Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

OH SNAP! Otis tells the Blazers they caught a break not signing Turkoglu

quote:
After Hedo Turkoglu backed out of a verbal agreement with Portland in order to sign with the Raptors, many felt the Blazers let a top player slip away.

But Orlando Magic general manager Otis Smith didn't agree.

In a conversation with Blazers' general manager Kevin Pritchard, Smith told Pritchard that he had "caught a break" with Turkoglu signing elsewhere and made it clear the Blazers "weren't missing out on anything," sources tell RealGM's Alex Kennedy.

Smith didn't feel that Turkoglu was worth the five-year, $50 million Portland was ready to spend.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_...break_with_turkoglu/

quote:
After Hedo Turkoglu backed out of a verbal agreement with Portland in order to sign with the Raptors, many felt the Blazers let a top player slip away.

But Orlando Magic general manager Otis Smith didn't agree.

In a conversation with Blazers' general manager Kevin Pritchard, Smith told Pritchard that he had "caught a break" with Turkoglu signing elsewhere and made it clear the Blazers "weren't missing out on anything," sources tell RealGM's Alex Kennedy.

Smith didn't feel that Turkoglu was worth the five-year, $50 million Portland was ready to spend.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_...break_with_turkoglu/

Otis is great if this is true. Or even if not actually...lol.

I know I got roasted by some when we did not trade Hedo last year for a higher draft pick, but if you still do not think it was discussed, think again.

TOR overpiad for Hedo. Plain and simple. The guy is a very good ball player for 7-8 a year at most.

I would have to agree with Otis. Hedo got away with alot because we have Dwight to clean up his garbage.

Turk was able to play a little more free here, now that he wont have a "great" center, he will have to be alot more conservative, or he will lose many games.

We need a "true" wing player that can get his own shots without the pick and roll...

Vince Carter is that man, which will be allowed to play free, because no one is going to leave Dwight alone...

Were a better team without Turk, I will miss him, but his departure wasnt a show stopper...

Vince Carter, on the other hand really tipped the East our way.

I seriously doubt this is true, Otis almost never trashes former players. Especially one that was popular with current players in the locker room.

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

I seriously doubt this is true, Otis almost never trashes former players. Especially one that was popular with current players in the locker room.

Yeah I doubt this is true and considering it comes from real GM makes me believe it less. If it is true Otis should not be such a hypocrite, I know of one contract he made that is far worse.

Buuu Bu But......according to teh ESPN.... teh Turk is teh bests Free Agent in teh NBA. He was ranked number one he is. And according to teh CAVS boardz...withs out teh Turk, they will beat us this year with out no problem. They say teh Turk was r Franchize playa. And day say teh Vince Carter is injury prone, cantz pass, and is a chucker who playz no D.