ball junkie

With Nelson (20-12)...With J. Will (13-4) Sentinel

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:
Originally posted by Kberto:

Rafer Alston.

Obviously.

It's always cute when you get out of school and come home and start posting.

hehehe hahaha, you're a tub of lard.

quote:
Originally posted by ball junkie:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Miller4Prez64:

I'm going to get blasted....but I like JWill more than Jameer. This team would benefit so much with a real PG and JWill is the closest thing to a real PG. The thing I love the most about his game is the fact he hardly ever turns over the ball while Jameer is good for a handful of them a night. Too bad he's old as dirt.

I don't think we'll win a championship with either starting, I hope we look to replace Jameer in the future.

The only thing JWill has over Jameer is his assist to turnover ratio. That's it.

And that is a very important factor!!!...Especially the turnover thing...just read Stan's comments in the article that started this thread.

Look, I can't speak for others but I'm not trying to say Jason Williams should be the man...everybody knows he can't handle big minutes.

But what if we had a PG that played like J. Will but was younger?

I hope the organization takes that into consideration moving forward...I just don't have faith or confidence in Nelson to take us to the promised land...and especially since he hasn't been healthy since last February.

Luke Ridnour

If this has been mentioned already, I apologize, because I was only able to get through the 2nd page of this thread before my brain simply said: "Stop. It hurts"

Jwill pushes the ball at a far greater pace than Jameer. I don't know whether it's because Jameer can't sustain a high level of pace for extended periods of time, or if he's simply more accustomed to a half-court style of play, but he's typically reluctant to push the ball on most occasions.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

If this has been mentioned already, I apologize, because I was only able to get through the 2nd page of this thread before my brain simply said: "Stop. It hurts"

Jwill pushes the ball at a far greater pace than Jameer. I don't know whether it's because Jameer can't sustain a high level of pace for extended periods of time, or if he's simply more accustomed to a half-court style of play, but he's typically reluctant to push the ball on most occasions.

It was said.

And it's true, but Jameer was starting to pushing it too in the last few games, before the setback. Different styles, both of them could be effective, and in the playoffs, the pace is usally slower.

Doesn't a fast pace somewhat negate the advantage we have in Dwight? I mean, sure, if he runs the entire game, he'll beat the opposing center down the court. But he's the best center in the game, and is best utilized in the half-court, not to mention the defensive benefits of having the ability to grind it out in the half court.

It would be like using cartoony Nintendo-style graphics on a PS3. Yeah, it will work unbelievably well, but it isn't fully utilizing the capabilities.

I think we play 10000 times better with J Will. EVERYTHING goes better, we play some real good bball. When Jameer is playing everything is slowed down to a horrible pace, the ball doesnt move, everything is sloppy and we turn the ball over.

N then theres the defense where he gives up career nights to everyone.

Jameer is in no way shape or form capable of leading this team anywhere.

Ill eat my words I have no problem with that.

I'm being completly honest. Jameer is bad. He's a good guard for a team that needs some 1v1 pull up jumper scoring thats about it.

He was good last year becuz he couldnt miss a shot. This year that's not the case

If you think Jason Williams' defense is any better than Jameer's, I have some Brett Favre Vikings Championship merchandise to sell you.

BTW, what does 'anywhere' mean? I mean, technically, he could lead this team to the lottery and still be leading them somewhere, right?

It's actually 13-4 with Jwill and whatever with Nelson. Jwill is actually having the best percentage shooting year of his career and his +- numbers are outstanding. These numbers actually don't lie and the truth is the truth. Again, being a Jwill fan, I still don't think he should start and play 30+ min. I do think he should finish, being that he gives the team a much better flow and tempo. Remember, it ain't how you start, it's how you finish.

OK, I was curious, so I did some digging:

http://www.82games.com/0910/09ORL1.HTM

Look at the bottom of the page at the on court / off court stats.

Defense is negligible. No difference.

Now, the offense does average more points per 100 possession with JWill at the helm, and they actually shoot 3% better overall. However, the percentage of those shots that are assisted when Williams is in is lower than when Jameer is in.

Not sure what this all means, perhaps it is a result of Williams pushing the tempo more, thereby getting more shots?