Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Prediction Time! How much $$$ and years are you giving Turk to re-sign?(link)

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

While I feel as though I should be highly offended, I can't help but smile. I love monkeys. If anyone is ever in the Miami area, I highly suggest going to Monkey Jungle. Great place.

Also, clockwise from upper left: Marc Acres, Jareth Cutestory, DoM, Soul Bro, TheRevTy, SmackDaddy

LMAO!!!

You've made my day...

quote:
Originally posted by Kramer:

quote:
Originally posted by jackie69:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by ironarrow:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:
Originally posted by VaBchMagicFan:

Paying 8-10 mil for a guy like Hedo is nothing, it is a lot better than paying 18-23 mil a year for a guy who can only shoot the ball.

That's interesting logic. "I overpaid massively on my house, so I should go ahead and spend way too much on my car as well. Fair is fair."

American economics, ladies and gentlemen!

I don't know what your job is but I am gonna go ahead and give you a little example. After I am finished, if you still don't see how ridiculous your logic is then I will need to go no further.

I used to work as a graphic designer for a company. We were 3 designers in the office on the same table. We were all doing the same job and were all getting the same salary. If any of the other guys had got paid more than me I would have been more than pissed.

I guess you would feel the same.

I wouldn't care if the company (by a naive mistake) overpaid the other designer. All I think at that point would be does he deserve that much more than me? If not; bye bye to that company.

I would never do more work for less money than any other guy who works under the same roof.

Do you think Rashard is 3 times better than Hedo? If you do, then I will seriously will not spend another unnecessary word.

Rashard is not Wade! He is getting an undeserved and ridiculous amount of money. If Hedo is worth 10m than considering recent performances Rashard is not worth a penny more than 10m. If Rashard gets 20+ and Hedo asks for more than 10m, then I don't think you can blame him.

Personally, I wouldn't want to stay in Orlando under these circumstances even If they pay the same money as Portland.

My criteria would be the comparison with the team's other stars. Not a comparison with my previous contract!

I am not Hedo, but If I was: I would never stay in Orlando for that funny amount unless Rashard starts playing like Wade or Lebron!

Your comparison would be true if shard and hedo were in the same fa class. Saying shard makes $X and does Y amount of work vs hedo making less than $X and doing Y+ amount of work doesnt make sense given the different markets that the salaries are taking place in. Its like saying The Knicks gave Jerome James something like $8 million a year. Gortat looks to be better than Jerome James so the Knicks should offer him more than $8 million a year.

So, Rashard is in the same FA class as Kobe, Lebron and Wade? LoL....

There are more Stephon Marbury's and Allen Iverson's than there are Lebron and Wades. Face it, Rashard isn't that overpaid, Lebron is that underpaid. The max salary is a max salary. It is used by every team in a league featuring a handful of players who completely dominate.

Are you serious by saying Rashard isn`t that overpaid? I mean, really, are you serious?

quote:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:
Originally posted by FloridianaJones:

ur sig is epic btw

thanks

well after reading the first two pages i decided to skip the rest so this may have been pointed out already

how much is a championship worth to get so close then get rid of key players would be dumb it took us 14 years to get back here so we have to pay more to win it then so be it

i want a championship for the magic no matter what

quote:
Odom is going to sign for a lot less than 12 million a year and Odom is a much better player than Hedo

Don't agree with that at all. Hedo (even ignoring stronger stats) has more on his shoulders than Odom (who was basically a role player this year). Hell, Hedo basically ran our whole offense for a huge portion of the year. Put Turk on LA for Odom and tell me they're not a better team.

quote:
Originally posted by Tough Break There:

quote:
Odom is going to sign for a lot less than 12 million a year and Odom is a much better player than Hedo

Don't agree with that at all. Hedo (even ignoring stronger stats) has more on his shoulders than Odom (who was basically a role player this year). Hell, Hedo basically ran our whole offense for a huge portion of the year. Put Turk on LA for Odom and tell me they're not a better team.

They're not, bc Turk would just be a role player for LA as well. With Kobe, Turk would not run the offense and would prob just be a spot up shooter. Furthermore, Odom is a tremendous rebounder and allows the Lakers to not skip a beat when Bynum is injured or in foul trouble. He can play the 3 or 4, and can guard either position effectively as well. Also, don't forget the fact that Odom is a supperior interior passer. If Odom was on the Magic, Dwight gets 2-3 more dunks a game easily.

I would not be mad at all if we somehow ended up with Odom instead of Hedo next year. Just my opinion.

quote:
Originally posted by Levation1331:

quote:

quote:

They're not, bc Turk would just be a role player for LA as well. With Kobe, Turk would not run the offense and would prob just be a spot up shooter. Furthermore, Odom is a tremendous rebounder and allows the Lakers to not skip a beat when Bynum is injured or in foul trouble. He can play the 3 or 4, and can guard either position effectively as well. Also, don't forget the fact that Odom is a supperior interior passer. If Odom was on the Magic, Dwight gets 2-3 more dunks a game easily.

I would not be mad at all if we somehow ended up with Odom instead of Hedo next year. Just my opinion.

Did you see double teamed odom,jameer,lewis ??

Hedo is only player who have basketball brain in Magic.

If Magic dont sign with Hedo and Gortat, they will have almost 10 million for real PF in next season.

Let see what will happen ??

You will not have right to blame to Magic's PG jameer and rafer.

quote:
Originally posted by AcuWill:

Quite frankly, after these playoffs, I am not convinced of Hedo's value to the team. Hear me out.

Hedo's elevated status of importance to the team came folowing Jameer's injury. We basically needed a second player to run the offense behind Rafer even more now (although this in amny ways was his primary importance in the first place.) However, in the playoffs, when Rafer was managing the team well, and this aspect of Hedo's game was not that important, our best lineup seemed to to have Pietrus playing the 3, not Hedo. Now, if we ahve both Jameer and Rafer (or a 2nd string pg capable of running the offense), this aspect of Hedo's value is greatly diminished for the team.

The second aspect of Hedo's game that was very important was that he was the only player to consistenlty breakdown the oppsoing team's defense after Jameer's injury by being able to run the pick and roll. However, this only became his role AFTER Jameer's injruy. Before, with Jameer actually shooting well (50% fg 45% 3pt) as oppossed to Hedo's sub 40% shooting, or 2-12 nights, the offense ran better and than any point with Hedo running it. Furhter, I believe this is a role that CLee will be asked to contribute inmore next season.

In short, the two most important aspects of Hedo's game will be far less important next season imo. In my mind, it is not worth breaking the bank or hamstringing the team's financial future for a good, but wildly inconcistent player with questionable energy looking at the downslope of his career.

Wow, what a good post. Falls right into what is currently being discussed, but buried 3 pages back.

quote:
Originally posted by ankara:

quote:
Originally posted by Levation1331:

quote:

quote:

Did you see double teamed odom,jameer,lewis ??

Hedo is only player who have basketball brain in Magic.

If Magic dont sign with Hedo and Gortat, they will have almost 10 million for real PF in next season.

Let see what will happen ??

You will not have right to blame to Magic's PG jameer and rafer.

Its obvious that you don't know how the salary cap works. If we don't resign Hedo and Gortat it does not mean we will have 10 million dollars of cap space to spend. A team is allowed to go over the cap only to resign its own free agents, which is called having their Bird Rights. Therefore, our best options are to either sign and trade Hedo or resign him(hopefully reasonably), since we won't have the cap space to get the same kind of player.