to not foul to extend the game?? That entire team quit in every way possible they should have to go door to door and apologize to every Cleveland fan and while they are at it Mike Brown should have to give back his COY award. I would also request a new NBA rule stating that no broadcaster can ever refer to Mo Williams as an all-star again.

I wonder what team Shaq will go to next year to "help put them over the top?" Enjoy your vacation moron.