Sign in to follow this  
Magicman28

Heres a new one

quote:
The Mavs confirmed that the Orlando Magic has contacted Mavs assistant coach Sam Vincent about their head coaching job.

Doesn't surprise me that B.Hill will get the boot sooner or later its just a matter of time. The sentinel has been feeding us bs since day one saying that he might be here next year.

Ownership is just waiting to find the right replacement so it can all be announced at once with the arena deal being sealed...

I really don't mind the approach of going with an unknown. Yeh, it would be wise to go with available and known coaches but I like the fresh idea. I've always liked the idea of taking someone fresh, with educated risk. Meaning he has a good background and fits the mold of what your looking for in a coach.

quote:
Originally posted by nbr3345:

I really don't mind the approach of going with an unknown. Yeh, it would be wise to go with available and known coaches but I like the fresh idea. I've always liked the idea of taking someone fresh, with educated risk. Meaning he has a good background and fits the mold of what your looking for in a coach.

You know NBR, after reading you post, I can see the point in going "New", iif the arena deal is done, that would be new, with a "new" young and hungry coach, with something to prove, would be "new" which of course makes for a "new" young and hungry Magic team, hopefully with attitude!!!!!

His Magic roots count for something, and one of the other things about him, he has been paying his dues, coaching in Africa, and I think many of the minor leagues too. He may be a find, and we are not the only ones looking at him either......HHHMMMMMMMMMM???

So, do we want Donovan, or Sam Vincent, who has successfully coached and African woman's team to victory over Korea.

I really think that this is just one more indication that the Magic are being innovative and thorough in their look for BHill's replacement.

I believe that I have just entered the "Anybody but Brian Hill" zone.

Odd, I called in to 740theteam morning show to ask them about this story and Brian Schmidtz blew it off as being false.

So who is lying then, the Texas paper which reported it from their Mavs sources or the Magic beat reporter who might be getting scooped?

Hey Magic28, when you start a new thread on a new coaching prospect try to include his name in the thread topic.

Lately, for obvious reasons, there have been numerous coaching candidate threads popping up.

I started a thread on Sam Vincent this morning cause to me your thread just looked like another random thread and name. If his name was included in the title I would not have posted mine.

As most do I don't click on most threads unless it peaks my interest.

quote:
Odd, I called in to 740theteam morning show to ask them about this story and Brian Schmidtz blew it off as being false.

Brian Shmidtz is an ******* that only spits out lies and propaganda in the slatinel. Hopefully he is on his way out too with B.Hill.

Typical Management trying to be cheap. Get a proven coach already... Adelman where you at buddy come on down to the Sunny O town...

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

So who is lying then, the Texas paper which reported it from their Mavs sources or the Magic beat reporter who might be getting scooped?

Very interesting Bhnole....I will be watching intently to see the title of Schmitz's next Magic blog.

Not sure what the Mavs press have to gain from making this stuff up, unless they are looking for anything and everything to divert attention from their first round exit.

I have to admit that Vincent's name seems a bit "out of nowhere," at least for me. If we are considering him, why don't we also consider Darrell Armstrong?

I'm a bit excited about this... Sam wouldn't be my first choice, but he sure wouldn't be my last either. Plus we're not the first team to talk to him, and you know for a fact he bleeds Magic blue. I just wish we would of thought the same things when Scott Skiles was ripe for the taking, and we wouldn't be going through this right now!

Anyway, here's my updated top five wanted hires:

1. Rick Adelman

2. Rick Carlisle

3. Marc Iavaroni

4. Sam Vincent

5. Stan Van Gundy

There's still big risks/mistakes looming out there like Larry Brown, Billy Donovan, and Jeff Van Gundy. We could do much worse than Sammy.

In Otis I Trust!

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by bhnole:

Very interesting Bhnole....I will be watching intently to see the title of Schmitz's next Magic blog.

Not sure what the Mavs press have to gain from making this stuff up, unless they are looking for anything and everything to divert attention from their first round exit.

I have to admit that Vincent's name seems a bit "out of nowhere," at least for me. If we are considering him, why don't we also consider Darrell Armstrong?

I agree about the Mavs press making it up, it is an "oh by the way" comment on another article. Why bother making something up that his readers don't really care about.

As for Darrell, I think he will be a good coach someday. But needs to do his time as an assistant in my book.

Sam Vincent would not be my first choice, but he would be in my top five.