Sign in to follow this  
datmagic

is Dwight Howard the next Admiral?

I hate these comparisons..

Dwight Howard is the next..Dwight Howard no more no less. Comparing yourself and or your game to someone else, in this case and all-star, champion hall of famer, will just put more pressure on you that you don't need.

Dwight just needs to be Dwight.

Besides their games is different, they are different athletes. The only thing you can compare are numbers, and that's stupid because I am sure you can compare other players, in different positions that might have similar numbers. But you'll never compare a SG to a C like this.

Legends and All-Stars make a name for themselves and they are never remembered as the next anything. They end their careers as unique players.

Blocks and rebounds are down from 10 to 15 years ago, so you cannot compare those numbers right now.

I love Robinson, but I believe that Dwight will be a better player in the end. He'll keep getting the Defensive Player of the Year until they get tired of giving it to him.

One of the biggest things Robinson had going for him was extreme discipline, which stemmed from his time with the Navy. If Dwight had that kind of training and background, I shudder to think what he would be capable of.

Yeah as far a s comparisons go even though I hate doing it this is a good one. dwight definitely has more upside than Robinson did, but whether he reaches that or not is up to him. David Robinson did have better intangibles though.

Comparisons arent too good..David Robinson could shoot pretty good..I say Dwight is more of a more atheletic Alonzo Mourning..Dwights not all that tall, so media comparing him to Shaq is silly to me, Shaq looks big next to Dwight & anybody else..But at the end of the day he's the first Dwight Howard.

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Dwight Howard is the next..Dwight Howard no more no less.

If I had a dime for every time I've said that, I'd probably have like, 50 cents.

quote:
Originally posted by ThisIsTheYear:

quote:
Originally posted by davcivic:

Dwight Howard is the next..Dwight Howard no more no less.

If I had a dime for every time I've said that, I'd probably have like, 50 cents.

And if I had a nickel for every time I heard or read someone say that, well

I'd be making money in a very strange way.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

You would struggle to find two centers who had less in common as players.

Exactly.

This is the equivalent of taking Oscar Robertson's numbers and comparing them to Lebron. Their games were/are nothing alike, despite the numbers. At all.