Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

It begs the question, who's gonna be the odd man out?

quote:
Originally posted by JT Jag:

240 minutes to go around. This is the setup I'd go with, assuming everyone is healthy.

- Dwight Howard: 38 minutes

- Rashard Lewis: 35 minutes

- Vince Carter: 34 minutes

- Jameer Nelson: 31 minutes

- Ryan Anderson: 28 minutes

- Mikhail Pietrus: 28 minutes

- Brandon Bass: 20 minutes

- Matt Barnes: 17 minutes

- Jason Williams: 16 minutes

- JJ Redick: 15 minutes

- Marcin Gortat: 12 minutes

This actually adds up to 274 minutes, 34 more than there is in a game. But these are more upper bounds than anything else. Playing time will fluctuate based on the opponent, the score, the foul situation et al.

Nice break down....

I am excited to see us play the Celtics. It will be interesting to see how effectively Barnes can guard Pierce. Also, I think Bass will be a huge factor in those games.

Against the Cavs I see Anderson getting more PT since he can really stretch the floor and you really don't have to worry about Verejao driving on him. Man I just thought of this Lebron will have to start out the game against Pietrus and then once he leaves the game he will face Barnes. That's two real difficult defenders.

I love RA and have been spruiking him since trade day, but he'll average closer to 20 than 30.

He's effective in bursts when the D can't adjust to him jacking the long ball.

Also his footwork must improve on the Defensive end before big minutes.

Not a bad break down though.

My opinion would be get the starters off as soon as it's in the bag, no more leaving them out this year SVG. Especially VC.

I love Barnes but Id have to say him or JJ. Barnes hasnt shown he fits in our system yet, but hes done fine. Like we all kno he can ball n is a good distributor. Mabye SVG could switch them each game like one game JJ backs up VC n Barnes out. Another game Barnes backs up Shard at the 3 n pietrus at the 2. Idk thats confusing but I want them both to get playing time..

liek this

1st set up

Nelson/J Will

Carter/Pietrus

Lewis/Barnes

Anderson/Bass

Howard/Gortat

2nd set up

Nelson/J Will

Carter/Redick

Lewis/Pietrus

Anderson/Bass

Howard/Gortat

quote:
Originally posted by ThuglifeJ:

I love Barnes but Id have to say him or JJ. Barnes hasnt shown he fits in our system yet, but hes done fine. Like we all kno he can ball n is a good distributor. Mabye SVG could switch them each game like one game JJ backs up VC n Barnes out. Another game Barnes backs up Shard at the 3 n pietrus at the 2. Idk thats confusing but I want them both to get playing time..

liek this

1st set up

Nelson/J Will

Carter/Pietrus

Lewis/Barnes

Anderson/Bass

Howard/Gortat

2nd set up

Nelson/J Will

Carter/Redick

Lewis/Pietrus

Anderson/Bass

Howard/Gortat

I highly doubt Lewis will be starting at the three when he comes back.

No No No guys, If you could see me I'd say read my lips. JJ is the backup 2 guard on this team with this current roster. When Vince comes out of the game, Redick will take his place. Vince will need rest during portions of every game. The way JJ has improved he will play the 20-25 mins. that Carter will need to rest. We're 3-0. JJ played over 20 min the first two game and we won by double digits. He scored 27 today and we won without MP and Vince and Shard. Geeesh! The kid has started to play the way Otis knew he could when he drafted him. Give him his due credit and be happy for him. The hate is stifling.

GO MAGIC!!!!

Stan thinks JJ is our second best defensive perimeter player, that means he's not going to get benched, because Stan loves D.

The way it's looking now, Barnes will be the odd man out.

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

No No No guys, If you could see me I'd say read my lips. JJ is the backup 2 guard on this team with this current roster. When Vince comes out of the game, Redick will take his place. Vince will need rest during portions of every game. The way JJ has improved he will play the 20-25 mins. that Carter will need to rest. We're 3-0. JJ played over 20 min the first two game and we won by double digits. He scored 27 today and we won without MP and Vince and Shard. Geeesh! The kid has started to play the way Otis knew he could when he drafted him. Give him his due credit and be happy for him. The hate is stifling.

GO MAGIC!!!!

I'm still waiting for you to name 5 of the many many people who want to play people out of position so Redick won't get playing time.

Either do that, or at least have the decency to admit how big an asshat you are.

quote:
Originally posted by 135BPM+:

GO MAGIC!!!!

You think JJ and Vince are going to have equal playing time? Does PEC have two accounts on here?

quote:
Originally posted by Osprey23:

Stan thinks JJ is our second best defensive perimeter player, that means he's not going to get benched, because Stan loves D.

The way it's looking now, Barnes will be the odd man out.

No one else on the team can play the 2/3/4 swing role off the bench like Barnes can. Redick, meanwhile, can only play SG. And we already have a better 2/3 guy off the bench in Pietrus. Barnes offers value in his versatility and broad skillset, and I don't think you can bench that.

And JJ just isn't a defensive playmaker. Just one steal so far this year, which is right on pace with his career average of less than a third of a steal per game. Barnes, meanwhile, gets a block or a steal every game, at least.