Sign in to follow this  
TheRevTy

Day O' Trades

Soul Bro, you are drinking the offseason kool aid BAD.

Not every guy that gets traded is a realistic option for us, nor do we need to get a guy just for the sake of him playing a position we could use.

Look at when Otis got Rafer. NOTHING reported. Relax.

I'm good. When I say I hope Otis acts, I am referring to what I believe are lopsided trades for players that I believe could fit in with our system ... Foye, Miller and Johnson. Obviously, these are done deals but I'm betting some other deals will be available to improve our team through the use of Alston and Battie's contracts.

EDIT: Cap guys, do we still have Key's trade exception?

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Both Washington and Minnesota probably have more deals coming.

Craig Smith would be a nice addition. I wonder what the Wolves want for him?

It should be pointed out that Mike Miller was absolutely awful last season. There was a huge stretch where he didn't hit double figures in a single game. I don't think Washington is that much better adding Miller and Foye.

quote:
It should be pointed out that Mike Miller was absolutely awful last season. There was a huge stretch where he didn't hit double figures in a single game. I don't think Washington is that much better adding Miller and Foye.

Yeah, I was thinking about the same thing.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

I'm good. When I say I hope Otis acts, I am referring to what I believe are lopsided trades for players that I believe could fit in with our system ... Foye, Miller and Johnson. Obviously, these are done deals but I'm betting some other deals will be available to improve our team through the use of Alston and Battie's contracts.

yes, it expires in july.

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

It expires one year from the date the trade was made which I think was sometime in mid-July so the Magic do have it.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:

How are they not better? Miller was hurt last year and you have to remember these guys will be playing off the bench. If the Wizards stay healthy they will easily be the 4th seed in the east and could challenge somebody for the 3rd seed.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:

Would the proper response be +1 or +2.

Also I think it is fun to point out that Minnesota traded Brandon Roy for Randy Foye.